Main Menu

Jake Bugg

Started by capt. scotty, Apr 10, 2013, 09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Heard of him last year with his EP which I liked (all 4 songs on the new album), seems like he made a name for himself with his single Two Fingers last year and is getting a decent amount of buzz (its in Amazon's top 100 right now, has a 79 on metacritic). Pretty sure he's fairly big in England already.

Debut album came out yesterday. Ive only given it a few listens, but its really good. Hard to pick out favorite songs, but these ones were some that stood out. Not a bad song on there. Craziest thing is the kid just turned 19. People getting compared to Bob Dylan happens too often, but there's a few things that remind me of Dylan with Bugg and I dont think its a bad one here. I think this is just the tip of the iceberg for him, very interested to see where his music goes.

http://youtu.be/-PCjnDLS1ro

http://youtu.be/xXnIMKceHkk

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 10, 2013, 09:25 PM
I think this is just the tip of the iceberg for him, very interested to see where his music goes.

So has the forum still not really listened to Bugg yet or just not into his music? No replies in this thread. He actually released another album last year in November that I had no clue about until just a week or 2 before it was released. His S/T debut was one of my most listened to and favorite albums from 2013, but Im pleasantly shocked to say his new one is even better I think. A more cohesive album with better flow and more musical depth. What also makes it better in my opinion and is a hard thing to do, is that it gets better/stronger from beginning to end. The first few songs might be the most accessible, catchy, single worthy songs, but I think it really takes off from track 4 on. Id say he already has grown more as a songwriter as well.

I think both of his albums are probably in my top 10 from last year. Quite impressive.

http://youtu.be/wFpx_T6G8Lo
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

johnnYYac

Scotty, most of the people that would have replied to a thread like this in the past are spending their time on Facebook groups these days.  Things around here might pick up once MMJ is more active with the new album and tour. Even OBH isn't bringing folks back; there are Facebook groups for that, too.

Edit: I was gonna invite you to the FB group to which so many have flocked, but see you're already a member of the group, so you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Penny Lane

Ewind did this for album if the week in a FB group we have. I like it, only I have a hard time digesting this type of music from someone so young. I know that sounds weird. Great songwriting. I know Dylan and most if the greats were young, but different times.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill