The Black Crowes are flying again!!!!

Started by buaawwww, Dec 25, 2012, 08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shug

Its looking like they actually are gonna put em on sale at 10:13.  Nothing yet.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

BH

Got 13 tickets for Friday 4/19 in St. Louis and 3 for Sunday 4/21 in Nashville, but actually got shut out of Saturday night (420!)Nashville.    Will keep trying.    How about you guys?   I can't believe Saturday sold out faster than Sunday but I guess the weekend night means more than the special show to some....
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Taterbug

Got my pair for the 4/16 & 4/17 shows.   They are still available. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

LBSUNFLWR

completely shut out both nights at Ryman and if you can believe bought 2 on stub hub because they are flying out of there too! :(

Shug

Ouch!  I knew those Ryman tix would be tough.  I'm also surprised Sat was tougher than the Sun acoustic show. Keep checking, more tix may come up later today or in the next day or two.  Ticketbastard is crafty like that.

Got my two night of Chi-town no problem.  Tater, see ya there, I'm stoked!

This AM I was getting Allmans at the Beacon tix and at first I could not even get a single ticket in the whole damn place for a Sat night show (10 night run over three weekends).  Then I did the Chase Card special and got three dead center 6th row balcony but had to pay ALOT for them.  Getting tix is so complicated these days.

I remember when you waited in person outside the video game arcade and when it was your turn to buy, there was a dude in an office calling Ticketron on a rotary phone on your behalf.  He did this for every purchase.  It took FOREVER. But it was straightforward. Remebering that is hilarious to me.  I know I sound old.  :grin:

Taterbug

Shug,  brings back memories.  We would go to Carson Pirie Scott at the mall and Ticketmaster had a booth there.  People would be camped out in the parking lot waiting to buy tickets. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

LBSUNFLWR

i just bought 2 for saturday on stub hub too!!
they were going fast even on stub hub, and if there really are no bad seats, then I will be happy where I am, even at that price. Just wanted to buy them before they went over $200/ticket.

if I'm making the trip then I might as well go to both nights!!!

wow though!

Fully

I got shut out on 4/20 Ryman tickets. Maybe I'll Stub Hub it as much as it pains me to say that.

buaawwww

Got my tickets for 4/5 at Terminal 5!!!!  Can't wait!

LBSUNFLWR

I joked that I could have bought tickets for the 9:30 Club shows and 2 plane tickets for the price of these Ryman tickets on Stub hub. Would have flown to NYC even if it wasn't at Terminal 5... I think The Ryman, if it lives up to all the hype, will be worth it!! And if something crazy and amazing happens that acoustic night with special guests, and I had missed it I would have been mad for not buying the tickets! So...it's only money, it comes and goes, and this is going to be a special couple of shows!!!

Enjoy everyone! :)

deathstick

Got a pair for opening night at the Capitol....been quite a few years since I've seen them. Hopefully they've put the past few years of bullshit behind them, but we will see!

Fully

Quote from: deathstick on Jan 11, 2013, 06:26 PM
Got a pair for opening night at the Capitol....been quite a few years since I've seen them. Hopefully they've put the past few years of bullshit behind them, but we will see!
That sounds great. I'd love to go back there to see another show. They'll be perfectly suited for The Capitol.

lucylew

Completely shut out of the Ryman shows.  Not going to go through a broker - waiting for the west coast shows. 

rincon2

Black Crows. The second incarnation of the Faces with a big dollop of the Stones. Not the band I would pick to recreate Led Zeppelin, but man, that show with Jimmy page at The Greek was THE NEXT BEST THING to the real Led Zeppelin. Don't really follow them too much, but would love to see them.

LBSUNFLWR

So after the whole fiasco with not getting through on ticketmaster, and then buying two tickets for both Ryman shows on Stubhub, I get a call yesterday from Justin at Stubhub telling me that one of my tickets is obstructed view, and since the seller did not list that on the ticket sale he'd like to offer me $40 off the price of the ticket. or Stubhub will offer me a full refund, or find me comparable seats at no additional charge.

So I explained how hard it was to get the tickets, and now 2 weeks later it'd be even harder, and all I want is to go to the show. My seats were in the 20th row, Row T on the very far right side of the stage. Justin, my new best friend, offers me Row D on the left side of the stage. I asked, Row D as in 4th row?? And he said the section actually starts with Row B, so these are in the 3rd row!!! And would I like them??

so, now I will be sitting in the 3rd row at The Ryman on the first night!!!!  HOLY SHIT I'm excited! :)

johnnYYac

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jan 24, 2013, 03:01 PM
So after the whole fiasco with not getting through on ticketmaster, and then buying two tickets for both Ryman shows on Stubhub, I get a call yesterday from Justin at Stubhub telling me that one of my tickets is obstructed view, and since the seller did not list that on the ticket sale he'd like to offer me $40 off the price of the ticket. or Stubhub will offer me a full refund, or find me comparable seats at no additional charge.

So I explained how hard it was to get the tickets, and now 2 weeks later it'd be even harder, and all I want is to go to the show. My seats were in the 20th row, Row T on the very far right side of the stage. Justin, my new best friend, offers me Row D on the left side of the stage. I asked, Row D as in 4th row?? And he said the section actually starts with Row B, so these are in the 3rd row!!! And would I like them??

so, now I will be sitting in the 3rd row at The Ryman on the first night!!!!  HOLY SHIT I'm excited! :)
The world needs more stories about concert tickets with happy endings. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Shug

BH

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jan 24, 2013, 03:01 PM

Can I have your obsturcted view seats?   :wink:
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

MrWhippy

Hey, so I'm not really familiar with the Black Crowes at all, but grabbed a ticket for one of the 9:30 club shows in April after seeing people here freak out about it.

Anyone care to educate my sorry ass?  Records to start with, key live recordings, etc.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

BH

It's hard to know where to begin, but Southern Harmony is a MUST have studio album.   However, you can't really "know" the Crowes until you see them live.   I can pick out a good live show to send you....