NBA 2012-2013

Started by bearass, Feb 15, 2013, 12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahgeetah34

SO much hate for Lebron. He could end world hunger and yall would still hate on him.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jun 11, 2013, 02:36 PM
SO much hate for Lebron. He could end world hunger and yall would still hate on him.

He's brought much of it on himself.  I don't hate him.  I just hate hearing people proclaim that he's the best ever to play the game.  I'm sorry but MJ never lost in the finals.  He was 6-0 and very well would have been 8-0 had he not taken off 2 years to try to play baseball.  LeBron has already lost twice in the Finals and could be 1-3 after this year and if that happens, can we put the 'best player ever' in reference to Lebron to bed???

Furthermore, MJ would have NEVER taken a seat on the bench in the 4th quarter of a game in the NBA Finals because he needed to rest, especially one still very much in doubt like game 1.   :rolleyes:  MJ played one of the best games in Finals history while he was puking with the flu!   Oh, and MJ didn't have to assemble a team of all-stars to finally win a title as LeBron has done by running to South Beach to team up with Wade and Bosh.  MJ did it by making the players around him better.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jun 11, 2013, 02:36 PM

I like my superstars to be humble. Jesus was not into self aggrandizing buffoonery.

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Crayton09

further evidence of LeBron's douchebaggery can be seen in a new "beats by dre" headphones commercial. he's jamming(with dr. dre headphones) to that god awful "radioactive" song that's been on a million other commercials while practicing in some swanky indoor basketball court in his home. oh and then I saw where he was riding on the back of a golf cart in the arena while wearing cream colored skinny jeans with what appeared to be a spandex shirt under a blazer. ridiculous. go spurs go

yakeroo

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jun 09, 2013, 10:31 PM
OH how things change  :cool:

OH how things stay the same  :cool:
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

The greatest shot a mere 33%?

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jun 11, 2013, 02:20 AM
We shall see how tonight's game will go. I think the Miami Heat mean business now.

capt. scotty

I hope the Bootsraps win this in 5 and that NBA realizes that their 2-3-2 finals system has the downs syndrome.

Also, Danny Green ooh wee. UNC baby.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Mahgeetah34

Lebron looks like he's out there point shaving. He's too focused on spending the first half trying to get Bosh and Wade going then when he decides to shoot, he goes cold :angry:. He's gonna end up costing us the finals if he tries over and over to be a "team player" instead of doing what must be done.

Crayton09

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jun 12, 2013, 12:08 AM
Lebron looks like he's out there point shaving. He's too focused on spending the first half trying to get Bosh and Wade going then when he decides to shoot, he goes cold :angry:. He's gonna end up costing us the finals if he tries over and over to be a "team player" instead of doing what must be done.

Ledouche got D'd the fuck up by Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard, that's what happened

FiddleCastro

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jun 12, 2013, 12:08 AM

If you think LeFraud can beat a team like the Spurs by himself, I want some of what you're smoking...

LeFraud had to do things alone in Cleveland when they made their only Finals appearance and the Spurs swept them.

To me, if LeFraud doesn't get more help from his supposed other 2 of their big 3, this series won't go back to Miami...

iLikeBeer

BTW, is anyone else laughing their ass off at this coaching matchup?  Pops is OWNING Spoelstra so far in this series.  Spoelstra wasn't the reason the Heat went on that 35-9 run in Game 2, but Pops has his signature on BOTH the Spurs wins in this series.  The way the Spurs defended LeFraud last night was a thing of beauty to watch! 

parkervb

all the Lebron hate.  It's kinda pathetic. 

A team goes out and hits the most 3's in Finals history and everyone blames Lebron.  Yes, he had a terrible game (still had a double-double).  Yes, he should have realized that once his J wasn't falling that he needed to go to the rim (zero FTAs).  But, to call him Lefraud and Ledouche is just stupid.  So what if he doesn't dress the way you want him to or that he made a commercial that annoyed you?  Who cares?   

Or, how about just giving the Spurs some credit?  Everyone wants to kill LBJ, but the Spurs played a perfect game.

Guess what?  All the Heat have to do is win Thursday (easier said than done of course) and they have HCA back with the series going back to Miami.   
Don't you ever turn it off

Tracy 2112

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 12, 2013, 09:49 AM

A team goes out and hits the most 3's in Finals history and everyone blames Lebron.  Yes, he had a terrible game (still had a double-double).  Yes, he should have realized that once his J wasn't falling that he needed to go to the rim (zero FTAs).  But, to call him Lefraud and Ledouche is just stupid.  So what if he doesn't dress the way you want him to or that he made a commercial that annoyed you?  Who cares?   

