New to My Morning Jacket

Started by youreveningcoat19, Jul 24, 2013, 10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youreveningcoat19

New to the band, absolutely loving them so far.  Had a question about the new years eve show from boston in the official bootlegs.  Is it worth the purchase or is Okonokos all i need?

ericm

Okonokos is a great start, but you can never have enough live Jacket to listen to.  :beer:

It's like seeing them live. You can't only ever see just one show. Fair warning though, both are addictive.  :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

jaye

johnnYYac

I'd get all 3 Port Chester shows, the Okonokos DVD, At Dawn, and It Still Moves.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

Oh, and Acoustic Citsuoca.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

lpkell2145

Quote from: ericm on Jul 24, 2013, 10:14 PM
Okonokos is a great start, but you can never have enough live Jacket to listen to.  :beer:

Right on!!

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

20 times I wish you'd understand...

bartel

Okonokos and port Chester bootlegs are a good start. Seeing port Chester has no repeats you get a good idea of the band varied styles. While the albums are good of course mmj really shine live.

manonthemoon

Quote from: bartel on Jul 25, 2013, 09:51 AM
Okonokos and port Chester bootlegs are a good start. Seeing port Chester has no repeats you get a good idea of the band varied styles. While the albums are good of course mmj really shine live.

This times 1000
Alive or Just Breathing

HardNightConformist

If you haven't heard Dondante and Steam Engine then there's your first task.

Fully

The Red Rocks shows from 2012 and any of the Bonnaroo recordings-my favorite is 2008. In addition to the livedownloads.com stuff, check out the mmj section on archive.org. Most of them aren't soundboard quality, but there are some great recordings there for free.

ralph

At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

youreveningcoat19

Quote from: HardNightConformist on Jul 25, 2013, 11:40 PM
If you haven't heard Dondante and Steam Engine then there's your first task.

Oh I've heard em both, love Dondante, Steam Engine is worlds better live vs studio.

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

Fully

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

youreveningcoat19

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 25, 2013, 12:15 AM
Oh, and Acoustic Citsuoca.

Downloaded this last night, it is amazing.

Colfax

Welcome!

I lived off of Okonokos for years. But there are more songs now and great ones to boot. I'm not sure if I like the 3 night stand at Red Rocks or the 3 night NYE show better, but all 6 shows are in heavy rotation with me right now.

Jackets N Pones

iTunes Live at the Palms is terrific
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire