Need help with a Jim quote

Started by Hawkeye, Dec 10, 2012, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkeye

Trying to use this quote for a paper I'm writing...the quote had something to do with how Jim might only want to pay 10 cents for a song he listens to once but maybe $30 or something for an album he loves?  Sound familiar to anyone?
We could.

zanjam

Quote from: Hawkeye on Dec 10, 2012, 10:37 PM
Trying to use this quote for a paper I'm writing...the quote had something to do with how Jim might only want to pay 10 cents for a song he listens to once but maybe $30 or something for an album he loves?  Sound familiar to anyone?

I remember him saying something about downloading music for free, and if you're on hard times, go for it.  But if you can afford it, you should man up and pay for it.  I am not sure where he said it, though.  At the Circuital release/Unstaged show last year??
anything + reverb always = better

tdb810

What I take away from this was that JIM JAMES AND I WERE BOTH AT LOLLAPALOOZA IN 1994.  'Cept I was in Randall's Island, NY and he was in Cincinnati. 

Sorry, I'm so self centered. 
.....Back at the Model Home

buymycar

Quote from: zanjam on Dec 11, 2012, 01:23 PM

I remember him saying something about downloading music for free, and if you're on hard times, go for it.  But if you can afford it, you should man up and pay for it.  I am not sure where he said it, though.  At the Circuital release/Unstaged show last year??

Besides Lollapalooza, he also said it in the interview that was filmed before the Fox Theatre Oakland show last June.  He also said it in the iTunes interview that came with the Holiday EP.

Hawkeye

Quote from: buymycar on Dec 12, 2012, 12:55 AM
Quote from: zanjam on Dec 11, 2012, 01:23 PM

Besides Lollapalooza, he also said it in the interview that was filmed before the Fox Theatre Oakland show last June.  He also said it in the iTunes interview that came with the Holiday EP.

Yes!  I think the itunes interview on the Holiday EP is where I heard it.  Wanted to quote it for a paper but too late...but thanks everyone anyway!  And I totally agree with what he said...some albums, I spend $20 buying the vinyl and I hardly listen to it...wouldn't care if I didn't even have the album...end up selling it at 1/2 price or less, most likely...others, I might spend $1 and I would be willing to pay $50 or more for it...Neil Young's Harvest comes to mind.  Still a relevant question I think:  what is a "fair" price to pay for a piece of music?  It definitely helps these days, having several avenues to "preview" music...Spotify, Pandora, Youtube, etc.
We could.