I Will Be There When You Die

Started by EverythingChanges, Feb 28, 2014, 08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverythingChanges

There will be bigotry and there will be open minds.
There will be days of peace, you'll never have the time.
As long as you keep a straight face,
I will be there when you die.

My Morning Jacket - *I Will Be There When You Die* - Red Rocks (August 4, 2012)
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

EverythingChanges

I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Stevie

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Feb 28, 2014, 08:22 PM
There will be bigotry and there will be open minds.
There will be days of peace, you'll never have the time.
As long as you keep a straight face,
I will be there when you die.

My Morning Jacket - *I Will Be There When You Die* - Red Rocks (August 4, 2012)

It's hard to pinpoint your favorite MMJ moment of all time, given the amount of awesome that they bring to every show...and i've been to a LOT of their shows.  All things considered, it would be very very hard to top 'under the overpass' for a multitude of reasons.  But in terms of sheer emotional power, i've never been as moved at a concert in my life as the Red Rocks IWBTWYD.  It's a song i've always loved and one that I didn't know if I would ever get to experience live.  As I recall, it wasn't on the setlist and Jim had already played his customary acoustic solo song to start the encore so i couldn't believe my ears when the first few notes came out.  The way he gave it so much, his sincerity, and the way he ended it were all just too much for me to handle without a good stream of tears running down my face.  I feel like Jim was also very moved by the experience and i noticed that someone, i think Patrick, came over to him after it was over and gave him a hug.  I've been to a lot of shows where Jim is feeling too nutty to take anything very seriously, so this was very special.  It meant everything in the world to me and I'll never forget it.