Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Started by Jeff Murray, Mar 12, 2013, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Murray

Quote from: MrWhippy on Aug 01, 2013, 08:17 PM
Quote from: Jeff Murray on Aug 01, 2013, 06:12 PM
Just saw they are playing Rams Head in Baltimore on 10/2... Thinking about this one...

A buddy and I are definitely going to the Ram's Head show on 10/2.  Let me know if you end up going as well.

Many months after the release of their new album I still really love it, and am very excited about catching another show.

The only thing holding me back is it being a Wednesday night show... I'll let you know if I grab tickets.
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

wolof7

Just got Spectre at the feast. it's awesome!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

MrWhippy

Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 02, 2013, 05:43 PM

Glad you are digging it, I completely agree.  It's my favorite of theirs since Howl.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

dmooney99

Quote from: MrWhippy on Aug 03, 2013, 09:35 AM

Glad you are digging it, I completely agree.  It's my favorite of theirs since Howl.

Probably right.  I liked Beat The Devil's Tattoo but this is better.  Baby 81 is good but probably my least fav album of theirs.

Might be able to do the Balt. show.

MrWhippy

Quote from: dmooney99 on Aug 03, 2013, 08:36 PM
Quote from: MrWhippy on Aug 03, 2013, 09:35 AM

Probably right.  I liked Beat The Devil's Tattoo but this is better.  Baby 81 is good but probably my least fav album of theirs.

Might be able to do the Balt. show.

I'm with you on Baby 81.  Some good songs, but also some real clunkers.  I also feel like Take Them On, On Your Own hasn't aged real well. 

Jeff Murray

Don't see the Bmore show working out for me... dropped too much coin recently on PJ shows... got strong armed into both Brooklyn shows...   :evil:

So I am on a ticket buying hiatus after yesterday...

dmooney99

don't believe i can do the Balt. show either.  Realized it's on a Wed. night and i would have to get up early the next day for work.

APR

I just discovered that they (really just Robert) have a great, classic sounding BRMC song on the Sound City soundtrack.  It was a nice surprise seeing him and Dave Grohl recording their song in the studio as the end credits rolled.

GO4IT

I had presentations to make and leadership stuff this week at work but our Congress seems to have other plans.  If the govt. shuts down I'm in on BRMC at the Ram's Head.  Gotta make the best of the hand you're dealt and go for it.

Who else is going?

MrWhippy

Quote from: GO4IT on Sep 30, 2013, 09:36 PM
I had presentations to make and leadership stuff this week at work but our Congress seems to have other plans.  If the govt. shuts down I'm in on BRMC at the Ram's Head.  Gotta make the best of the hand you're dealt and go for it.

Who else is going?

I'll be there with a buddy.  That would be great if you came, Rob.  BRMC are amazing live.  If you do come, don't forget earplugs or you will be in a world of hurt. 

GO4IT

Quote from: MrWhippy on Sep 30, 2013, 11:41 PM
Quote from: GO4IT on Sep 30, 2013, 09:36 PM

Who else is going?

I'll be there with a buddy.  That would be great if you came, Rob.  BRMC are amazing live.  If you do come, don't forget earplugs or you will be in a world of hurt.
Who says Congress can't do anything?  Here are the headlines right now in the Washington Post: "Washington braces for prolonged government shutdown"

Now I'll be able to go to see BRMC for the first time!

GO4IT

Great show at the Ram's Head last night and great seeing Mr. Whippy and meeting his friend.  My son-in-law and I had our cherries popped.

MrWhippy

Great BRMC show indeed, and long for them at 2+ hours. 

As usually happens when they do two separate swings through on a tour, this show was a really nice compliment to the show they played in the area back in May, with a different and varied setlist.

Similar picks of newer material between the two shows, but some really nice and rare oldies were thrown into the mix. 

The solo songs that Robert and Peter will play are often some of my favorite parts of BRMC shows, and last night was no exception, with Robert doing a solo piano version of "Promise" and Peter doing a solo acoustic version of "Some Kind of Ghost."  It's too bad, though, that BRMC's audience has trouble S-ing TFU when they play quieter stuff, as there was loads of audience chatter during those songs.

Also great to see GO4IT and son-in-law.

Jeff Murray

Quote from: MrWhippy on Oct 03, 2013, 07:14 AM
Great BRMC show indeed, and long for them at 2+ hours. 

As usually happens when they do two separate swings through on a tour, this show was a really nice compliment to the show they played in the area back in May, with a different and varied setlist.

Similar picks of newer material between the two shows, but some really nice and rare oldies were thrown into the mix. 

The solo songs that Robert and Peter will play are often some of my favorite parts of BRMC shows, and last night was no exception, with Robert doing a solo piano version of "Promise" and Peter doing a solo acoustic version of "Some Kind of Ghost."  It's too bad, though, that BRMC's audience has trouble S-ing TFU when they play quieter stuff, as there was loads of audience chatter during those songs.

Also great to see GO4IT and son-in-law.

Cool, wish I could have made it...