"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody

Just an FYI... I've heard from a very reliable source that this event it not selling as well as expected. I believe there is more then 50% availability and with 50% being the break even point there is a chance it may be cancelled. I'm not doing this to stomp on anyone's buzz but just thought I would put it out there if you're on the fence about going. I wish I could go but with 2 kids under 3 at home it's not going to happen. Hop on the bus if you can and make this happen!

e_wind

Quote from: fortbethel on Jul 05, 2013, 03:46 PM
A thought. Those of you thinking that you'll get to personally meet the band throughout the stay think twice. You know they aren't staying at the same resort. 'The Jacket' love and adore the fan base but even the guys know how overwhelming it would be to have to listen to fans go on and on about their love then have to perform. And have to do this four days in a row. My bet is that they have rooms at another resort very near by.

Met Jim once in L.A. and he was very nice and receptive.

I don't think anyone was expecting to hang out with them and share a sleeping bag all week. But thanks for the negativity and condescending thoughts.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

LeanneP

@fortbethel, I think you're going to find (if you go) that you are wrong.  I have no doubts that Hard Rock will have an artist residence area where they won't have fans knocking at their door, but it'll be on site.  One of the selling points for the holiday is "spontaneous artist involvement" which means that in their off hours, when they are enjoying Mexico like normal people, they may pop up on an outing to a pyramid or show up at the morning yoga class, etc. I'd be hella surprised if they didn't have family and close friends with them to share the vacation with.

I think, too, that many MMJ fans are pretty chill and will allow the guys a chance to enjoy the resort without mobbing them for autographs. At least, I hope they will.
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

fortbethel

rjlemons

Quote from: Woody on Jul 08, 2013, 04:13 PM
Just an FYI... I've heard from a very reliable source that this event it not selling as well as expected. I believe there is more then 50% availability and with 50% being the break even point there is a chance it may be cancelled. I'm not doing this to stomp on anyone's buzz but just thought I would put it out there if you're on the fence about going. I wish I could go but with 2 kids under 3 at home it's not going to happen. Hop on the bus if you can and make this happen!
I talked with a Cloud 9 representative today and ask if there was any chance of cancellation. He stated "Absolutely not a chance". He also said that they were way over 50% booked. Thank goodness. You had me worried for a nanosecond.  :rolleyes:

e_wind

Quote from: LeanneP on Jul 08, 2013, 07:29 PM
@fortbethel, I think you're going to find (if you go) that you are wrong.  I have no doubts that Hard Rock will have an artist residence area where they won't have fans knocking at their door, but it'll be on site.  One of the selling points for the holiday is "spontaneous artist involvement" which means that in their off hours, when they are enjoying Mexico like normal people, they may pop up on an outing to a pyramid or show up at the morning yoga class, etc. I'd be hella surprised if they didn't have family and close friends with them to share the vacation with.

I think, too, that many MMJ fans are pretty chill and will allow the guys a chance to enjoy the resort without mobbing them for autographs. At least, I hope they will.

I know this isn't exactly the same cause its a cruise, but there is a wildly entertaining article about The kid rock cruise that Fully showed me, and he is out there with the crowd most of the time for that.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Woldie

Not panicking. So not panicking... :undecided:
"The owls are not what they seem."

LeanneP

e wind, alienlanes has gone on a few of the metal cruises and all of the artists hang out at the shows and activities and noone mobs them. I'm sure it'll be the same here.  I mean, as much as we all think they're gods, they're just a bunch of guys. And they're the least rock star bunch of guys around.
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

Woody

Quote from: rjlemons on Jul 08, 2013, 08:53 PM
I talked with a Cloud 9 representative today and ask if there was any chance of cancellation. He stated "Absolutely not a chance". He also said that they were way over 50% booked. Thank goodness. You had me worried for a nanosecond.  :rolleyes:

That's great news! My apologies to whomever I stressed out about this.  :smiley:

scosby2

I've traveled with Jacket fans and the Jacket themselves all over the country...I promise you...look around the pool one day...you will see tons of jacket fans...and members of the band drinking at the bar, doing their own thing...but rest assured, they will not be mobbed...i've been in tons of places with this band and have never once seen them mobbed...their fans respect them...if you are one of the ones doing the mobbing or thinking about it, think twice...that's the whole fun of it to me, to know they are just normal people like us...on vacation....they just have to play and we have to listen

APR

Quote from: Woody on Jul 09, 2013, 09:18 AM
Quote from: rjlemons on Jul 08, 2013, 08:53 PM

That's great news! My apologies to whomever I stressed out about this.  :smiley:

I was a little alarmed...... put a whole new spin on the travel insurance idea.  I'm surprised the Cloud 9 rep gave out any stats as far as percentage booked.

And as far as the band hanging out, I heard they would join ericm and JohnYY for dinner one night if they book this thing.

robb

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 08, 2013, 10:36 PM

I know this isn't exactly the same cause its a cruise, but there is a wildly entertaining article about The kid rock cruise that Fully showed me, and he is out there with the crowd most of the time for that.

I actually know somebody that goes to that every year.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Fully

I hope this doesn't scare anyone off. I'm the woman in the fifth pic on the slide show, btw.

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/celebrities/201306/kid-rock-annual-cruise-gq-june-2013

jaye

Fully you really should be more careful with the sunblock.   :smiley:

johnnYYac

Quote from: APR on Jul 09, 2013, 11:48 AM
And as far as the band hanging out, I heard they would join ericm and JohnYY for dinner one night if they book this thing.
I'd say "you guys have no idea how much I wish I could go" but I believe you know perfectly well. Of all the multi-night runs since 2008- T5, LA, PC, RR- I've missed 'em all (except the last night of T5). Unless I win a contest, I'll be adding OBH to that list. Still, I love MMJ for doing this and other special events.  Someday..,
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Quote from: jaye on Jul 09, 2013, 01:46 PM
Fully you really should be more careful with the sunblock.   :smiley:

I can't help it. Sometimes I just start having fun and before I know it... Sunburned.

My Morning Tube top

Quote from: Fully on Jul 09, 2013, 01:09 PM

I hope this doesn't scare anyone off. I'm the woman in the fifth pic on the slide show, btw.

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/celebrities/201306/kid-rock-annual-cruise-gq-june-2013

Fully  I thought that was you! Way to get your tan on!

Fully

Quote from: My Morning Tube top on Jul 09, 2013, 10:13 PM
Quote from: Fully on Jul 09, 2013, 01:09 PM

Fully  I thought that was you! Way to get your tan on!
I knew you would recognize me from the distinct patterns of cellulite. I had a blind man tell me that he could read poetry by grabbing my ass one time. I asked him which poet and he said, "A very long-winded one."

logan5ive

Can we expect any warm up shows prior to Mexico?  Or is AmericanaRama it until then?
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

TheDark

I can't wait for these shows! Going to be an incredible experience. My dream vacation. I've never gone to an All-Inclusive resort and I have heard great things about Cloud 9 events. A few friends of mine have gone to Widespread Panic's "Panic en la Playa" and they said it was the most unbelievable concert experience. They said bars are everywhere at the resort and the hotel staff go through the crowd during the shows passing out drinks and taking drink orders. Sounds amazing. See you all down there for the party of a lifetime.