College Football 2013

Started by Tracy 2112, Apr 15, 2013, 01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

br00ke

as for the illegal recruitment / cheating, i think EVERYONE does it. the only difference is to what degree and getting caught. i think the bigger football program a school has, the more of that you'll find. also, just b/c i think everyone does it, doesn't mean i condone or agree with it.

reminds me a bit of when the ravens went to the super bowl last year and everyone was all they have a killer on their team, how could anyone pull for that team. i remember particularly some that said that were patriots fans. then we have aaron hernandez. oh and michael vic of course, though now he's been forgiven apparently. obviously none of this in no way is the same thing at all, i just think it's silly to think everyone's team is full of boy scouts ... coaching & staff included.

Crispy

Quote from: br00ke on Oct 22, 2013, 07:41 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Oct 21, 2013, 05:36 PM
And if you try to talk to brooke about football games that occur in other conferences, you'll be rewarded with a blank stare that says, "there are other football games besides those in the SEC?"   :wink:

that's only partially true. i like watching oregon as well as OSU, texas, and TCU when they are good. oh and i always enjoy a michigan / michigan st. rivalry game.

it's not the SEC's fault they play the best ball :wink:

:thumbsup:  It is too the SEC's fault, they get all the best players!

BH, count me as one of those who also thought Mizzou would have a hard time in the SEC, although I didn't say it out loud so much. So why in the hell weren't you guys tearing up the Big 12 this whole time if you're so awesome?  :wink:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

iLikeBeer

that's only partially true. i like watching oregon as well as OSU, texas, and TCU when they are good. oh and i always enjoy a michigan / michigan st. rivalry game.

Please tell me the OSU your are referring to is Okie State or Oregon State and not Ohio State...  :tongue:   :wink:

And the State of Michigan rivalry is coming up a week from Saturday!   :thumbsup:   :beer:

Crispy

Oh! I automatically figured she meant Oklahoma State!  :wink:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

br00ke

BH

Quote from: Crispy on Oct 22, 2013, 09:41 AM
And if you try to talk to brooke about football games that occur in other conferences, you'll be rewarded with a blank stare that says, "there are other football games besides those in the SEC?"   :wink:

BH, count me as one of those who also thought Mizzou would have a hard time in the SEC, although I didn't say it out loud so much. So why in the hell weren't you guys tearing up the Big 12 this whole time if you're so awesome?  :wink:

Well my point all along was that we could compete like we competed in the Big 12.   We had good years, more bad years and a couple great years.    Under Pinkel we have had mostly good years.    Last year was just a down year which we would have had in the Big 12 as well.    Also, I don't think we are the 5th best team in the country.   We will probably come back down to earth.  If we make it to the SEC championship game I have no illusions that we will beat Alabama.   Again, I just knew we could have good years once in awhile in the SEC just like we did in the Big 12.     We WERE one game away from the National Championship before OU showed us who was still boss.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

Quote from: BH on Oct 22, 2013, 05:03 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Oct 22, 2013, 09:41 AM

Well my point all along was that we could compete like we competed in the Big 12.   We had good years, more bad years and a couple great years.    Under Pinkel we have had mostly good years.    Last year was just a down year which we would have had in the Big 12 as well.    Also, I don't think we are the 5th best team in the country.   We will probably come back down to earth.  If we make it to the SEC championship game I have no illusions that we will beat Alabama.   Again, I just knew we could have good years once in awhile in the SEC just like we did in the Big 12.     We WERE one game away from the National Championship before OU showed us who was still boss.

You are being far too realistic here, man.  :wink:  Sounds much like I did a couple years ago when OSU was tearing it up, and Iowa State(!) reminded who we were.

