College Football 2013

Started by Tracy 2112, Apr 15, 2013, 01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon T.

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 04, 2013, 12:49 PM
Quote from: Jon T. on Sep 04, 2013, 11:46 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 03, 2013, 11:51 PM
Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 03, 2013, 08:16 PM
Clearly, Johnny Fuckup really learned his lesson from having to sit a whole half for his discretions...  I really wish someone would just cold cock that cocky SOB!  I mean the whole taunting that dude from Rice with his autograph thing?  And then blowing off his coach on the sideline after he was flagged for it?  If there is anyone that is in need of a good old fashioned ass kicking, it is Johnny Manziel...
:grin: He was being taunted all game by Rice and they were doing the signature stuff to him first.  I loved him doing the cash thing as a huge FU to the NCAA.  They had no actual proof and besides, that same memorabilia dealer had signed Jadaveon Clowney, Braxton Miller, and Teddy Bridgewater stuff for sale as well.  Of course those three just donated their signatures :grin:  He's gonna get cheapshotted all season and that may be a problem but I think it's refreshing.

EDIT:  I agree with you about him blowing off Sumlin.  It didn't look good but I just think he's a fiery dude who feels taken advantage of by everyone around him and is just pissed off. 

I'll say this over and over but it's amusing how sports fans get so outraged over things the media creates.  You build him up, make him a hero, then create controversy to make the story even bigger.  The formula works every time and the only victims are the unpaid players.  I don't feel as bad for professional athletes subjected to this but it's just sick and twisted.  I'll just keep watching the games. 

Go Illini football! :grin: :grin: :grin:

I didn't like that cocksucker last year, before it was cool to not like that cocksucker.  :cool:
Are you brewing Miller Lite again as well sportster?

Fuckin' A, bro

Ruckus

Quote from: Jon T. on Sep 04, 2013, 12:58 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 04, 2013, 12:49 PM
Quote from: Jon T. on Sep 04, 2013, 11:46 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 03, 2013, 11:51 PM
Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 03, 2013, 08:16 PM
Clearly, Johnny Fuckup really learned his lesson from having to sit a whole half for his discretions...  I really wish someone would just cold cock that cocky SOB!  I mean the whole taunting that dude from Rice with his autograph thing?  And then blowing off his coach on the sideline after he was flagged for it?  If there is anyone that is in need of a good old fashioned ass kicking, it is Johnny Manziel...
:grin: He was being taunted all game by Rice and they were doing the signature stuff to him first.  I loved him doing the cash thing as a huge FU to the NCAA.  They had no actual proof and besides, that same memorabilia dealer had signed Jadaveon Clowney, Braxton Miller, and Teddy Bridgewater stuff for sale as well.  Of course those three just donated their signatures :grin:  He's gonna get cheapshotted all season and that may be a problem but I think it's refreshing.

EDIT:  I agree with you about him blowing off Sumlin.  It didn't look good but I just think he's a fiery dude who feels taken advantage of by everyone around him and is just pissed off. 

I'll say this over and over but it's amusing how sports fans get so outraged over things the media creates.  You build him up, make him a hero, then create controversy to make the story even bigger.  The formula works every time and the only victims are the unpaid players.  I don't feel as bad for professional athletes subjected to this but it's just sick and twisted.  I'll just keep watching the games. 

Go Illini football! :grin: :grin: :grin:

I didn't like that cocksucker last year, before it was cool to not like that cocksucker.  :cool:
Are you brewing Miller Lite again as well sportster?

Fuckin' A, bro

Heavens to Betsy, well I'll be...You must have used both Euro and American sizing
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

manonthemoon

Manziel brings all of this on himself by the way he acts like the spoiled brat.  Basically he seems like he is a priviliged child who has never been told no by anyone and will be in for a rude awakening if he tries to play pro ball.  I think he will be one of the biggest busts ever if he tries to leave college station after this season for the pros as his style of play will not translate IMO.  I really had no opinion of him until this offseason and it just seems like it is one story after another about his antics.  Granted that can be the medias fault, but at the same time its not like he tries to stay out of the spotlight like other high profile college players.
Alive or Just Breathing

davymac

I don't understand why people talk about Manziel so much, TAM scored more points the first half without him and he's going to get his shit rocked in a couple of weeks against Alabama.  ESPN needs to find something else to talk about.  I predict a subpar sophomore year

Ruckus

Quote from: davymac on Sep 04, 2013, 09:47 PM
I don't understand why people talk about Manziel so much, TAM scored more points the first half without him and he's going to get his shit rocked in a couple of weeks against Alabama.
:grin:  C'mon man.  I won't even comment on your supporting fact from the Rice game. Besides the fact that his behavior somehow gets people riled up, there was that part where he led A&M in their first year in the SEC as a redshirt freshman qb to a crappy season where he essentially single handedly beat Alabama in Alabama.  I just find him to be the most exciting player in college football and love watching him.  And if he gets his shit rocked by Alabama, oh well.  They only start 22 4 and 5 star recruits, no biggie.  Then there's this resume from last year.

