PLEASE READ: Terrible News

Started by mahg33ta, Jan 07, 2013, 10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahg33ta

I learned today that we lost one of our own - Erik Wiesner - aka Exist10z passed away suddenly.

He was a frequent contributer here and I'm sure everyone who interacted with him knew he was a super-nice guy.

I'm too stunned to say more but once I get back on my feet we need to figure out how to do something for his wife.

Shug

What?  I was just chatting with Eric in PMs a couple weeks ago and I was really looking forward to meeting in person one day (other than a very brief interaction at the Wiltern when neither of us knew who the other was).  I am shocked, another tragedy.  Eric was such a cool guy, thoughtful and intelligent and philosophical and even-keeled when discussing passionate opinions about music and life.  I don't know much about his personal life other than his ideas he shared here, but I'm feeling gut-punched and my heart goes out to his family and friends and loved ones.  Awful news...
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Crispy

Oh no, this is awful, I'm so sorry to hear it. He certainly did contribute a lot and thoughtfully here, and I'm sure elsewhere. Please do let us know what we can do.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

jaye

That is very sad.  He was a really nice guy - there was a mix up at the Wiltern box office and he went above and beyond to get the tickets he had promised people - me being one of those people.  He was so excited to go to PC.  I'm so sad for his wife. 

bluesky

I wanted to post on the thread that Misti wrote for Erik, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Very young and very sad.

mahg33ta

FiddleCastro

Very sad news.  I never met Erik, but my interactions with him on the forum were always positive ones, and he was apparently right behind/next to me on Night 1 at Port Chester.  Seemed like such a great guy. Really sad to hear.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

itrainmonkeys

Terrible news. I'm a member of Inforoo.com and we've lost a few members over the years. It's never expected and always a shock. This is a tight-knit community that really looks out for each other so while I don't personally know Erik I'm sad that he has been lost. My condolences to his family and all you guys who knew/talked to him.

iLikeBeer

This is just another reminder to live life to it's fullest every day and take nothing for granted!

Such sad news to hear about this morning. 

tdb810

Very tragic news, indeed.  Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. 
.....Back at the Model Home

johnnYYac

Oh, god, how sad.  Life can be so fragile.  Strange comfort that Erik got to see the PC shows just before leaving this world.  He was a huge presence on the forum and clearly a good man.  That his wife came to share with us means a lot. 

Tonight, we should all listen to our favorite PC recording in Erik's honor.  And anything folks would like to do for the family, please include me in those plans.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ghosts_on_TV

Oh man, terrible news. Didnt know him that well on here but he always seemed like a nice guy.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Tracy 2112

Really sad news; prayers to his family and friends.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

rincon2

Quote from: Shug on Jan 07, 2013, 10:34 AM
What?  I was just chatting with Eric in PMs a couple weeks ago and I was really looking forward to meeting in person one day (other than a very brief interaction at the Wiltern when neither of us knew who the other was).  I am shocked, another tragedy.  Eric was such a cool guy, thoughtful and intelligent and philosophical and even-keeled when discussing passionate opinions about music and life.  I don't know much about his personal life other than his ideas he shared here, but I'm feeling gut-punched and my heart goes out to his family and friends and loved ones.  Awful news...
Shug, When I met you night 2 at the Wiltern you were in the same crowd as Erik, the best spot in the whole theater. I thought you guys knew each other. I guess I should have introduced you guys by your board names. Such a tragic loss of a guy who even though I only met him once, appeared to be a super nice guy.

Penny Lane

I'm so sorry for his family. He was a thoughtful and valuable contributor to this forum and a kindred spirit. Very sad I never got to meet him.

PS Kyle-def keep us posted here and on FB as to what, if anything, we can do for his fam.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

lucylew

That is truly awful.  I would very much like to help the family in any way they need.

Crayton09

Didn't know him and never spoke with Erik, but I did always notice his posts and appreciated them very much. So many people complain on here, but that dude always had something positive to say and I just loved his posts, his love and appreciation for the band was much more apparent than most on this forum. Godspeed brother!

Misti

Thank you guys for posting so many kind words about my husband. You are the greatest group of music fans I've had the pleasure to "meet". Words can't express my gratitude for your condolences. It still doesn't seem real.

Glad to see Erik had an impact here. Feels like yesterday we were laying in bed and I'd look over at him posting here. RIP, my love. MISS YOU SO MUCH.

Erik smiling ear to ear at Port Chester after "All Night Long". 12/29/12
Miss you beyond words, Erik... my best friend and soul mate for 22 years. You live on in the music.