NBA 2012-2013

Started by bearass, Feb 15, 2013, 12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jun 12, 2013, 01:39 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Jun 12, 2013, 01:16 PM
sure, forget all of the good stuff that people do and focus on a few high-profile instances of self-promotion. 

If you can't see how myopic that is, then that's your choice.  It's pretty obvious to me.

:wink:

So everyone in the NBA (probably every pro athlete) is a good guy because there ain't 1 of them who doesn't do some sort of philanthropy. And they all do it out of their gentle and kind spirit, for the love of the kids and community. And we are all one and we all love each other. Cool.

Go Spurs

because that's EXACTLY what I was saying...

I had a longer response all typed, but figured I had hijacked this thread enough. Sorry everyone.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...
Don't you ever turn it off

Tracy 2112

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 12, 2013, 03:11 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jun 12, 2013, 01:39 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Jun 12, 2013, 01:16 PM
sure, forget all of the good stuff that people do and focus on a few high-profile instances of self-promotion. 

If you can't see how myopic that is, then that's your choice.  It's pretty obvious to me.

:wink:

So everyone in the NBA (probably every pro athlete) is a good guy because there ain't 1 of them who doesn't do some sort of philanthropy. And they all do it out of their gentle and kind spirit, for the love of the kids and community. And we are all one and we all love each other. Cool.

Go Spurs

because that's EXACTLY what I was saying...

I had a longer response all typed, but figured I had hijacked this thread enough. Sorry everyone.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

I'm the one who hijacked the thread; I really couldn't give 2 shits about the NBA these days, but thanks for playing  :wink:
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Mahgeetah34

Parker made some really good points about unnecessary Lebron hate  :thumbsup:. Back on semi-topic, any ideas on why Wade and Bosh don't play to their all-star level? It has nothing to do with the Spurs because this dated back to the regular season. It's almost like Wade plays on cruise control because he expects Lebron to handle the majority of the workload and Bosh's problem is that he doesn't seem to play with aggression until Miami goes on their monster runs.

parkervb

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jun 12, 2013, 03:56 PM
Parker made some really good points about unnecessary Lebron hate  :thumbsup:. Back on semi-topic, any ideas on why Wade and Bosh don't play to their all-star level? It has nothing to do with the Spurs because this dated back to the regular season. It's almost like Wade plays on cruise control because he expects Lebron to handle the majority of the workload and Bosh's problem is that he doesn't seem to play with aggression until Miami goes on their monster runs.

100% Wade is hurt.  He should have been resting more in the regular season but they wanted to beat the record for longest winning streak.

Now Bosh, not sure what is going on there.  He definitely lost his mental edge about playing in the paint and has become way too enamored with that jumper (you're open for a reason dude). 

manonthemoon

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 12, 2013, 04:37 PM
Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jun 12, 2013, 03:56 PM

100% Wade is hurt.  He should have been resting more in the regular season but they wanted to beat the record for longest winning streak.

Now Bosh, not sure what is going on there.  He definitely lost his mental edge about playing in the paint and has become way too enamored with that jumper (you're open for a reason dude).

Almost everyone is questioning Lj's mental makeup at this point.  Great player, probably the best on the planet currently, but nowhere near the GOAT.  He never seems to want to take over a game and has no killer instinct that Jordan, Kobe, or any of the other greats had.   Rome was just killing him today and was pretty well deserved after that performance.

That said this series is far from over and like others have stated it only takes a win next game for the series to be tied, but if they go down 3-1 its over.
Alive or Just Breathing

capt. scotty

Tony Parker's injury might be Lebron's free pass. I dont see SAS winning this if Parker misses a few games. Sounds like game 4 is likely he is out, so that's big for both teams.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

parkervb

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jun 12, 2013, 10:53 PM
Tony Parker's injury might be Lebron's free pass. I dont see SAS winning this if Parker misses a few games. Sounds like game 4 is likely he is out, so that's big for both teams.

i bet he plays.

Tracy 2112

parkervb

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jun 13, 2013, 09:21 AM
Pop > Spo x 6

Pop > Spo x 60

Want to start a battle of replies/quotes again?   :wink:

Tracy 2112

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 13, 2013, 10:17 AM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jun 13, 2013, 09:21 AM
Pop > Spo x 6

Pop > Spo x 60

Want to start a battle of replies/quotes again?   :wink:

Coach Pop will have something up his sleeve tonight while all Spo can do is unleash Lebron, like last years Game 6 with the Celtics. I am anticipating Lebron going for 50; he has yet to crack 20 in the series. I hope Kawhi Leonard can D up and hold him under 30, he's one of my favorite NBA players (been following since SDSU).

Should be exciting. Go Spurs.

parkervb

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 13, 2013, 08:59 AM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Jun 12, 2013, 10:53 PM

i bet he plays.

he participated in shootaround and Pop said he's ready to go.  Game on.

This is THE pivotal game in the series for both sides. 

Ruckus

Heat 99 - Spurs 93
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

parkervb

Quote from: Ruckus on Jun 13, 2013, 12:41 PM
Heat 99 - Spurs 93

Nice prediction. 

Now it's a best of 3 and Miami has HCA again.

FiddleCastro

Not the best game for SA, but it wasn't awful, but those turnovers were just bad. Tiago Splitter was a walking turnover for a while... Parker didn't do anything in the 2nd half,  and of course the Heat's Big 3 FINALLY played a great game, Bosh and Wade finally showed up and as a basketball fan I'm loving it, but as a Spurs fan i'm going to be totally stressing out over it  :grin: Guess I'm used to it being a NY Rangers fan...  :grin:
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Tracy 2112

this is a 50/50 series; neither team being real dominant on a consistent basis. I just hope the games are competitive (like last night through 3 quarters) and no more blow outs.

Jaimoe

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Jun 14, 2013, 08:56 AM
Not the best game for SA, but it wasn't awful, but those turnovers were just bad. Tiago Splitter was a walking turnover for a while... Parker didn't do anything in the 2nd half,  and of course the Heat's Big 3 FINALLY played a great game, Bosh and Wade finally showed up and as a basketball fan I'm loving it, but as a Spurs fan i'm going to be totally stressing out over it  :grin: Guess I'm used to it being a NY Rangers fan...  :grin:

Rangers! With all that talent, they couldn't do it, again, in the playoffs.

FiddleCastro

Quote from: Jaimoe on Jun 14, 2013, 09:50 AM

Literally the most stressful team one could ever cheer for...

Jaimoe

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Jun 14, 2013, 09:52 AM

And scratching Brad Richards? WTF?!

Go Spurs!!

FiddleCastro

Quote from: Jaimoe on Jun 14, 2013, 10:40 AM
Quote from: FiddleCastro on Jun 14, 2013, 09:52 AM

And scratching Brad Richards? WTF?!

Go Spurs!!

uuuugggh   :grin:

Go Spurs Go!!!  :cool:  Gonna be a good series from here on out, all even again! Should be exciting. Just  hope the extra day off will help out Tony

FiddleCastro