Right, because scoring 77 points in an NBA Finals game should be enough.  :rolleyes:

Why would anyone be critical of this? Nothing stupid here:

Miami Heat intro to LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade

You reap what you sow. You want to bring all this attention to yourself and not be thought of as a douchebag? That's 100x the hype MJ or Kobe ever dreamed of throwing and people are just supposed to sit back and praise this crap? Whatever.

LeBron James Makes His Decision: Miami

This aren't clips from someone being a jack ass "behind the scenes" or in their private life, these are well calculated, orchestrated attempts at recognition and hype. Lebron can win 20 titles and he's still a douchebag when compared to the greats of the NBA. Maybe they beat San Antonio or maybe Lebron is in for another tough life lesson from a bunch of classy veterans (and some classy young guys).

parkervb

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jun 12, 2013, 10:53 AM

Right, because scoring 77 points in an NBA Finals game should be enough.  :rolleyes:

You reap what you sow. You want to bring all this attention to yourself and not be thought of as a douchebag? That's 100x the hype MJ or Kobe ever dreamed of throwing and people are just supposed to sit back and praise this crap? Whatever.

This aren't clips from someone being a jack ass "behind the scenes" or in their private life, these are well calculated, orchestrated attempts at recognition and hype. Lebron can win 20 titles and he's still a douchebag when compared to the greats of the NBA. Maybe they beat San Antonio or maybe Lebron is in for another tough life lesson from a bunch of classy veterans (and some classy young guys).

Classy vets like Tony Parker who had an affair with his teammate's wife. :rolleyes:

Going to kill Lebron because the TEAM scored 77 points?  Last I checked they played with 5 men on the court at the same time.  Bosh/Wade combined for 28 and 10 (Wade had ZERO rebounds). 

No one is telling you to sit back and praise Lebron.  No one.  All I am saying is that if you're going to kill the guy for the hype/attention then it should also be balanced with what he does for groups like the Boys and Girls Clubs of America every single year.

I know you won't but I would suggest Googling "Lebron Boys and Girls Club" and check out the video results. 

There are dozens of videos just like this:

http://youtu.be/Euzm-oFGe94

If that's being a douchebag, then I wish there were a lot more douchebags in this world.   

Tracy 2112

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 12, 2013, 11:28 AM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jun 12, 2013, 10:53 AM

Classy vets like Tony Parker who had an affair with his teammate's wife. :rolleyes:

Going to kill Lebron because the TEAM scored 77 points?  Last I checked they played with 5 men on the court at the same time.  Bosh/Wade combined for 28 and 10 (Wade had ZERO rebounds). 

No one is telling you to sit back and praise Lebron.  No one.  All I am saying is that if you're going to kill the guy for the hype/attention then it should also be balanced with what he does for groups like the Boys and Girls Clubs of America every single year.

I know you won't but I would suggest Googling "Lebron Boys and Girls Club" and check out the video results. 

There are dozens of videos just like this:

http://youtu.be/Euzm-oFGe94

If that's being a douchebag, then I wish there were a lot more douchebags in this world.

Lebron loves the children! Lebron loves the children!

If you can't see why people think Lebron is a douchebag, then that's your choice. It's pretty obvious to me. ANY multi-millionaire can throw the Boys and Girls club a couple of dimes and get some photo ops to improve their public image. James cleared 60 million last year and gave the Boys and Girls Clubs $250,000. So lets do the math: 250,000 is 1/4 of 1,000,000; 1,000,0000 is 1/60th of 60,000,000. What's 1/4 of 1/60? I am going to need a calculator, brb...it's basically the equivalent of me buying the new Macklemore CD for the Boys and Girls Club here in Nashville. Where's my commercial?

FiddleCastro

Just letting you all know I'm not a Lebron Hater, just a Spurs fan.  :grin:

Lebron is one hell of an athlete, not a fan of his attitude/lack of good judgement, but he is one damn fine basketball player.  However, I hope he loses real hard in the finals ;)

parkervb

sure, forget all of the good stuff that people do and focus on a few high-profile instances of self-promotion. 

If you can't see how myopic that is, then that's your choice.  It's pretty obvious to me.

:wink:

Anyways...if anu would like to have a discussion about the game itself, I really thought Zach Lowe (my favorite NBA scribe) did a great job in his Game 3 breakdown which primarily comes down the defensive breakdowns that Miami had in Game 3 (and of course the ridiculous shooting and great play by SA)

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/65225/we-went-there-the-spurs-rain-on-the-cool-ineffective-heat

Tracy 2112

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 12, 2013, 01:16 PM
sure, forget all of the good stuff that people do and focus on a few high-profile instances of self-promotion. 

If you can't see how myopic that is, then that's your choice.  It's pretty obvious to me.

:wink:

So everyone in the NBA (probably every pro athlete) is a good guy because there ain't 1 of them who doesn't do some sort of philanthropy. And they all do it out of their gentle and kind spirit, for the love of the kids and community. And we are all one and we all love each other. Cool.

Go Spurs