Main Menu

RIP Alvin Lee

Started by johnnYYac, Mar 06, 2013, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Ten Years After was a part of my earliest musical awakening, once I ditched America's Top 40 and K-Tel's Solid Gold to embrace album rock.  Ten Years After, Blues Image, Santana, and Traffic were special discoveries from my junior high days.  As part of my quest to see as many of the bands from the original Woodstock as I could, Alvin Lee and Ten Years After eluded me. 

From his website, a message from his family...

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

johnnYYac

YimYodd

Nice posts, Yac
Sad day indeed!
Alvin Lee was one of my first guitar heroes and inspired my older brother to become a guitar player.
RIP :beer:
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 06, 2013, 05:34 PM
Woodstock - Ten Years After - I'm Going Home(Live)

Wasn't really familiar with this band until I saw the Woodstock movie, definitely one of the highlights of the film. RIP.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Crispy

Same here, it was the Woodstock movie that introduced me to Ten Years After, not even knowing they were behind "I'd Love to Change the World," and digging "I'm Going Home" a whole lot more than that radio staple. An additional pity, this is the only record I have to spin:

I can easily hear that Woodstock announcer in my mind (and at the end of the above record): "Ten Years Aftahhh..."
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"