Who will replace ERIC MAYERS.

Started by rna2525, Jan 03, 2013, 03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Quote from: Sassbox on Jan 04, 2013, 11:43 AM
Quote from: Fully on Jan 03, 2013, 04:22 PM
Eric, if you're going to rock the rail you had better find a way to get there before scosby, Whippy, Haldon, miss evonne, and crispy. We'll enjoy hanging out with you  in line. Great decision to put your child first. It's an investment you only get one chance to do the right way. I respect you even more for putting her first.
Or he can just roll in with me, as one of those fine folks always seems to be saving me a spot  :wink:

You I'll give my spot to. Eric will have to stand in line.  :thumbsup:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Jackets N Pones

Eric,

Thank you so much for all of your hard work. Good luck with everything!

JnP

Photo by Linda Park
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Mahgeetah34

I vote that Mahgeetah34 guy  :thumbsup:

Haha crap, I just seen they already have a new guy

Northern Neighbour

Eric, thank you so much for all that you have done.  You've been extremely accommodating to MMJ fans and provided some great insights over the past few years.  I wish you all the best in your new endeavours and happy parenthood.

SaraBananaBear

Thank you so much for all the hard work and for being the best Eric! You will be missed! Best of luck with anything you do in the future and have a great time with your family.  :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

MamaKel

No one can really REPLACE Eric Mayers. But hopefully they can do as great a job as he did. He was always really nice to me, and taught me a lot about life. I wish him nothing but happiness and lovely days with his adorable little girl. 

BigHerm

The only encounter I ever had with Eric he was letting some dude have it at the soundcheck at Forecastle. I was scared of Eric from that day forward.

e_wind

Quote from: BigHerm on Jan 07, 2013, 04:38 PM
The only encounter I ever had with Eric he was letting some dude have it at the soundcheck at Forecastle. I was scared of Eric from that day forward.

I remember that. Comes with the territory, I guess.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ms. yvon

i'll leave the 47 corny things i'm thinking go untyped and leave it at this:
-it was great to say hello to you and get a high five (!?) as we were all streaming into the capitol on night 1
-i will always remember you as a dancing champagne flute

you throw a hell of a party, mayers.  good luck out there!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

weeniebeenie

An MMJ tour with out Eric Mayers won't be the same. Thank you for getting my sister and I those tickets to the Melbourne Big Day Out and side show in 2009. We had a blast. :beer:
How loud can silence get?

el_chode

Quote from: Eric_Mayers on Jan 03, 2013, 03:51 PM
Guess it's time to chime in here.  First off, thanks to all of you that I had the opportunity to meet while traveling around the country... er... world.  It is true that after seven years, it is time for me to focus all my energy on my family, and my three year old daughter.  It is brutal that after one quick tour, I find myself returning to a different human.  I can't miss a moment.

I can say that the time with MMJ was the greatest.  No news to most of you I am sure.  It was fun, enlightening and a total blast working for the greatest band out there.  They really do crush it every night. 

I am working now for a great company in Philadelphia, called CID Entertainment.  www.cidentertainment.com  We run VIP and travel programs for a ton of festivals and tours.  I will undoubtedly see you out there.

As for the replacement... We looked high and low and have found a very like minded, old soul to assist with Jim's upcoming solo album shows/tour.  You'll meet him out there.  That's all that is set in place for now.  Also, many of the MMJ touring crew will also be out on those dates. 

It is sad really, and it was a heard call.   I hope to see you at MMJ shows as soon as possible.  Only this time, I'll be out front, having my face melted with ya'll.

Happy New Year.

EM

Thank you helping make some of the best times in my life possible. Also, we're you pissed at all at the Brooklyn show? Just wondering
I'm surrounded by assholes

Penny Lane

Happy new year, Eric! You will be missed and good luck to you in Philly!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

smhoffmann02

Eric - really hate to see you go, but kids first.  Man, hell of a job you've done!  Big shoes to fill, yadda yadda.  Thanks for everything and good luck in Philly (you'll kick ass there, too). 
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

Crispy

We can only hope that whoever is the replacement is as awesome as this guy:

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

dp74

just curious if Eric worked for Jerry Joseph back in the 90s?