Memmmmmories--mmm, mmm none better!

Started by MMJ_fanatic, Mar 09, 2013, 12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

http://youtu.be/TyTquuJi6lA

Hearing this again after a long break really takes me back...to a cold February night in Northampton MA (this is incorrectly listed in the tour archive as being in Providence RI at Lupo's).  A night when I finally got to see this exciting MONSTER of a band moving from infancy to toddler-hood.  A show that I was able to personally promote (thanks to the street team) and bring a friend along to baptize in their glorious reverb drenched soaring guitar laden orgasmic communion. And the cherry on the evening was Patrick calling me up to their dressing area to meet everyone after I humbly asked him to have the guys sign a spare promo poster from my kit.  I should have died that night.  I remember my head trying to rip off as I described the whole scene playing out to my lady once I got home.  I miss the small venues and barefoot Jim but I rejoice in their earth-shattering success and hope their fortune continues as such.
Love,
Me
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Fully

I'm so glad you shared that story with us! That sounds like one of the best nights possible to me. I so wish I could have seen the band when they were in small clubs. I could have, but I was too stupid to think that people in their early thirties didn't go to shows. Little did I know...

Jackets N Pones

That is an awesome story. Can we bring back the street team?

1. J n' P
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

sweatboard

yep, great story.  Thank You.  Jim stepped on my hand with his bare foot once....still haven't washed it. 
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

your story is much better. 

also, you are one of my favorite persons here. 

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: sweatboard on Mar 10, 2013, 10:43 AM
your story is much better. 

also, you are one of my favorite persons here.

Aww thank ya sweetheart I'm very fond of you too. :kiss:
I wish to revise my observation of the boys' evolution tho--I think they actually expoded from toddler-hood straight into adolescence, considering a couple years after this show they were playing with the Boston Symphony Orchestra at Symphony Hall and getting kissed by Kirk Hammett in Tennessee :cool:
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

yep, nothing can top itself like an MMJ show.  Period