College Football 2013

Started by Tracy 2112, Apr 15, 2013, 01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Rootin' hard for your MIZZOU BH
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

davymac

br00ke

wow wow wow WOW !!!! i'm experiencing some serious after glow. i love everyone and everything!

WAR EAGLE !!!!!!!!!!

BH

OK soooo I guess don't fear the MU defense.    :embarrassed:

I swear they were good right up to game time.   
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

manonthemoon

Yeah the SEC title game didn't show any signs of defense being played.  Oh how times have changed.
Alive or Just Breathing

capt. scotty

The way Auburn ripped thru Mizzou I probably give them a better chance of beating FSU than I would have a week ago, but every starter for FSU is supposedly a NFL prospect and Ive heard it called the most loaded team since 2001 Miami so Im still having a hard time seeing the Noles lose with a month of preparation.

What a weird game MSU-Ohio St was. Sparty goes up 17-0 and OSU cant do anything on offense, then Braxton looked unstoppable and got them up 24-17 with MSU doing next to nothing on offense, and then when it looked like MSU had no answer for Miller, he cant do anything and MSU scores 17 straight to win 34-24. When OSU made their comeback/run/took the lead, I thought no way they were losing that game. Im glad they did though!  :grin:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MOWJO8185

I've wanted the SEC streak to end for awhile - and yet, I find myself drawn to rooting for Auburn this year.  Maybe I just love the underdog.

br00ke

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Dec 11, 2013, 05:17 PM
I've wanted the SEC streak to end for awhile - and yet, I find myself drawn to rooting for Auburn this year.  Maybe I just love the underdog.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: it is an exciting season / good story .. even for non-fans.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Mr. White on Dec 29, 2013, 04:43 PM
Louisville kicked Miami's ass 36 to 9 last night in their second of back-to-back bowl victories (last year over #4 Florida). Louisville should have played someone a little better.

They didn't play anyone all year; why start now?

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Mr. White on Dec 30, 2013, 11:51 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 30, 2013, 11:18 AM
Louisville kicked Miami's ass 36 to 9 last night in their second of back-to-back bowl victories (last year over #4 Florida). Louisville should have played someone a little better.

I guess because they were still ranked #18 in the nation before the game on Saturday, their QB is probably the best in the nation right now and is predicted by some to go #1 in the NFL draft, and why not let them show what kind of talent they have against another top ranked team (like they did when they crushed #4 Florida last year in the Sugar Bowl), that's why.

I mean, Hell! They fucked Florida up pretty bad last year, and they destroyed bullshit Miami this year. So, I guess it is "a given" that the people in charge of assigning teams that will go up against each other in these bowl games don't really know what the fuck they are doing. Plus, the dumb-ass book-makers in Las Vegas (or where ever those "degenerate gamblers" hang out) got it completely wrong. They predicted a 3 point win for Miami over Louisville. Hell, Louisville could have easily been in the 40's instead of just 36 against Miami (who were just lucky to have gotten their one touchdown). They took a knee at the end when they were about to score another touchdown.

Your opponent's were a combined 54-80 and the only ranked team you played all year you lost to (UCF). Winning a bowl game doesn't mean jack when you don't play anyone all year, IMO.

Louisville would be lucky to have a winning record in the SEC.

Play somebody.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Mr. White on Dec 31, 2013, 01:46 AM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 31, 2013, 12:56 AM

I guess because they were still ranked #18 in the nation before the game on Saturday, their QB is probably the best in the nation right now and is predicted by some to go #1 in the NFL draft, and why not let them show what kind of talent they have against another top ranked team (like they did when they crushed #4 Florida last year in the Sugar Bowl), that's why.

I mean, Hell! They fucked Florida up pretty bad last year, and they destroyed bullshit Miami this year. So, I guess it is "a given" that the people in charge of assigning teams that will go up against each other in these bowl games don't really know what the fuck they are doing. Plus, the dumb-ass book-makers in Las Vegas (or where ever those "degenerate gamblers" hang out) got it completely wrong. They predicted a 3 point win for Miami over Louisville. Hell, Louisville could have easily been in the 40's instead of just 36 against Miami (who were just lucky to have gotten their one touchdown). They took a knee at the end when they were about to score another touchdown.

