The Tennessee Fire Live? [Request]

Started by PurpleMuleMan, May 01, 2013, 02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleMuleMan

Hello. I recently bought The Tennessee Fire on vinyl and was disappointed at the sound quality of it. Er, well I should say that the mp3 versions were unlistenable and the vinyl is tolerable. I realize that the songs are beyond AMAZING (like mind blowing), I just really dislike lo-fidelity recordings. So my request is (if it doesn't already exist) is a live version of all the songs on the album. Like maybe a best of that has been made throughout the years as those songs have been.

Also I would like it all on a singular download, as I am on a friends computer, and I am sure that he wouldn't be too happy if I downloaded 14 shows on his computer. Also, I would trade better soundvquality over an extra 4 minutes of guitar solo. Not saying I wouldn't like that extra 4 minutes, I'm just saying that if another version sounds better, that I would prefer. I would be greatly appreciative :)
[url="//www.last.fm/user/satanistrue2you"]www.last.fm/user/satanistrue2you[/url]

BH

Do you want fries with that?    :wink:   JK.

I love the lo-fi sound of TF.   That's what makes it special.   But I get what your saying.   There are lots of really great sounding shows from that era on archive.org thanks to a taper named Ger who we owe big time.    You can download one song at a time on most of these too I think.   Use this link for a summary.....

http://forum.mymorningjacket.com/index.php/topic,2117.0.html

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

For some reason the links seem to be all jacked up.   I'll fix them if I can but in the meantime, use this to find the shows from 2000/2001/2002

"http://archive.org/browse.php?collection=MyMorningJacket&field=year"
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Tracy 2112

War Begun from this 2004 at Cats Cradle. I saw them a couple of nights before in Knoxville, one of their first shows with Bo and Carl. I love the lo-fi recording quality of the taper

"http://archive.org/details/mmj2004-01-21"
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Dillsnufus

We were suppose to get a T5 Vinyl Box Set but that seems like it's never gonna happen  :cry:
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Fully

I was thinking about that this morning Dilsnufus. I wonder if they decided to wait until things slow down. I could see this being released as a 20th anniversary thing. I don't think it's coming anytime too soon if ever.

davymac

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on May 01, 2013, 06:33 PM
War Begun from this 2004 at Cats Cradle. I saw them a couple of nights before in Knoxville, one of their first shows with Bo and Carl. I love the lo-fi recording quality of the taper

I downloaded this show, but this is the first time I have encountered a "shn" file.  Does anyone have a good audio converter for Mac that can convert shn to mp3 or AIFF?  The audio converter I've been using doesn't seem to like shn...

AMightyCaporal

Quote from: davymac on May 01, 2013, 10:22 PM

I downloaded this show, but this is the first time I have encountered a "shn" file.  Does anyone have a good audio converter for Mac that can convert shn to mp3 or AIFF?  The audio converter I've been using doesn't seem to like shn...

I'm unsure if it will work but you can try XLD - it's a converter I used to convert FLAC to Apple Lossless but it can do lots of other conversions too so maybe that'll help: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23430/x-lossless-decoder
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

davymac

Quote from: AMightyCaporal on May 01, 2013, 10:58 PM

I'm unsure if it will work but you can try XLD - it's a converter I used to convert FLAC to Apple Lossless but it can do lots of other conversions too so maybe that'll help: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23430/x-lossless-decoder

Awesome, this worked! Thanks AMC!  :beer:

Angelo

Quote from: AMightyCaporal on May 01, 2013, 10:58 PM

That's weird, I just started a thread asking what to do with these type of files, not for this reason though. Anyone know of any PC options?

johnnYYac

SHN Converter Software

Pazera Free Audio Extractor

Or you can download the Cat's Cradle show from '04 here, in both FLAC and MP3 (same file). 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Angelo

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 01, 2013, 11:48 PM
SHN Converter Software

