ALO
Amy Helm
Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers
The Revivalists
David Wax Museum
SIMO

DISCOUNTED EARLY BIRD TICKETS AVAILABLE

THIS SATURDAY (1/19/13) AT 10AM EST

FESTIVAL WILL EXPAND THURSDAY NIGHT PROGRAMMING, OFFER CAR CAMPING, SUPER VIP PASSES, HOTEL SHUTTLES AND MORE

Legendary bassist and founding member of the Grateful Dead, Phil Lesh, will bring his all-star side project Phil Lesh & Friends back to Mountain Jam for a headlining performance featuring 2 sets of classic Grateful Dead music. Lesh has assembled a special group of friends for this year's Mountain Jam including Warren Haynes and John Scofield on guitar, Joe Russo (Furthur) on drums, and Jeff Chimenti (Furthur, The Dead, RatDog, Les Claypool) on keyboards. 2013 marks Phil Lesh's first time back to Mountain Jam since his 2007 appearance.

Athens, GA-based southern rock jam band, Widespread Panic will make its Mountain Jam debut in 2013 with a 2-set headlining show. Panic, a rarity on the bills of northeast music festivals, brings their 27 years of playing together to Mountain Jam for their only northeast festival appearance of 2013, having sold over 3 million albums and consistently being named one of Pollstar's Top 50 grossing live acts.

In signature fashion, Mountain Jam welcomes back Gov't Mule for their 9th consecutive year as one of the festival's headliners. Mule's 2-set performance is consistently a festival highlight, featuring classic and deep cuts from the band's arsenal of rock 'n' roll tunes, as well as astounding covers.

Rounding out Mountain Jam's 2013 headliners is Primus, performing at Mountain Jam for their first time and fronting the festival's expanded Thursday night programming. Joining Primus on Thursday is Rubblebucket and a yet to-be-announced late-night electronic band.

Mountain Jam will welcome, for the first time "the biggest band nobody's ever heard of," Dispatch. Indie/roots rockers Dispatch come to Mountain Jam on the heels of their first full-length record in 12 years and with countless arena sellouts under their belt, including three nights at Madison Square Garden in 2007, three nights at the TD Garden in Boston and three nights at Red Rocks in Colorado in 2011.

Also returning to Mountain Jam in 2013 is The Avett Brothers following the release of their Grammy-nominated album, The Carpenter. Brothers Seth and Scott Avett have quickly become a Mountain Jam favorite and return to the Mountain following their appearances in 2010 and 2011.

Also included in Mountain Jam's initial lineup announcement is the return of Austin, TX-based guitar slinger Gary Clark Jr. following his special guest appearance with the Rolling Stones in December, funk/soul trip Soulive featuring The Shady Horns, "The Prince of Americana" (The New York Times) Jackie Greene, west-coast jam-rockers ALO, and Amy Helm, daughter of the late legendary drummer of The Band, Levon Helm.

Making their first appearance at Mountain Jam is alt-country rockers from Providence, RI, Deer Tick, Brooklyn-based indie-dance band Rubblebucket, breakout Californian signer/songwriter Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers, New Orleans rock septet The Revivalists, harmonizing indie duo David Wax Museum, and Nashville, TN-based power trio SIMO.

Mountain Jam's initial lineup can be found below and at: http://lineup.mountainjam.com/.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

I'm not a big fan of the line up but I can see how jam band people are freaking out right now.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

Yeah, I'm not going but thought I'd share.  Mountain Jam has some things going for it, some things to be desired. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Angelo

What e_wind said. Strange to see Deer Tick in there, no?

mahg33ta

zanjam

LOVE Deer Tick (of course), also Avetts, Gary Clark, Jr, Jackie Greene, Rubblebucket and Nicki Bluhm.  If I were on the east coast I would definitely be there. 
anything + reverb always = better

mahg33ta

Quote from: zanjam on Jan 16, 2013, 03:24 PM
LOVE Deer Tick (of course), also Avetts, Gary Clark, Jr, Jackie Greene, Rubblebucket and Nicki Bluhm.  If I were on the east coast I would definitely be there.

yup, that's pretty much my thinking too, except I don't know Nicki Bluhm.

itrainmonkeys

Great lineup. Wish I could manage this again.

oistheone

Never done Mountain Jam, but I sure wish I did last year. Or was it two years ago that MMJ played there? Jeez time flies.

I LOVE that SIMO is in there. JD Simo is one of the best guitar players I've ever seen. I'm so happy that he'll get some mega exposure to people in the northeast. If you like your licks fast, furious and with the perfect amount of fuzz, check out his shit!

headhunter

I'm out this year.  Plenty of other things on the summer calendar and not much unique or super special for me.

I do like Mt. Jam as a festival and a destination.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

zanjam

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 16, 2013, 03:26 PM
Quote from: zanjam on Jan 16, 2013, 03:24 PM

yup, that's pretty much my thinking too, except I don't know Nicki Bluhm.
She's amazing.  Her band is great.  She's married to Tim Bluhm, from the Mother Hips, and he is in the band when schedules allow (which is most of the time.)  Steve Adams from ALO joins the band when he can as well.  Her voice is angelic and they've got a country tinged jammy mellow rock vibe going on.  Ok, that description isn't the greatest, I'll admit.  But they are fantastic.  I've seen them quite a bit.
anything + reverb always = better

yakeroo

I am a big fan of this lineup. Anyone know if they do day passes? Did not see anything about it on their site. Looks like WP will be at all the festivals this year. I wish Phil would follow suit.

mahg33ta

Yes they do day passes.  That's the route I am going to take- wait til I see the daily lineup and if good fortune stacks the acts I like together, make it a day trip.

joey_rogo

I'll be there for the whole thing. I'm a fan of this festival. It's pretty and it's close to me. Usually, the vibe is pretty jammy and whatnot. Deer Tick is gonna stick out like a sore thumb haha.

itrainmonkeys

I might go up for a day....especially if that day is Avetts/Deer Tick together.

Sunday would be nice too since they end early.

Can't do a full weekend of camping though. Planning on Bonnaroo the week later.

smhoffmann02

I love the lineup and I'd be there in a heartbeat if it weren't a cross country trek.  Ugh.
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

nuggets

very tempted, but that's a tough time for me to get time off. add a decent reggae act (i-vibes, spear....shit i'd be happy with the "not so" original wailers or easy stars) to that lineup and i think i'd pull the trigger.
Oh shit, run!

joey_rogo

Futurebirds, White Demin and others added to lineup :thumbsup: