FREE MIXTAPES!

Started by JerseyDan, Dec 17, 2012, 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerseyDan

Friends,

As some of you may recall form the pre-8/29/10 show I've been known to play records at bars before. I put together 2 mixtapes which are free to stream and figured after a somber weekend we can all use some fun:

https://soundcloud.com/choicetasters

Cheers,
j.dan

pawpaw

Sounds good! I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but where are the tracklists? Whoa, I just blasted into Curtis Mayfield!

Thanks Dude.  :beer:
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

pawpaw

Curtis Mayfield > David Bowie > Martha & the Vandellas =  :thumbsup:
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Mr. White

The very first song on the "Hey my brother.." mix tape is the featured song at the beginning and the end of the movie Barfly. The feel of that song just puts the viewer in the proper frame of mind for a great Charles Bukowski story. If you haven't seen Barfly, I would highly recommend it! Mickey Rourke and Faye Dunaway are great together.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

JerseyDan

Quote from: bbill on Dec 17, 2012, 04:19 PM
Sounds good! I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but where are the tracklists? Whoa, I just blasted into Curtis Mayfield!

Thanks Dude.  :beer:

the tracklists aren't posted as Soundcloud is supposed to be for "original content sharing" and clearly only my "blends" are "original". I'll work on posting the lists before the week is out. THANKS FOR LISTENING!

Fully

Nice, Dan! I'm listening to it now. :thumbsup:  I don't think it's going to help me fall asleep, but I'll enjoy not sleeping.

JerseyDan

I Rock You Roll
(A CHOICE TASTERS Original Blend):

Wildcat - RATATAT (Evax Remix)
Everything is Everything - Phoenix
Assessment - Beta Band
Matinee - Franz Ferdinand
I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
New York City Cops - The Strokes
Float On - Modest Mouse
Time To Pretend - MGMT
So Bloody So Tight - A Sunny Day In Glasglow