Pazera Free Audio Extractor

Or you can download the Cat's Cradle show from '04 here, in both FLAC and MP3 (same file).
Damn, that was too easy, Yac! Once again I thank you for your help  :thumbsup:

I wanted it to download all of this: [size=78%]http://wilcoarchive.com/Tweedy%20Jeff%20-%201997-2003%20Collected/[/size]

spence

I recently did something similar but with all album songs in wanting a live version.
You can get most of TTF by downloading the 3 Port Chester shows which are pretty much a must have anyway in my opinion.  You certainly won't find better quality of the recordings.
Some were harder.  I listened to a lot of By My Car's for example to find the best.  My list was from the non Port Chesters:
They Ran - Red Rocks 2012 official bootleg
If All Else Fails - Paradiso You Tube video that JohnnyYac downloaded for me somewhere on this forum from back in Jan or Feb.  The only one I ever found.
Picture of You - Club Lek 2000 from archive.org
By My Car - Club Lek 2000 from archive.org

johnnYYac

By My Car also appears on Acoustic Citsuoca.

Crispy

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 02, 2013, 10:33 AM

On vinyl only, Johnny! Speaking of which, anybody got a digital rip of that?

Hmm, not liking the lo-fi-ness of the original record, but looking for something that sounds better in live recordings...well, thank god for Port Chester is all I can say. As spence says, the recordings of those PC shows are a great source. Also, I don't guess it really counts as "live," but one could use the excellent version of They Ran from the iTunes Live from Las Vegas set. Or The Bear from Acoustic Citsuoca!

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on May 02, 2013, 10:56 AM

Yeah, I know.  Doesn't everyone have every color of every vinyl release ever made?  No?  I'll post the vinyl rip of Buy My Car tonight...  :thumbsup:

Crispy

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 02, 2013, 11:03 AM
Quote from: Crispy on May 02, 2013, 10:56 AM

Yeah, I know.  Doesn't everyone have every color of every vinyl release ever made?  No?  I'll post the vinyl rip of Buy My Car tonight...  :thumbsup:

Sweet, thanks! (I only have one color of AC, and no means of ripping vinyl)

Putting together my own Live Tennessee Fire playlist, I realized that They Ran was followed immediately by The Bear in the setlist at Red Rocks! Which could have made for a better sonic transition between tracks, but Jim took that opportunity to thank everybody for coming, and it kind of breaks it up, playlist-wise.

I had *almost* forgotten how TTF-rich those PC shows were, WOW. So thanks for this thread, and this is going to make a pretty damn nice CD (though I still need a good If All Else Fails), while we wait for that T5 box set. Which nobody ever said we were getting on vinyl by the way, at least not with all 99 songs from five nights. Didn't we figure that would be something like 16 records? Of course I would still buy it.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

I have three?  Black, red, blue.  There's an orange/gold one, pretty rare, that eludes me.

Here's By My Car vinyl rip mp3.  Enjoy!

I also see I own 5 copies of Acoustic Citsuoca on CD, plus a couple that came with the vinyl, so if anyone needs a mint CD version of AC, give me a shout. 

I know this is a Tenn. Fire thread, but I'm jamming At Dawn on the tt while writing this and I must say... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYEEAHH.

Crispy

My Mission: find the elusive clear orange copy of AC.

Thanks for that copy of By My Car (glad you didn't send the also-extremely-elusive Buy My Car, but if you find that track, let me know)!  :thumbsup:

BH

Quote from: Crispy on May 02, 2013, 02:29 PM
My Mission: find the elusive clear orange copy of AC.

Thanks for that copy of By My Car (glad you didn't send the also-extremely-elusive Buy My Car, but if you find that track, let me know)!  :thumbsup:

I think Buy My Car can be found on the old Autotrader Compilation, Volume XIV along with other great tracks like, The Way That He Steers, If The Transmission Fails, Rollin Backwards and Steamy Engine.