Mahgeetah34

Quote from: BH on Oct 21, 2013, 06:05 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Oct 21, 2013, 02:11 PM
Here you go BH

Mizzou Student Section Gator Chomp

Nice!   I'm  still waiting on Mahgeetah34 to say he was wrong about our ability to compete in the SEC.    :smiley:

Good evening! Well I must say that Missouri snuck up out of nowhere. The SEC is really down this year and it's disappointing. No defense, Georgia plagued with injuries while LSU, South Carolina and Florida are overrated (even prior to recent losses). I'm pulling for a Missouri or even Oregon upset of Alabama (Texas A&M would've had it if they just had a decent defense).

br00ke

sooooo .. oregon's insane loss to stanford  :shocked: i didn't get to watch the game, but when i got out of the deer tick show, i immediately checked the final score and was blown away. i wonder what the rankings will look like after tomorrow. also, i'm realllly hoping LSU can put up a good fight, please don't let it be a blowout.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: br00ke on Nov 08, 2013, 02:57 PM
sooooo .. oregon's insane loss to stanford  :shocked: i didn't get to watch the game, but when i got out of the deer tick show, i immediately checked the final score and was blown away. i wonder what the rankings will look like after tomorrow. also, i'm realllly hoping LSU can put up a good fight, please don't let it be a blowout.

I watched most of that game and all I have to say is how in the hell did Stanford lose to freaking Utah?  Whatever the reason, the Cardinal certainly have the blueprint for beating the Ducks!  That game was 26-0 at one point before Oregon got a couple of lucky plays that made the final score look a bit more respectable than it actually was.  One was a blocked fg that would have put Stanford up 29-6, but instead Oregon returned it for a td to make it 26-13.  Then the Ducks recovered an onside kick and drove for another td to make it 26-20.  But their luck ran out as they failed on their 2nd onside kick and Stanford was able to run out the clock...

br00ke

So yeah, how about that GA @ AU game !!!?!!?! I totally lost my shit in a bar over this one .. accidentally whacking a guy on the head and screaming WAR EAGLE !!!

Miracle Catch! (HD) Auburn Game Winning TD vs Georgia

ItBeats4Jew

Quote from: br00ke on Nov 18, 2013, 04:27 PM
So yeah, how about that GA @ AU game !!!?!!?! I totally lost my shit in a bar over this one .. accidentally whacking a guy on the head and screaming WAR EAGLE !!!

that was so insane, and almost as crazy was the fact that Georgia put themselves in a position to win it in 3 plays w/ 25 seconds to go!  that finish reminded me of that wild Kentucky/LSU game a few years back. 
what Madonna said really helped

davymac

Quote from: ItBeats4Jew on Nov 18, 2013, 06:12 PM
Quote from: br00ke on Nov 18, 2013, 04:27 PM

that was so insane, and almost as crazy was the fact that Georgia put themselves in a position to win it in 3 plays w/ 25 seconds to go!  that finish reminded me of that wild Kentucky/LSU game a few years back.

We didn't deserve to win that game, but damn we had it WON!!! You are welcome Auburn, lucky bastards!

br00ke

slow day in college ball today, but there are still some goodies with Baylor @ OKC .. also Mizzou @ Ole Miss might be worth a watch as well as A&M @ LSU. mostly i am just focused on next weekend, IRON BOWL !!!

Crispy

Quote from: br00ke on Nov 23, 2013, 10:03 AM
slow day in college ball today, but there are still some goodies with Baylor @ OKC .. also Mizzou @ Ole Miss might be worth a watch as well as A&M @ LSU. mostly i am just focused on next weekend, IRON BOWL !!!

Brooke! OKC?

:wink:

scosby2

Brooke, you should be cheering so hard right now for oks you don't even know...you need Baylor to lose!!!!!

Y'all got any disco ball back there?

Crispy

Quote from: scosby2 on Nov 23, 2013, 08:34 PM
Brooke, you should be cheering so hard right now for okc you don't even know...you need Baylor to lose!!!!!

Go Thunders!

scosby2

Quote from: Crispy on Nov 23, 2013, 09:58 PM
Brooke, you should be cheering so hard right now for okc you don't even know...you need Baylor to lose!!!!!

Go Thunders!

You bastard

Crispy

Quote from: scosby2 on Nov 23, 2013, 11:06 PM

Quote from: Crispy on Nov 23, 2013, 09:58 PM

Go Thunders!

You bastard

:grin: :grin: :grin:

br00ke

oh yeah .. OKS, that's what I meant.

so, baylor lost and AP polls have Auburn in at #4. not that it means anything, but goddamn am i excited. today i made the decision to go balls deep and watch next week's game at the NYC Auburn alumni bar. i went there once for the 2010 SEC championship and it.was.crazy. there was a pitiful little tree out front barely taller than me and they still rolled it.