Northern Strangers Debut Album - Free Download... Psychedelic Folk Rock

Started by danimal, Mar 10, 2013, 04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danimal

Hey all -

My band Northern Strangers has independently recorded, produced and released our debut album of psychedelic folk rock music called MONSTERS! this year. 

We are pretty proud of our album and we want to get some folks to hear it, so I wanted to offer up a link for a free mp3 download for anyone interesed.  I've got a .zip file of tagged 320k mp3's hosted at http://www.mediafire.com/?4gtkfmeacnahvpa, which you can download for free - if you like.  It's a psychedelic folk rock concept album of sorts.  I engineered and produced the album mostly myself, with some input from my bandmates.  I read a lot about the recording of Wilco's A Ghost Is Born and wanted to get a similar type of feel, with the band in the room.  I based my set up (in a much more crude way, obviously) on the way they were squeezed together in the room, with bleed contributing to the vibe of things.  I'm pretty happy with the results.  The band was able to really work together on the basic tracks of the songs we recorded that way and even guitar solos recorded live came off well enough to not have to re-dub/replace.  We've been playing together for about 3 years.  Here's our professional bio:

Northern Strangers are a 5 piece psychedelic folk rock band from Los Angeles, CA.  They formed in 2010, playing covers of The Doors, Talking Heads, David Bowie, The Beatles and Neil Young.  They have gained quite a reputation for their Pink Floyd shows, where they play an entire Pink Floyd album synced to various video projections.  Most recently, Northern Strangers independently recorded, produced and released their debut original album MONSTERS! in January 2013.  The members varied musical backgrounds ranging from classical to jazz to reggae to folk provide for a distinct flavor of psychedelic fun.  Join the circus at www.northernstrangers.com.

Feel free to leave feedback... more importantly, if you like it - pass the link on to friends who also might enjoy it.

EverythingChanges

Psychedelic...folk...concept...

Say no more, downloading now!  :thumbsup:
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

danimal

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Mar 10, 2013, 10:20 AM
Psychedelic...folk...concept...

Say no more, downloading now!  :thumbsup:

Awesome!  Feel free to leave any feedback or comments!

robb

did you post this on reddit too or something? I swear I've heard of you guys before and I any figure out where.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

danimal

I post some on ViaChicago - your avatar looks like something I've seen over there perhaps...

EverythingChanges

I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

danimal