Help pick the next "Chocolate and Ice" EP pressing colors!!!

Started by johnnYYac, Mar 15, 2013, 07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

subinai

robb

as a Lions fan, the green yellow combo makes me think of the packers too much, and we've had plenty of green with the Circuital eye in the last couple years. now that I see we have a chart I like the idea of the heavy splatter on opaque with Electric Blue and white.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ManNamedTruth

I like the heavy splatter on opaque too, i like how the one on the right looks like an eye. I'll go with orange crush, aqua blue, and silver for the colors.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

weeniebeenie

I like heavy baby blue splatter on aqua blue opaque.
How loud can silence get?

Fully

Crispy, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the brown and yellow looked like bodily waste. That should never be done again...ever.when I have time this weekend, I'll find my pick.

searchinbig

Damn you all. Now I have to get another copy.

Cool idea letting forum folks pick the colors. Thanks John,too. Dylan is a great guy. He sent me two copies of C&I long way back, one extra by mistake. Told me to keep it too but I sent it back.

Well I'll choose Heavy Splatter pattern with Grimace Purple and Silver colors.

"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Mar 16, 2013, 06:32 AM
I like heavy baby blue splatter on aqua blue opaque.

Maybe I'll change mine to heavy baby (batter) blue splatter on milky clear.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Fully

Dillsnufus

Cyan Blue with yellow heavy splatter
or
red with dookie heavy splatter (bloody stool edition lol)
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

legendofchin97

Quote from: scosby2 on Mar 15, 2013, 09:17 PM
highlighter yellow splatter on kelly green opaque...definitely like the lightning bug idea

That's my vote

johnnYYac

Alright.  We'll let Dylan pick his favorite from our ideas and see what happens...

johnnYYac

Here's a summary of submissions:

heavy splatter Hot Pink/Magenta (P11) and Cyan Blue (#5) on opaque White (#1) - johnnYYac's daughter Katherine

heavy splatter Deep Purple (#12) and White (#1) on opaque Silver (P19) - johnnYYac

opaque Deep Purple (#12) with Silver (P19) haze - johnnYYac's daughter Lauren

circle swatches Hot Pink/Magenta on Deep Purple (#12) - johnnYYac's daughter Madeline

all White (#1) - sweatboard

heavy splatter Silver (P19) on Orange Crush (P10) transparent - Crispy

repress the previous blue or brown pressings - e_wind

heavy splatter Electric Blue (P6) and White (#1) - robb

A side/B side 2 transparent colors with Highlighter Yellow (P17) and Kelly Green (#9) - subinai

heavy splatter on Gold (P18) opaque - ericm

Highlighter Yellow (P17) splatter on Kelly Green (#9) opaque - scosby2 (w/legendofchin97's approval)

half and half w/splatter using Doublemint (#7) and Aqua Blue (P14) - JaneCool

heavy splatter Cyan Blue (#5) and Grimace Purple (P7) - Mr. White

heavy splatter Orange Crush (P10) and Aqua Blue (P14) on opaque Silver (P19) - ManNamedTruth

heavy splatter Baby Blue (P16) on opaque Aqua Blue (P14) -weeniebeenie

heavy splatter Grimace Purple (P7) and Silver (P19) - searchinbig

heavy splatter Baby Blue (P16) on Milky Clear (#14) - ManNamedTruth

1 Transparent/1 Opaque Hot Pink/Magenta (P11) and Baby Pink (P12) - Fully

Cyan Blue (#5) with Piss Yellow (#10) heavy splatter - Dillsnufus

Red(ish) (#3) with Dookie Brown (#6) heavy splatter - Dillsnufus

Angelo

I'm lucky if I have a single creative bone in my body and as scosby said, the combinations make my head hurt. I'll leave it up to you more creative folks and hope I can order one when they become available.   :thumbsup:

ChiefOKONO

Highlighter Yellow + Transparent w/ Haze

i think that would be nice!

johnnYYac

For those of you who put in ideas recently, Dylan @ Badman Records is looking only at submissions through 5pm EST Sunday, as summarized above.  We appreciate all of the ideas.  Right now, it sounds like Dylan is leaning toward combining some ideas, so it may be a blend of a few submissions. 

shakermaker05

When will this be released??  I don't own C&I nor have I ever heard it so this will be a purchase for me no doubt.  Also, kudos to badman for asking for the forum imput.  I wish more companies would do this.  Definitely a nice little treat for the die-hards.

BTW, I know he's not taking anymore suggestions, but I'm defintely hoping for the cyon blue/white combo as suggested above.
My Morning Jacket: 2003-Cleveland, OH
My Morning Jacket: 2005-Cleveland, OH

johnnYYac

It looks like it'll be a couple of months before they're up for sale.  Sounds like the end result might be more of a hybrid mix of some of our suggestions.  I guess its hard to know how some of these things look until you just do 'em.  Thanks to everyone who chimed in.