MMJ Goosebump Moments

Started by meltingaway, Sep 15, 2012, 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrWhippy

I don't think this one has been mentioned yet.  The "I think my other would kill me" part of I Think I'm Going to Hell is a definite goosebump moment for me.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

EverythingChanges

Hearing O is the One live would give me goose bumps.

The end of Wonderful ("I'm going where...")

The part in Smokin where Jim sings ("The river is long, it is cold. It chills the body but not the soul.")

The screaming guitar parts in Slow Slow Tune (My favorite song on Circuital)

Touch Me Pt. 1 ("I need a human right by my side untied")

All of Steam Engine as everyone has already mentioned, but especially "Take your money and your drugs" and on)

Live versions of Lowdown with the ridiculous guitar solo at the beginning

Live Phones

Live Dondantes

The dueling guitars at the end of Lay Low

The beginning of the Dark when Jim screams ("No one ever screams anymore!!") I find myself screaming along with him in my car loud enough sometimes that my throat kills me for awhile afterwards  :tongue:

I believe I at least named one goose bump moment from each album, and that was by pure coincidence.  Solid proof that the boys still got it!
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Tomer

Every time the line "There will be days of peace" in I Will Be There When You Die.

When Carl comes in with the pedal-steel in "Librarian".

The entire intro of "Off The Record" live right up to and including the main riff after that.

The beginning and the whole solo's extravaganza of "Run Thru" after the second chorus.

"Don't let your silly dreams fall in between" line in Bermuda Highway. Gets me everytime.

When Jim start singing the words of "Master Plan". Don't know why, that whole harmony of the lyrics with the music there gets me in hypnotic mood and right inside the song.
"Jim's voice makes Enya sound like a russian couple arguing in a bowling alley"

BigHerm

There are tons but most recently when he started playing Rocket Man at Forecastle. I'd been wanting to hear that live for so long.

smhoffmann02

Hopefully a la Acoustic Citsuoca - Jim's humming and deliberate slowing of the guitar on this version is so powerful and full of emotion - chills every time:cheesy:
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

Willard1979

Everytime I hear the ACL version of War Begun, at the 2:50 mark, i get  the goosebumps. His "Whoa Ya" just sounds so awesome.  :shocked:

sweatboard

Every second of I Needed It Most
There's Still Time.........

Fully

When Jim starts stroking his guitar neck on IWSYS. I feel dirty in a good way when I watch him do that. Even just listening, I know what he's doing.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on Feb 23, 2013, 06:51 AM
When Jim starts stroking his guitar neck on IWSYS. I feel dirty in a good way when I watch him do that. Even just listening, I know what he's doing.
Normally, when some guy is stroking the neck of his instrument, I'd turn away. However...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Crispy

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

sweatboard

God, I remeber that....I was all like...FUCK YEAAAH!!

sweatboard

manonthemoon

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Feb 24, 2013, 02:06 PM
the good old days

My Morning Jacket

+10000, after seeing this online after seeing the guys on ACL in 06 I was dammed determined to see them live asap. 
Alive or Just Breathing

Devil Ledbetter

The whispered damnnn in the intro to Anytime.

I'm ready when you... at the start of Hopefully.

And the Fantasia sequence set to Dondante.
We understand it's the '90s.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Devil Ledbetter on Feb 25, 2013, 09:48 PM
The whispered damnnn in the intro to Anytime.

I'm ready when you... at the start of Hopefully.

And the Fantasia sequence set to Dondante.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Especially the 'damn' part

"Ready when you" reminds me of Pink Floyd for some reason
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Lebowski

Oh Shit Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!!!!!!!!! (Okonokos preferably)

HardNightConformist

One In The Same's long high note by James is #1.

All of Dondante.

By My Car has its fair share too.