MMJ on CBS Sunday Morning

Started by subinai, Jun 29, 2013, 11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Good analogy to USA Today: America's paper designed not to offended any hotel guest ever.

Colfax

Quote from: MamaKel on Jul 02, 2013, 10:41 PM
P.S. I am waiting for the day that they do an acoustic "Highly Suspicious". Just saying.

I really enjoyed reading your thoughts in this thread. Especially this one.

Sign me up for your newsletter

mahg33ta

Quote from: MamaKel on Jul 02, 2013, 11:11 PM
http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/av/2013/05/video-premiere-preservation-hall-jazz-band-jim-jam.html

I can't find that...

Hi Mamakel - I went looking and found it.   Well, this is what I was talking about at least.   Maybe it's not an acoustic version in the sense of Jimmy playing solo on acoustic guitar, but it is unamplified.   Watch the video starting at the 1:30 mark.

http://preshall.blogspot.com/2011/07/trailer-for-live-at-preservation-hall.html

That's the best version out there, with multi-camera angles, Bo getting down a little, etc... for another shot of it, see:

My Morning Jacket and Preservation Hall Jazz Band share duties on Highly Suspicious

Love the towel twirling.   That version also captures the mood right when they finish.   Look at the grins on Patrick and Bo.    Boy I wish I was at the show- that would truly have been the most special thing imaginable.   (it's what I hoped the show on the Belle was gonna be last Forecastle).

Fully

If you can find the recording, I know they played it on the boat that night. I know there's a recording maybe on archive.

Fully

Also, wasn't Sassbox actually at that show? I'm pretty sure that's the one where she sat right beside Carl and had to hold stuff for him because it was so crowded in hat little room.

mahg33ta

yes, Sassbox is up in the front right... you catch her a few times in the vids.

They did play it on the boat.   I wasn't clear but I meant that I thought the vibe on the boat just wasn't the same.   Maybe we were just all exhausted?   

Fully

I was ridiculously exhausted.