One in the Same

Started by spence, Feb 15, 2013, 02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spence

I've combed the archives looking for a good live version to download for this one and all I've found is from back in 2004.  Is that it?  This lil' gem needs more love for sure.

BH

I show it being played 18 times total.   Not enough I agree.   Love this song on a hot sunny day.

2 in 2003, 15 of them were in 2004 and then Terminal 5

Several of the performances in 2004 were actually from the first Monsters of Folk tour.

A lot of them are available on recording but I only show two of them available on archive.org.

One from Philly on June 5th, 2004   (show with M. Ward and Dr. Dog!)
One from Pittsburgh on June 8th, 2004  (with Dr. Dog)

At that moment I'd know
Just how close we could be
And though it always was mine
It always seemed new to me
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

spence

Interesting, good info.  I did settle on the 2004 show, one of those on archive was pretty good quality.  When you say a lot of them are available on recording, where is a good place to look?  I'm also searching for a Chills.  There was only one on archive from Knoxville and it was poor quality, you can barely hear it. 

I created a playlist of live versions of the songs, mostly from the official bootlegs available, but wanted to try and get all the originals as well.  I used the official or other soundboard covers and so far I have a 104 different songs.

BH

I keep a record of shows that are on archive and shows that have recordings from other locations.   I don't know exactly where they are available but I have them all.   These are the ones I have.   I think the Kleine Zaal but I haven't listened to them all recently.   I can send them your way when I get a chance.....

MoF aud2004.02.20 Historic Pantages Theatre; Minneapolis, MN
MoF aud2004.02.28 Lupo's At The Strand; Providence, RI
MMJ aud2003.02.01 Mercury Lounge; New York, NY
MMJ aud2003.11.18 Kleine Zaal; Tilburg, The Netherlands
MMJ aud2004.05.09 The Filmore; San Francisco, CA
MMJ aud2004.05.11 The Showbox; Seattle, WA
MMJ aud2004.06.05 Theater Of The Living Arts; Philadelphia, PA (archive)
MMJ aud2004.06.08 Mr. Small's; Millvale, PA (archive)
MMJ aud2004.06.09 Newport Music Hall; Columbus, OH

And that Chills from Knoxville is the only one I have as well.    I can't believe there is not one decent version of it out there!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

spence

Cool.
The only two LP songs I didn't find anywhere are If It Smashes Down and If All Else Fails.  I assume Smashes was only played at T5, I've seen the youtube and also saw the video for If All Else Fails at Paradiso 2011.  Is there a recording of Paradiso anywhere other than the youtube video?

johnnYYac

Quote from: spence on Feb 16, 2013, 12:25 PM
Cool.
The only two LP songs I didn't find anywhere are If It Smashes Down and If All Else Fails.  I assume Smashes was only played at T5, I've seen the youtube and also saw the video for If All Else Fails at Paradiso 2011.  Is there a recording of Paradiso anywhere other than the youtube video?
IF there was a taping of Paradiso, I'm pretty sure I'd have it... and I don't.  I do have the video and can do a decent rip.  I'll report back.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 16, 2013, 03:23 PM
Quote from: spence on Feb 16, 2013, 12:25 PM
Cool.
IF there was a taping of Paradiso, I'm pretty sure I'd have it... and I don't.  I do have the video and can do a decent rip.  I'll report back.
Here it is.  Kinda cut out just a tad early (the video, not me).

If All Else Fails - MMJ @ Paradiso 11-14-11 (320 kbps mp3)

spence

oh, wow, thanks for doing that! 

johnnYYac

Quote from: spence on Feb 16, 2013, 05:14 PM
oh, wow, thanks for doing that!
No sweat.  Its what I do.  Here's your other IF song.

If It Smashes Down - MMJ @ Terminal 5 - 10-19-10 (128 kbps mp3)

spence