Official 2013 Festival Speculation

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 24, 2013, 11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 28, 2013, 12:51 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Feb 27, 2013, 11:46 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 27, 2013, 10:33 AM
Bob Seger and the Silver BULLet Band?

Haha that is much better than Pitbull.  Leave the hip hop out of Forecastle!

They posted another one today that turned out to be Dawes "Love is All".

Toro and Moi is the answer

I saw that yesterday, and then looked him up.  His new album is a little too electronic/popish for my tastes.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

EverythingChanges

3 day passes to Forecastle starts at $125

LBSUNFLWR

That's what they were last year too i think...though it was a small amount at that price and think we may have paid $150...can't remember.

just heard elsewhere that Animal Collective was the next hint. Not sure what her source was.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Mar 01, 2013, 01:05 PM
That's what they were last year too i think...though it was a small amount at that price and think we may have paid $150...can't remember.

just heard elsewhere that Animal Collective was the next hint. Not sure what her source was.

Yeah Animal Collective was announced on their FB page today. 

EverythingChanges

Forecastle's last hint until the lineup drops tomorrow.  Looks like the String Cheese Incident.  Modest Mouse or Deadmau5 were discussed as well, but Modest is in Europe at the time of the festival.

e_wind

I think primus is the best guess "sailing a see of cheese" or whatever that album is called
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

oistheone

For what it's worth, someone over on Inforoo theorized that the Forecastle lineup partially "leaked" on Spotify. Here are the artists that were playing on Forecastle's account:

The String Cheese Incident
The Black Keys
The Avett Brothers
The Flaming Lips
Alabama Shakes
Jim James
Old Crow Medicine Show
Big Boi / A$AP / Phantogram (Big Boi's track - lines)
Dirtyphonics remix by Excision, Datsik (track Deviance)
Dawes
Griz
Freakwater
Foxygen
Shovels & Rope
Ryan Hemsworth
Wheeler Brothers

EverythingChanges

Quote from: oistheone on Mar 03, 2013, 03:35 PM
For what it's worth, someone over on Inforoo theorized that the Forecastle lineup partially "leaked" on Spotify. Here are the artists that were playing on Forecastle's account:

The String Cheese Incident
The Black Keys
The Avett Brothers
The Flaming Lips
Alabama Shakes
Jim James

Old Crow Medicine Show
Big Boi / A$AP / Phantogram (Big Boi's track - lines)
Dirtyphonics remix by Excision, Datsik (track Deviance)
Dawes
Griz
Freakwater
Foxygen
Shovels & Rope

Ryan Hemsworth
Wheeler Brothers

The bolded ones have been either announced or hinted at, so I expect this to be relatively close.  However, there are a lot of missing bands.  The lineup looks solid so far, but I just really want one more exciting band.  I love JJ, Alabama Shakes, Foxygen and I am decently excited for Avett Brothers, The Keys and The Lips.  Shovels & Rope are a fun folk duo, but not super exciting. 

I'd really be happy if Explosions showed up. 

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 03, 2013, 03:26 PM
I think primus is the best guess "sailing a see of cheese" or whatever that album is called

That seems possible too

A lot of people think it is SCI, because of the term "cheese heads"

e_wind

Yeah I really hope that there's one more big ass headliner and the avetts are second tier.

Fully

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 03, 2013, 04:20 PM
Yeah I really hope that there's one more big ass headliner and the avetts are second tier.

The Avetts sold out Bridgestone Arena last year. They can draw a crowd of Belmont music industry majors like no other. I was surprised too, and I like them.

e_wind

Well shit. If SCI, TBK, and Avetts are the headliners, I'm disappointed.

Fully

Why wouldn't FLips be headlong again? The are bigger than string cheese.

EverythingChanges

Aren't the Lips bigger than Avett? No?

I feel like TBK, Lips, SCI, and Avett are all headliner material for Forecastle, but why would Forecastle announce all of their top tier bands before the lineup drops?  I still think they are holding on to something.

Fully

We'll see tomorrow. Truthfully, for a mid tier fest like this, I think all of those are pretty good headliners.

justbcuzido

Quote from: Fully on Mar 03, 2013, 04:30 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Mar 03, 2013, 04:20 PM

The Avetts sold out Bridgestone Arena last year. They can draw a crowd of Belmont music industry majors like no other. I was surprised too, and I like them.

I'm going to agree with Fully on this one. First off, they can put on a hell of a show. Second, they have sold out the 3 shows I have seen them at. Still don't plan on going to this festival.... Unless... surprise MMJ headlining slot (I'm told often I'm a dreamer)
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

EverythingChanges

I have been trying to like SCI all day, but it isn't clicking with me.  They seem so cheesy (no pun intended).  They just sound sorta goofy I guess.  Am I crazy?

EverythingChanges

I'm kinda disappointed.  I was hoping for enough enjoyable acts for a 2 day visit, but I'm not sure if there is even enough for one day.  It depends on how they schedule the bands.  If they put JJ and Alabama Shakes on two separate nights I will be very disappointed.  It is cool how String Cheese plays all three nights, too bad I can't get into them.

LBSUNFLWR

there's not one band on there that I LOVE!
I will be happy to see Jim solo, especially since I'm missing the show here, and happy to see Dawes and the Avetts.
Other than that i will just make the most of seeing a few bands I casually like. Those headliners just don't do it for me...and yet I know I'll be going all 3 days anyway.

EverythingChanges

Yeah I am not sure that I want to go to Forecastle now.  The way they have JJ and the Shakes on the same tier, makes me think that they will play separate nights.  Since the Lips have been touring with the Keys, I wouldn't be surprised to seem them two paired together, which would then put Shakes with Avett on Sunday and Jim on Friday?  That's a guess, but if the lineup turns out that way, I am not going.

In that case, can anyone recommend anything musically exciting this year in or surrounding Indiana?