Who do you use for email?

Started by johnnYYac, Jul 03, 2013, 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

So, I'm moving from NH, with Comcast as my interweb provider, to Iowa, with some local provider I've never heard of (Corncast?).  I'm thinking of switching to a web-based email account once we lose Comcast.   Any advice?

I've seen a lot of folks moving to Gmail.  Some have Yahoo.

What are you folks using for email these days?  I'd like to manage it through Outlook, but also have a decent web-based interface.

Thoughts?  :undecided:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Gmail is near perfect for me, John. I'd avoid yahoo.

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

lpkell2145

Nothing but Gmail.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

20 times I wish you'd understand...

LeanneP

Absolutely use Gmail. The spam filters are awesome. They are constantly improving service, lots of functionality and lots of options for personalization.

Yahoo is a dinosaur. And not a cool one.
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

johnnYYac

I kinda figured on Gmail, started setting up new accounts, and imported my contacts from Windows Live Mail.  I seem to be missing something, as I can't access contacts when I click "To" while composing a new message.  I also appear to have all kinds of connected accounts (an old msn.com email, my Google calendars, my YouTube account) and it wants me to tie 'em all together.  Very confusing.

Thanks for the input.  Seems Gmail wins!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

peafunk31

How can you not go with an email account whose IP name is CORNCAST?!?!?!? That's plain awesome if you ask me. Plus I hear you get a free keyboard if you use their email service.

Homer no function beer well without.

Mr. White

Where we are in central Kentucky, our land-line telephone company is Windstream. I use Windstream's e-mail for most everything. I also have a gmail e-mail address that I use for some things. Like most others here have said, gmail seems to be the one on the move upwards.

My gmail account also tries to tie in with my YouTube account when I am logged into YouTube (YouTube is owned by Google). It kind of freaks me out. That's part of the reason I usually only use Windstream.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

el_chode

Yahoo is not a dinosaur anymore, and I use it as a backup to my gmail. Gmail has more account security (I use 2-step authentication). Yahoo is trying hard to improve their service under their new CEO. But I'd still say that Gmail is the best bet. You can also get a live account through Microsoft.
I'm surrounded by assholes