Full-season awards and nominations

2012 Heisman Trophy winner (first freshman to win)[31]
    2012 Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award winner (first freshman to win)[32]
    2012 Manning Award winner (first freshman to win)[5]
    2012 First-team All-American by:

◦ Associated Press[33]
    ◦ Football Writers Association of America[34]
    ◦ Walter Camp Football Foundation[35]
    ◦ Sporting News[36]
    ◦ ESPN[37]
    ◦ CBS Sports[38]
    ◦ Scout.com[39]
    ◦ Sports Illustrated[40]

2012 Sporting News College Football Player of the Year [41]
    2012 SEC Offensive Player of the Year[42]
    2012 SEC Freshman of the Year[42]
    2012 All-SEC First-Team Quarterback[42]
    2013 Cotton Bowl Classic - Offensive MVP[43]
    2012 ESPN.com All-Bowl Team[44]
    Finalist, Maxwell Award[45]
    Finalist, Walter Camp Player of the Year[46]

Weekly awards

2-time Walter Camp National Offensive Player of the Week[47]
    3-time AT&T All-America Player of the Week[48]
    3-time SEC Offensive Player of the Week[49]
    9-time SEC Freshman of the Week[49]

NCAA records & notes

FBS Freshman record: rushing yards by a quarterback, season (1,343)[5]
    FBS Freshman record: total offense, season (5,116)[5]
    Most games with 300+ passing yards and 100+ rushing yards, career (3)[5]
    FBS record: First Freshman (and 5th player ever) in FBS history with 3,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards, season[5]
    FBS record: Rushing yards by a Quarterback in a Bowl Game (229 yards)[5]
    Second freshman in FBS history to rush for 1,000 yards and pass for 2,000 yards[5]
    First Freshman to win the Heisman Trophy[5]
    First Freshman to win the Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award[5]
    First Freshman to win the Manning Award[5]
    Only the 4th player to have 20 Passing TD's & 20 Rushing TD's, season

SEC records & notes

Most yards total offense, game (576, breaking Archie Manning's 1969 record of 540 yards, and his own record of 557 set two weeks earlier)[50]
    Most yards total offense, season (5,116, breaking Cam Newton's 2010 record in two fewer games)
    Most yards total offense, game average (383.3, breaking Tim Couch's 1998 record, of 377.4 yards)
    Highest yards per play average (50 plays minimum), game (10.71, against Arkansas on September 29, 2012, breaking Steve Tanneyhill's record of 10.0 yards)
    First SEC quarterback to pass for 3,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards in one season

Texas A&M records & notes

Record for total yards in a season with 5,116.
    Record for passing yards in a game with 453 against Arkansas on September 29, 2012.
    Record for yards total offense in a game with 576 against Louisiana Tech on October 13, 2012. Broke his previous record of 557 set 2 weeks prior.
    In 10 games, Manziel had 4 of the top 10 games in total offense in Texas A&M history.
    Logged 10 straight games with 300 or more total yards.
    The Third A&M quarterback to surpass 3,000 passing yards in a season.
    The 2nd Most Passing Yards in a Single Season.
    The Most Rushing TD's in a Single Season.
    The 3rd Most Passing TD's in a Single Season.
    Tied for 7th Career Passing TD's.
    Tied for 13th Career Rushing TD's.
    10th in School Career Passing Yards.
    20th in School Career Rushing Yards.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 05, 2013, 12:36 AM
Quote from: davymac on Sep 04, 2013, 09:47 PM
I don't understand why people talk about Manziel so much, TAM scored more points the first half without him and he's going to get his shit rocked in a couple of weeks against Alabama.
:grin:  C'mon man.  I won't even comment on your supporting fact from the Rice game. Besides the fact that his behavior somehow gets people riled up, there was that part where he led A&M in their first year in the SEC as a redshirt freshman qb to a crappy season where he essentially single handedly beat Alabama in Alabama.  I just find him to be the most exciting player in college football and love watching him.  And if he gets his shit rocked by Alabama, oh well.  They only start 22 4 and 5 star recruits, no biggie.  Then there's this resume from last year.