Your opponent's were a combined 54-80 and the only ranked team you played all year you lost to (UCF). Winning a bowl game doesn't mean jack when you don't play anyone all year, IMO.

Play somebody.

I'm not sure I understand your logic on this one. On the one hand, you say "Winning a bowl game doesn't mean jack when you don't play anyone all year, IMO", but you also say, "Play somebody" and that "Louisville would be lucky to have a winning record in the SEC".

I am pretty sure Florida is in the SEC, and yes, it was only one game (one bowl game), but isn't that one of the major measuring devices college football uses...the end of the year bowl games...?...?...?

Yes, Louisville did lose one game this year to the only top 25 team we played (UCF), but does that mean we couldn't possibly win against any other top 25 teams (on any given Saturday)? All I was saying was to give the team a chance. By allowing us to play another top 25 team in the end of the year bowl games would have only been fair (and it would have done something to prove to those who don't think we have a chance that we do).

But you are probably right. The SEC is the "end-all" and the "be-all" when it comes to college football. The rest of the teams should just change their majors to journalism or something a little less competitive. After all, unless you have been tried in the crucible that is the SEC, you ain't shit!

Oh, did I mention we kicked SEC powerhouse Florida's ass last year with basically the same lineup that we played with this year (and after doing some reading, they were actually #3 in the nation at the time instead of #4 like I had posted earlier). But, like you said, "Winning a bowl game doesn't mean jack..." So, take that all you bowl hopefuls who don't happen to be in the anointed conferences. If you happen to win, it doesn't mean jack! The other team(s) were better than your best. They have proven it by playing harder teams (except for on the one day they may have gotten upset). I'm talking to you Texas Tech! Your victory just now over #14 Arizona State doesn't mean jack! You might as well just melt down that bullshit trophy and cash it in at the recycling plant, so you can buy yourselves a ticket to see an SEC game!

Louisville doesn't play anyone. You're hanging your hat on not playing anyone all year and upsetting a better team in a bowl game. Congratulations. You're STILL talking about the Sugar Bowl? :grin: SEC teams don't talk about a bowl win THE NEXT YEAR b/c they are playing top 20 opponents 5-6x a year! If Louisville went undefeated they wouldn't be ahead of a 1 or 2 loss SEC team for the BCS title. I am not making this up, it's just a fact. Louisville is in a suck ass conference and play suck ass out of conference teams. Period. I know it, the pollsters know it, you deny it. Your SOS is 71st in the nation! Again, put Auburn, Alabama, Texas A & M, Missouri and LSU on your schedule THEN talk. In the meantime, stick to basketball.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Mr. White on Dec 31, 2013, 12:28 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 31, 2013, 12:15 PM
Quote from: Mr. White on Dec 31, 2013, 01:46 AM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 31, 2013, 12:56 AM

Play somebody.

I'm not sure I understand your logic on this one. On the one hand, you say "Winning a bowl game doesn't mean jack when you don't play anyone all year, IMO", but you also say, "Play somebody" and that "Louisville would be lucky to have a winning record in the SEC".

I am pretty sure Florida is in the SEC, and yes, it was only one game (one bowl game), but isn't that one of the major measuring devices college football uses...the end of the year bowl games...?...?...?

Yes, Louisville did lose one game this year to the only top 25 team we played (UCF), but does that mean we couldn't possibly win against any other top 25 teams (on any given Saturday)? All I was saying was to give the team a chance. By allowing us to play another top 25 team in the end of the year bowl games would have only been fair (and it would have done something to prove to those who don't think we have a chance that we do).

But you are probably right. The SEC is the "end-all" and the "be-all" when it comes to college football. The rest of the teams should just change their majors to journalism or something a little less competitive. After all, unless you have been tried in the crucible that is the SEC, you ain't shit!

Oh, did I mention we kicked SEC powerhouse Florida's ass last year with basically the same lineup that we played with this year (and after doing some reading, they were actually #3 in the nation at the time instead of #4 like I had posted earlier). But, like you said, "Winning a bowl game doesn't mean jack..." So, take that all you bowl hopefuls who don't happen to be in the anointed conferences. If you happen to win, it doesn't mean jack! The other team(s) were better than your best. They have proven it by playing harder teams (except for on the one day they may have gotten upset). I'm talking to you Texas Tech! Your victory just now over #14 Arizona State doesn't mean jack! You might as well just melt down that bullshit trophy and cash it in at the recycling plant, so you can buy yourselves a ticket to see an SEC game!

