NBA 2012-2013

Started by bearass, Feb 15, 2013, 12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiddleCastro

Quote from: yakeroo on Jun 05, 2013, 08:17 AM
I am hoping the Spurs take it in 5 games that a way I can watch Mahgeetah34 and Lebron crying simultaneously at Bonnaroo on that Sunday while I am rocking out to Tom Petty kind of like a few years ago when the Mavs reigned supreme! Should be a great series.

Yep, Spurs in 5.   :thumbsup:

I was at 'roo when the Mavs won, I was one of the 4 people cheering for the Heat (mostly rooting against the Mavs) under a tree...  :cry:
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

parkervb

Best player on planet + HCA = Heat in 6.
Don't you ever turn it off

Mahgeetah34

The man had a triple double and almost 20 rebounds. He needs to quit being a team player and expecting everyone else to hit their shots cuz it aint gonna happen. Passing to Chris Bosh for three is just stupid. Lebron needs to stop trying to rack up assists and just takeover!

yakeroo

Did not get to watch the game, so I am going strictly on stats. It looks dead even. Only thing is it looks like Spurs outplayed the Heat when it mattered the most (4th quarter).

Also expecting everyone to hit their shots? Bosh, Wade, and Bron all had the same amount of fieldgoals and all made the same amount of them. Bosh missed 4 threes, but so did Bron.
Spurs still in 5! :thumbsup:

yakeroo

Tracy 2112

I think the most significant difference last night was turnovers. Heat had 8, Spurs 4. The Heat looked tired down the stretch last night while the Spurs seemed rested. That 7 game series against those Pacer superstars seemed to have taken a bite out of their stamina.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

parkervb

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jun 07, 2013, 12:19 AM
The man had a triple double and almost 20 rebounds. He needs to quit being a team player and expecting everyone else to hit their shots cuz it aint gonna happen. Passing to Chris Bosh for three is just stupid. Lebron needs to stop trying to rack up assists and just takeover!

he still needs to get everyone involved and he is key in getting the team open looks at 3, but 4 FTAs? That's WAAAAAAYYYYY too low.  He needs to be getting to the line 10+ a game.  More attacking the rim, get TD in foul trouble. 

And what was Spo doing with Bron and Wade on the bench at the same time in the 2nd half? 

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jun 07, 2013, 12:19 AM

Kobe would have taken over. MJ would have taken over. Just sayin...

I am still waiting for Lebron to show up and take over rather than lose a game THEN show up. I have never understood why he does this.

Mahgeetah34

OH how things change  :cool:

parkervb

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jun 09, 2013, 10:31 PM

not for me.  Everyone predicted a competitive series and after two games, I think that we are still on the same track.  No way this series doesn't go 6 or 7 games. 

Most interested to see if Spurs change up the plan for defending LBJ.  If they are going to keep double and triple teaming, he will keep finding the open shooters. 

manonthemoon

The only thing that has changed is that the Spurs have home court advantage now, I think a split is about the best they could of hoped for.
Alive or Just Breathing

Tracy 2112

Yes. Manu Ginobili forgot how to dribble. Seriously. I have never seen anything like that. How do you forget how to dribble a basketball?

Mahgeetah34

We shall see how tonight's game will go. I think the Miami Heat mean business now.

FiddleCastro

Spurs in 5  :wink:

Gonna be a good series the rest of the way.  Not sure what happened in the 4th, but you can't count on that happening every night, the Spurs and Heat were having a tightly contested game when the Spurs forgot how to play basketball.  Pop's a great coach and wanted to let them play themselves out of it, but it got way outta hand real fast.  Some Spurs fans (more likely Heat haters) were talking about bad refereeing, but i don't think that's the case, The Spurs just got outplayed during that stretch and it gave em a chance to give T-Mac his first minutes in the Finals.