Full-season awards and nominations

2012 Heisman Trophy winner (first freshman to win)[31]
    2012 Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award winner (first freshman to win)[32]
    2012 Manning Award winner (first freshman to win)[5]
    2012 First-team All-American by:

◦ Associated Press[33]
    ◦ Football Writers Association of America[34]
    ◦ Walter Camp Football Foundation[35]
    ◦ Sporting News[36]
    ◦ ESPN[37]
    ◦ CBS Sports[38]
    ◦ Scout.com[39]
    ◦ Sports Illustrated[40]

2012 Sporting News College Football Player of the Year [41]
    2012 SEC Offensive Player of the Year[42]
    2012 SEC Freshman of the Year[42]
    2012 All-SEC First-Team Quarterback[42]
    2013 Cotton Bowl Classic - Offensive MVP[43]
    2012 ESPN.com All-Bowl Team[44]
    Finalist, Maxwell Award[45]
    Finalist, Walter Camp Player of the Year[46]

Weekly awards

2-time Walter Camp National Offensive Player of the Week[47]
    3-time AT&T All-America Player of the Week[48]
    3-time SEC Offensive Player of the Week[49]
    9-time SEC Freshman of the Week[49]

NCAA records & notes

FBS Freshman record: rushing yards by a quarterback, season (1,343)[5]
    FBS Freshman record: total offense, season (5,116)[5]
    Most games with 300+ passing yards and 100+ rushing yards, career (3)[5]
    FBS record: First Freshman (and 5th player ever) in FBS history with 3,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards, season[5]
    FBS record: Rushing yards by a Quarterback in a Bowl Game (229 yards)[5]
    Second freshman in FBS history to rush for 1,000 yards and pass for 2,000 yards[5]
    First Freshman to win the Heisman Trophy[5]
    First Freshman to win the Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award[5]
    First Freshman to win the Manning Award[5]
    Only the 4th player to have 20 Passing TD's & 20 Rushing TD's, season

SEC records & notes

Most yards total offense, game (576, breaking Archie Manning's 1969 record of 540 yards, and his own record of 557 set two weeks earlier)[50]
    Most yards total offense, season (5,116, breaking Cam Newton's 2010 record in two fewer games)
    Most yards total offense, game average (383.3, breaking Tim Couch's 1998 record, of 377.4 yards)
    Highest yards per play average (50 plays minimum), game (10.71, against Arkansas on September 29, 2012, breaking Steve Tanneyhill's record of 10.0 yards)
    First SEC quarterback to pass for 3,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards in one season

Texas A&M records & notes

Record for total yards in a season with 5,116.
    Record for passing yards in a game with 453 against Arkansas on September 29, 2012.
    Record for yards total offense in a game with 576 against Louisiana Tech on October 13, 2012. Broke his previous record of 557 set 2 weeks prior.
    In 10 games, Manziel had 4 of the top 10 games in total offense in Texas A&M history.
    Logged 10 straight games with 300 or more total yards.
    The Third A&M quarterback to surpass 3,000 passing yards in a season.
    The 2nd Most Passing Yards in a Single Season.
    The Most Rushing TD's in a Single Season.
    The 3rd Most Passing TD's in a Single Season.
    Tied for 7th Career Passing TD's.
    Tied for 13th Career Rushing TD's.
    10th in School Career Passing Yards.
    20th in School Career Rushing Yards.

I could probably put up a bunch of stats about how much money Justin Bieber makes or how many albums he sells.  Does that make me like him any more?  Nope.  He's still a douche just like Johnny Fuckup...  :beer:

TheBigChicken

damn Ruckus are you the JM fan club president :huh:...or is this just a passing phase :undecided:
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Tracy 2112

when I was 20, I used to talk smack b/c I was a drum roadie for a friend of mine who was in a cover band that played at least 3 Bachman-Turner Overdrive songs. So, I'll cut Johnny Me some slack for feeling special.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 04, 2013, 12:18 PM

How can someone bother you this much who doesn't even know you exist?

So, I can't have an opinion on someone if they don't know I exist?  Got it...  :rolleyes:

Tracy 2112

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 05, 2013, 10:49 AM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 04, 2013, 12:18 PM

How can someone bother you this much who doesn't even know you exist?

