Graffiti book

Started by Tracy 2112, Feb 10, 2013, 09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

My nephew turns 18 in March and has gotten into photographing graffiti. I want to get him a book of graffiti photos and this is the best one I have found is Graffiti World: Street Art from Five Continents by Nicholas Ganz, Tristan Manco

Anyone got any suggestions? He's pretty serious and as much as I love graffiti too, I don't want to be the lame ass uncle who gives him a lame ass book when there is a better one out there

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

johnnYYac

Tracy, the amount of thought you've given this negates any lame assness.  That said, just throw a $20 in a card. :wink:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

tdb810

Maybe the book and something from Banksy?  I enjoyed this doc.  Or is he considered too mainstream in the graffiti world now? Like so last year...oh and i would be the lame ass aunt.  Also, this isn't about photographing grafitti, so as usual, I didn't read your whole post the first time.  But since I'm here, here's my contribution:

http://www.banksyfilm.com/

.....Back at the Model Home

Fully

I think that book looks interesting. I like to take graffiti pics of the hilarious graffiti on the restroom wall. My favorite graffiti was a war between the "East Side Hoes" and the "West Side Bitchez" it usually isn't very visually interesting though like this book looks.

Lunchbox

'Subway Art' by Martha Cooper & Henry Chalfant
...it was originally published in 1984 and has been dubbed the "graffiti bible'. i have the giant 25th anniversary coffee table edition that was updated from the original. it goes for $20 on amazon,i picked mine up at Barnes & Noble for 6 or 7 bucks in the discount section. definately a must have for graff heads...

e_wind

just be a cool uncle and buy him drugs
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Tracy 2112

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 10, 2013, 10:48 PM
just be a cool uncle and buy him drugs

I am cooler than drugs

(I did get cool points when I picked him up from the cops 3 years ago when they couldn't contact his mom)

Tracy 2112

thanks for the input folks. I pulled the trigger on these 2