NPR: First Listen: Jim James, 'Regions Of Light And Sound Of God'

Started by Waddy Peytona, Jan 27, 2013, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahgeetah34

Mr. White

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jan 28, 2013, 12:23 AM
Im listening to it now. Thank you for posting this  :thumbsup:

Same here! Sounds very smooooth so far. I like it!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

EverythingChanges

I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Mahgeetah34

Great album! "All Is Forgiven" is going to sound really awesome live. I'm thinking it can be an extended jam like Steam Engine or Dondante :cheesy:.

parkervb

it's like they knew I needed something like this on a Monday!   Friend has had a download of the album for a couple of weeks but been holding out
Don't you ever turn it off

Fully

I've been listening to the album quite a bit the past few days.  It really makes so much more sense as an entire album than to just pull one song out away from the entire whole.  I liked, but didn't love Know til Now when it first came out, but then when I  heard it with the entire album, it made sense. It's so different from other albums that it really needs to be listened to in its' entirety. Luckily for me, it's the almost exact length of my daily commute.

Angelo

I just can't bring myself to listen to it yet. I need to wait until release day to really dig into it. Wish it'd get here already!

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

FiddleCastro

Quote from: Angelo on Jan 28, 2013, 10:56 AM
I just can't bring myself to listen to it yet. I need to wait until release day to really dig into it. Wish it'd get here already!

Same, I have the deluxe edition with the Vinyl and all that pre-ordered, I feel like listening to it now will take away a little bit from the awesome.  :cool:
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Grateful Chabo

State of the Art is an absolute JAM.  Jim laid down some funky bass licks.... :thumbsup:
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."

markcel

I'm liking it, can't wait to hear it on vinyl.  Any one else hear a little "Knot Comes Loose" in "Exploding"?

smhoffmann02

Know Til Know was an instant hook for me.  Been listening to the rest of the album off and on and I have to admit, I wasn't sold right away.  It simmered for a bit and I'm digging it now.  Not every tune, but overall, I really like it.  It's a good journey.  :thumbsup:
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

itrainmonkeys

The whole album works for me. It's short enough that I can get through it easily throughout the day (2 or 3 songs in a car ride, then again on the ride home). I really love it all from beginning to end.

Am I the only one who hears a tiny bit of Me and Bobby McGee on one of the songs? Think it's the instrumental one.....though I may just be going crazy

parkervb

find myself walking around my office going "A, E, I, O, U"
Don't you ever turn it off

johnnYYac

I also hear some Neil Young guitar jams in Dear One, near the end (2:30-3:05).
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Dillsnufus

Quote from: markcel on Jan 28, 2013, 01:12 PM
I'm liking it, can't wait to hear it on vinyl.  Any one else hear a little "Knot Comes Loose" in "Exploding"?

yes
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

rusty95

Y'all got any disco ball back there?

TheThird

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 28, 2013, 12:32 AM
Thank you!

State of the Art is badass!!  :grin:

My exact thought! A great opening track. It seems to me that MMJ/ Jim James make a conscious effort to have a great attention grabbing opening track and because of this pretty much all of their opening tracks are some of my favorite songs.
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]