Louisville doesn't play anyone. You're hanging your hat on not playing anyone all year and upsetting a better team in a bowl game. Congratulations. You're STILL talking about the Sugar Bowl? :grin: SEC teams don't talk about a bowl win THE NEXT YEAR b/c they are playing top 20 opponents 5-6x a year! If Louisville went undefeated they wouldn't be ahead of a 1 or 2 loss SEC team for the BCS title. I am not making this up, it's just a fact. Louisville is in a suck ass conference and play suck ass out of conference teams. Period. I know it, the pollsters know it, you deny it. Your SOS is 71st in the nation! Again, put Auburn, Alabama, Texas A & M, Missouri and LSU on your schedule THEN talk. In the meantime, stick to basketball.

No. Look, man. I totally agree with you now! Just re-read the ending of my last post on this, and you will see that I believe what you believe, and that is...All college football teams in The United States of America that do not play in the SEC suck dick!

Thank you.  :cool:

and for the record, Florida State is better than Auburn.

Ruckus

I mean, Hell! They messed Florida up pretty bad last year, and they destroyed Miami this year. So, I guess it is "a given" that the people in charge of assigning teams that will go up against each other in these bowl games don't really know what in the world they are doing. Plus, the dumb-ass book-makers in Las Vegas (or where ever those "degenerate gamblers" hang out) got it completely wrong. They predicted a 3 point win for Miami over Louisville. Louisville could have easily been in the 40's instead of just 36 against Miami (who were just lucky to have gotten their one touchdown). They took a knee at the end when they were about to score another touchdown.

Hey I'm one of those degenerate gamblers and I hang out a lot on my couch.  I'm sure you know this but Vegas' goal is not to be accurate but to get 50/50 play on both sides unless they know they got the public beat with a cute line.  I love Bridgewater.  He actually reminds me most in skill set to a poor man's Aaron Rodgers, a great thing!  But with your schedule this year, it's silly to make an argument for a better bowl.  I don't think anyone would question that Miami was not a good team this year and vastly over performed early in the season.  Really looking forward to see how the QB rankings shake out closer to draft time.  I'm now officially sold on Manziel as a viable NFL prospect and Bortles is looking solid against Baylor now on a big stage.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

Coach Strong with the Russell Athletic Bowl trophy

I think you meant to say Texas coach, Charlie Strong.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

So pumped for tonights game. Just hoping for a great game above all else.

I also still shocked OU beat Bama. I couldnt watch the whole game because of work, but once Bama started the 2nd half by cutting it to a 31-24 deficit, I figured here we go again and Bama wouldve rolled in the 2nd half. Kudos to OU.

Tracy 2112

br00ke

Ridiculously stoked for tonight's game and also hoping for a great game ... and an Auburn win, of course. me and a couple alabama native / auburn fans are going to watch at one of the auburn bars here in the city. i watched the iron bowl there and what fun it was, everyone was decked out in their AU gear, exchanged War Eagle's, high fives were flying, and everyone asking what part of 'Bama we were from.

ericm

Quote from: br00ke on Jan 06, 2014, 04:14 PM
Ridiculously stoked for tonight's game and also hoping for a great game ... and an Auburn win, of course. me and a couple alabama native / auburn fans are going to watch at one of the auburn bars here in the city. i watched the iron bowl there and what fun it was, everyone was decked out in their AU gear, exchanged War Eagle's, high fives were flying, and everyone asking what part of 'Bama we were from.

Good luck tonight Brooke! I'd be going back to that same bar tonight too. Hell, I'd probably wear the same clothes, and sit in the same spot!  :wink:  I'm down in Florida, and surrounded by mostly Gator fans, but there is a decent amount of Noles fans here too,so it should be pretty exciting watching the game at one of the local bars. Enjoy, and I hope Auburn still has some magic left.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

manonthemoon

Looking forward to the game tonight, no vested interest, but my brother in law is an AU alum.  I still think I would lay the 10 points and take FSU though, they have been the most consistent team on both sides of the ball all year and their closest game was 2 touchdowns, reminicent of the 1995 Huskers who I always considered the best team ever with 01 UM a close second.  Hopefully it'll be closer, but we shall see.
Alive or Just Breathing