I think the Spurs are gonna take game 3 and possibly all 3 at home, or at least one more at home. Spurs ain't close to done.

parkervb

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Jun 11, 2013, 09:38 AM
Spurs in 5  :wink:

Gonna be a good series the rest of the way. Not sure what happened in the 4th, but you can't count on that happening every night, the Spurs and Heat were having a tightly contested game when the Spurs forgot how to play basketball.  Pop's a great coach and wanted to let them play themselves out of it, but it got way outta hand real fast.  Some Spurs fans (more likely Heat haters) were talking about bad refereeing, but i don't think that's the case, The Spurs just got outplayed during that stretch and it gave em a chance to give T-Mac his first minutes in the Finals.

I think the Spurs are gonna take game 3 and possibly all 3 at home, or at least one more at home. Spurs ain't close to done.

i'll say the same thing about the 4th Q of game 1 when the Heat scored 16 points.  If you're the Spurs, you can't count on that every night.  This series is just getting started and no smart NBA fan is counting out the Spurs.

Tracy 2112

Dear Lebron,

If you want to be considered one of the greatest ever, (A) quit crying about fouls (B) don't "show off" and stand there posing for the cameras after you blocked someone's shot, get out on the fast break (C) win titles.

AND (D) quit flopping

Sincerely,

The Universe

FiddleCastro

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jun 11, 2013, 09:47 AM
Dear Lebron,

If you want to be considered one of the greatest ever, (A) quit crying about fouls (B) don't "show off" and stand there posing for the cameras after you blocked someone's shot, get out on the fast break (C) win titles.

Sincerely,

The Universe

ugh, him just STANDING THERE after that block was just... awful... run, bro! Like, I understand that was a pretty wicked block, but Tim Duncan would never do that.  That was almost JaVale-esque

And yeah, exactly parkervb, the rest of the series is going to be great, both teams had uncharacteristically bad moments in their losses. I just think the Spurs can win all 3 at home, or at least two and get control again.  Winning one in Miami was huge, IMO

parkervb

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Jun 11, 2013, 11:13 AM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jun 11, 2013, 09:47 AM
Dear Lebron,

Sincerely,

The Universe

ugh, him just STANDING THERE after that block was just... awful... run, bro! Like, I understand that was a pretty wicked block, but Tim Duncan would never do that.  That was almost JaVale-esque

And yeah, exactly parkervb, the rest of the series is going to be great, both teams had uncharacteristically bad moments in their losses. I just think the Spurs can win all 3 at home, or at least two and get control again.  Winning one in Miami was huge, IMO

I see Spurs winning 2/3 at home and the series heading back to Miami.  Pretty rare for the home sweep in this format:

Since the 2-3-2 format began in 1985, only three teams have swept the three games at home: 2004 Pistons; 2006 Heat; 2012 Heat. That's it.

https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/344472871038504960

I also agree that Lebron shouldn't have preened for so long after the block, but he did get back in time to hit Allen for an open 3-pointer.

Ruckus

"Javale-esque" has entered my every day lexicon.

If I had made that block I would have done a whole lot more than he did (lawn mower the paint or something). The strength he exhibited was remarkable.

I'm sticking to my prediction that Spurs take one in Miami, Heat take two of three in San Antonio, and then close it out back home in 6.  Regardless, I'm just rooting for a classic series.

We'll see the adjustments Parker makes to the heat switching and/or going under all the pick n' rolls.  Is this the game where the Heat post James more.

Last year the Heat ran away with it because Miller and Battier and the like were raining threes.  If Cole, Miller, Allen, and Chalmers can hit at  40% clip, it's gonna be tough for the Spurs.  LBJ is seemingly able to get his shooters open looks at will.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

parkervb

the reason LBJ is getting his shooters open looks is a) he's got insane court vision and b) Spurs leaving them open to double LBJ.  That's why you saw the lineup with Lebron, Birdman and shooters (Allen, Cole, Miller).  Daring Pop to keep doubling him.  I think he changes it up a bit tonight.

Still see no reason to sway from my Heat pick.