Main Menu

Kids love MMJ

Started by johnnYYac, Sep 20, 2012, 07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

I found this box in my garage.  I think its funny my daughters misspelled "Jacket" but spelled "Circuital" correctly.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

In order from left to right are Carl, Tom, Jim, Patrick, and Bo! The girls are good artists! It's too precious. Your girls and It Beats 4 Jew's boys may end up bonding over Jacket one day if you two ever get them on the same rail. You're obviously raising them right! ;)

LeanneP

I'm still training up my boys.  :grin:

My 5yo, who is only in school on odd days, sat and watched a couple videos on youtube. I'm not sure if he likes MMJ as much as the metal his dad plays (my husband works in the music industry and specializes in metal  :undecided: ) but it's growing on him.

He loves the adventures of Gideon the Owl, tho!
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

lpkell2145

I made my kids start listening to MMJ, from the oldest to the youngest. Just in the beginning and almost immediately after they started listening on their own. Now I'm the proud parent of 3 MMJ fans. Love.
20 times I wish you'd understand...

jaye

Those pictures are perfect!   :grin:

I have way too many videos of one of my kids  singing, dancing, playing drums, whatever to every song on okonokos and other live recordings.   He knows every word and what order the songs are on an album.   He loved when I started buying vinyl because the artwork is so much more exciting. 

zanjam

The Cousin It Jim/Patrick and Hassidic Bo are HILARIOUS!!!  Nice work, MiniYacs!
anything + reverb always = better

zanjam

Quote from: jaye on Sep 20, 2012, 11:58 PM
He knows every word and what order the songs are on an album.
Of course!!!   :grin: 

armando

Love how she got Jim's hair all over his face.

One the way to school one morning this week, we were listening to Wilco and my 9 year old son says "Wait, this isn't My Morning Jacket." I confirmed that it wasn't. He asked if we could listen to MMJ instead. (That's my boy!) We did.

Meanwhile, my 6 year old daughter whined, "why do we always have to listen to My Morning Jacket." Still working on her.

iLikeBeer

My girls are all fans, but I haven't seen any drawings yet.

They're limited to just being able to tell me when an MMJ song comes on my Zune.  They're pretty good at picking out MMJ and the Dead for now.  Although, the do sometimes mistake Wilco for MMJ. 

I think their favorite artist that I listen to is Grace Potter though.  Of course, having a Grace of my own probably has nothing to do with them liking Grace Potter...  :wink:

dookie shoot bandit

Awesome picture!

My 3 boys are huge fans as well. The 5yr old and 13 yr old rock out to OBH on guitar hero, and the baby loves the friends again/ outta my system record! They were all forced to listen from birth so I guess it's a little brainwashing, but I just call it good taste in music! They even named our pet bird JJ.  :thumbsup:

zanjam

Quote from: armando on Sep 21, 2012, 10:45 AM

One the way to school one morning this week, we were listening to Wilco and my 9 year old son says "Wait, this isn't My Morning Jacket." I confirmed that it wasn't. He asked if we could listen to MMJ instead. (That's my boy!) We did.

Meanwhile, my 6 year old daughter whined, "why do we always have to listen to My Morning Jacket." Still working on her.
So funny!  I was listening to Wilco last night (seeing them tomorrow night) and my son walks over to the iPod and looks to see what it is.  I asked him if he had to come see what it was, since it wasn't MMJ.  He said yes, he was confused.

armando

Quote from: zanjam on Sep 21, 2012, 02:54 PM
Quote from: armando on Sep 21, 2012, 10:45 AM

So funny!  I was listening to Wilco last night (seeing them tomorrow night) and my son walks over to the iPod and looks to see what it is.  I asked him if he had to come see what it was, since it wasn't MMJ.  He said yes, he was confused.

Funny how kids get accustomed to our sounds.
Have fun at Wilco!

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

smhoffmann02

Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

MamaKel

A Conversation With My 3 Year Old About The Lyric,
"The Art of Feeling Naked In Your Clothes" From "Where To Begin"

Mom: "It's the art of feeling naked in your clothes..."
Bob: But we not naked. We have clothes on.
Mom: Yes, but UNDERNEATH your clothes, you are naked.
Bob: Yeah, but I'm not naked. I'm wearing clothes.
Mom: Yeah but EVERYONE, UNDERNEATH their clothes, is naked.
Bob: They naked under their clothes?
Mom: Yeah. Everyone is naked underneath their clothes. Kinda crazy when you think about it...
Bob: So everybody's in their nudies?
Mom: Yep.
Bob: So EVERYBODY in their nudies under their clothes?
Mom: Exactly.
Bob: Oh, okay.
Bob: (under his breath) Yeah...but we still have clothes on right now.

Hawkeye

Quote from: MamaKel on Dec 11, 2012, 04:02 PM
A Conversation With My 3 Year Old About The Lyric,
"The Art of Feeling Naked In Your Clothes" From "Where To Begin"

Mom: "It's the art of feeling naked in your clothes..."
Bob: But we not naked. We have clothes on.
Mom: Yes, but UNDERNEATH your clothes, you are naked.
Bob: Yeah, but I'm not naked. I'm wearing clothes.
Mom: Yeah but EVERYONE, UNDERNEATH their clothes, is naked.
Bob: They naked under their clothes?
Mom: Yeah. Everyone is naked underneath their clothes. Kinda crazy when you think about it...
Bob: So everybody's in their nudies?
Mom: Yep.
Bob: So EVERYBODY in their nudies under their clothes?
Mom: Exactly.
Bob: Oh, okay.
Bob: (under his breath) Yeah...but we still have clothes on right now.

Lol, Hilar!
We could.

ItBeats4Jew

i posted this pic on the halloween thread, but it applies here too.  this is my 6 year old, Spencer's costume:

what Madonna said really helped