No Racial Boundary Lines, No Social Subdivisions

Started by EverythingChanges, Mar 26, 2013, 01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverythingChanges

Today, Facebook is being taken by storm with this picture to symbolize equality.

Show your support by changing your profile pic on FB, and listening to My Morning Jacket preach it!

"It's all the same, we're tired of waiting, come on then
And dedicate your love to any woman or man
No racial boundary lines, no social subdivisions
If you want it, you can"

My Morning Jacket - Benicassim 08 "Evil Urges"
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

e_wind

this is a guy I know from highschool's instagram post yesterday. this dude is a nut, clearly. when I had an FB he used to always say the dumbest shit in support of romney. this post is just so fucking dumb that I can't think of a response that would be warranted. I just needed some other people to share this bafflement with.

DAMMIT the picture wont work.... its the same as the red equal sign picture, but instead of the two red lines its two red assault rifles. and the dude posted "if gays want to get married and get a tax break, thats cool. but dont be a hypocrite and try to take away our guns. don't want one, don't get one. it works both ways."
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 27, 2013, 03:41 PM
this is a guy I know from highschool's instagram post yesterday. this dude is a nut, clearly. when I had an FB he used to always say the dumbest shit in support of romney. this post is just so fucking dumb that I can't think of a response that would be warranted. I just needed some other people to share this bafflement with.

DAMMIT the picture wont work.... its the same as the red equal sign picture, but instead of the two red lines its two red assault rifles. and the dude posted "if gays want to get married and get a tax break, thats cool. but dont be a hypocrite and try to take away our guns. don't want one, don't get one. it works both ways."

That doesn't even make sense! Gays aren't trying to take away guns... People are ridiculous. 

There was a guy on my Facebook who posted this:

"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." Leviticus 20:13

Who the fuck posts hateful things like that and thinks it's okay?

MrWhippy

For those who haven't seen/heard it, check out Jim's speech at the end of "I Will Be There When You Die" from Port Chester, calling for a new era of, peace, love, acceptance, and equality.

My Morning Jacket - 'I Will Be There When You Die' [HD] Concert 12.29.12 Port Chester New York

Dillsnufus, I would have posted your vid, but the speech is cut off.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: MrWhippy on Mar 27, 2013, 07:11 PM
For those who haven't seen/heard it, check out Jim's speech at the end of "I Will Be There When You Die" from Port Chester, calling for a new era of, peace, love, acceptance, and equality.

My Morning Jacket - 'I Will Be There When You Die' [HD] Concert 12.29.12 Port Chester New York

Dillsnufus, I would have posted your vid, but the speech is cut off.

Thanks for this! I hadn't heard this bit yet. 

touchingmept2

"As long as you keep a straight face" @2:55, Jim almost let loose! :grin:
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.