So, I can't have an opinion on someone if they don't know I exist?  Got it...  :rolleyes:

Opinion? Yes. Get your panties in such a wad that you could create another planet? meh

Jon T.

I don't know how any of you can cheer for something like this.

PS- pretty sure he's a pederast too.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Jon T. on Sep 05, 2013, 11:24 AM

Exactly! Plus, what the fuck kind of an autograph are you getting when he is signing under those circumstances? It's a lose-lose-lose  situation where everyone loses everything a lot.

(well played; razor sharp)

Tracy 2112

I will be surprised if A & M beats Bama. Saban is a master at picking apart opponents in BCS title games when he has a month to prepare, but he's been sleeping on this for a year now. Although, Bama didn't look dominating over VaTech and anything can happen. Takes a lot for me to root for Saban and Bama and I am still on the fence with this one. probably a game time decision for me.

Ruckus

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 05, 2013, 10:43 AM

I could probably put up a bunch of stats about how much money Justin Bieber makes or how many albums he sells.  Does that make me like him any more?  Nope.  He's still a douche just like Johnny Fuckup...  :beer:

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Sep 05, 2013, 10:45 AM
damn Ruckus are you the JM fan club president :huh:...or is this just a passing phase :undecided:

I totally get how he is a divisive personality in the SEC is bigger than life world and people get all riled up.  What I don't understand is how intense the love or hatred is.  He's a person playing football and I'd probably have a great time at him at an NBA game, Pebble, and the strip club, just not the Drake show.  The way people reflect their personal politics and mores in such black and white terms over a person you don't know is hilarious!

I'll never forget the time the light went on in my wife's head over why men loved sports so much.  I was explaining how it fulfills our need to have drama (the same drama we mock women for being so engrossed in) under the veil of athletic competition.  I'm talking in broad strokes here so no need for feminists to get their jock strap in a bunch. (see what I didn't do there?)

Love and hate him and we'll wonder why every A&M game will be nationally televised and garner ridiculous ratings.  Then again I typically defend the guy who's getting ripped apart by a bunch of angry, couch surfers.

Ruckus

Question for all you SEC'ers.  Jon T - Florida?  scosby - bama, davymac - georgia, tracy - ole miss, brooke - auburn, chicken?  If A&M were playing Ohio State in the national title game next January, who will you root for?

Ruckus

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 05, 2013, 11:43 AM
Quote from: Jon T. on Sep 05, 2013, 11:24 AM

Exactly! Plus, what the fuck kind of an autograph are you getting when he is signing under those circumstances? It's a lose-lose-lose  situation where everyone loses everything a lot.

(well played; razor sharp)
Dear Bobby,
The ice cream man will be at your house at 6pm. 

Jon T.

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 05, 2013, 01:27 PM
Question for all you SEC'ers.  Jon T - Florida?  scosby - bama, davymac - georgia, tracy - ole miss, brooke - auburn, chicken?  If A&M were playing Ohio State in the national title game next January, who will you root for?

Ohio State easily for me.  I'm not an SEC guy though.  If I were a Gator, I'm sure I'd feel much differently.  I'm a Florida State guy from the mighty ACC.

Tracy 2112

Fuck Ohio State, oh wait, fuck the Big 10 and the Big 12 and the ACC and the Pac 10 or 12 or whatever and Notre Dame 3x.

Now, after that, fuck Mississippi State, Auburn, Alabama, Johnny Me (but not A&M) and Tennessee. Oh, and since junior may be lurking in on this conversation, fuck Mizzou (but not really).

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 05, 2013, 01:21 PM
I'll never forget the time the light went on in my wife's head over why men loved sports so much.  I was explaining how it fulfills our need to have drama (the same drama we mock women for being so engrossed in) under the veil of athletic competition.  I'm talking in broad strokes here so no need for feminists to get their jock strap in a bunch. (see what I didn't do there?)

yep, we are both brilliant cuz I hipped my wife to the same. ESPN is masterful at making this a 24-7 drama. So, what's wrong with Jadavean Clowney? Is he out of shape? Hurt? Soft? Will that 1 game effect his NFL draft status? Will he show up against Georgia? How will his lack of effort against NC effect the ways the ol' ball coach deals with him against Georgia? Is he overrated? Is he underrated?

BH

You forgot BH-Mizzou.

I noticed the Illini have some votes in the polls.    Can they compete this year?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.