Top 5 Built To Spill Songs?

Started by sweatboard, Apr 08, 2007, 11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wigglydays

This is almost like ranking top 5 mmj songs, it changes pretty much every month. That being said, currently:
- Velvet Waltz
- Carry the Zero
- Kicked it in the Sun
- Broken Chairs
- Reasons

I feel kinda dirty not putting "Car" on the list :-/

wigglydays

By the way for any BTS fans who haven't already I highly recommend picking up Doug Martsch's solo album "Now You Know". Just as good if not better than most BTS albums imo.

Evening Rebel

Three Years Ago Today
So&So So&So From Wherever Wherever
I Would Hurt A Fly
Built To Spill
Time Trap

FWIW, Ultimate Alternative Wavers is a great album with two of my all time favorite BTS tracks on it. Don't pass it up! Yes, the evolution of the band has taken them to a different  level... but on that album the geetah wizardry and pop sensabilities are meshed together perfectly IMO.

at dawn

Just saw this thread, I loooove BTS.  I've only seen them once, not enough.  

Carry the Zero, You were Right, the entire Perfect from Now On album....I can't do this.  But check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ABZPinjaFY

That guy cracks me up.  So perfect.  

Salacious D

QuoteJust saw this thread, I loooove BTS.  I've only seen them once, not enough.  

Carry the Zero, You were Right, the entire Perfect from Now On album....I can't do this.  But check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ABZPinjaFY

That guy cracks me up.  So perfect.  
The tweaker is made even funnier by the stoic cross-armed lady next to him.
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

Grateful Chabo

carry the zero
the weather
the plan
broken chairs
i would hurt a fly

- i heard about this band about a year ago now and these guys blew my mind.  doug's guitar playing is brilliant and now i cant stop listening to them
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."

EverythingChanges

Great band, I just got into them thanks to the help I received on my jam band thread!

I bought their live LP yesterday.  Cortez Killer is amazing! His voice sounds very similar to Young's on that one.  Still learning my way around their catalogue.  I'll post my top 5 when I can.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck