Main Menu

The Strokes

Started by wolof7, Feb 09, 2011, 06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolof7

Here's the new single, "Undercover of Darkness." This is off the upcoming "Angles." Really fun and catchy. Great to hear them again....Saw them once, pretty good, they made the audience wait an hour between the opener's set (the Stills) and their own which sucked....Last Nite is the most fun Kareoke song.

The Strokes - Under Cover Of Darkness
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

el_chode

I've generally liked all they've put out

Not this though. His voice really annoys me. Whole thing sounds too polished.
I'm surrounded by assholes

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

wolof7

Between this song and a clip of another one I heard the other day, it definitely sounds like Julian's voice has changed. Not as gritty. However, I still think the track sounds pretty good, there's something about it that makes it sound more mature than their other stuff imho.

I still love Is this It and Room on fire and can pretty much listen to them at anytime and it will brighten my day.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

kydiddle

Quote from: wolof7 on Feb 10, 2011, 10:12 AM
Between this song and a clip of another one I heard the other day, it definitely sounds like Julian's voice has changed. Not as gritty. However, I still think the track sounds pretty good, there's something about it that makes it sound more mature than their other stuff imho.

I still love Is this It and Room on fire and can pretty much listen to them at anytime and it will brighten my day.

Agreed...The Strokes always make me happy. Man, oh, man I love this band. The new track sounds great!!  :)
Cow temperature.

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

HighlySuspicious

Who wants some new Stroke goodies?

Brand new video for their first single:

The Strokes - Under Cover Of Darkness

Making of Angles clip:

The Strokes - Making of Angles: EP1

And if you haven't heard "You're So Right":

The Strokes- You're So Right

Yeah, that one doesn't quite have the immediate appeal of "Under Cover of Darkness".  Very reminiscent of Julian's solo work, though (which I liked).

Only twenty more days!  Yay!  Let the countdown begin!   :D

kydiddle

The countdown has started.  :beer:
Cow temperature.

dmooney99

"official" single from their latest album  :thumbsup:

The Strokes - All The Time

dmooney99

you can stream their album, Comedown Machine:

http://pitchfork.com/advance/48-comedown-machine/

I was kinda disappointed in it, there are a few songs which i like (Tap Out, All The Time, and 50/50), but overall.....   :undecided: Will give it a few more listens though, maybe it will grow on me.

dmooney99

took me a few listens but i'm kinda digging this album.  :thumbsup:

ralph

i reckon its pretty OK too. Been playing it all day. Its got some pretty catchy tunes on it.
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

bartel

comedown machine is growing on me.. it's good.