Main Menu

IOWA!!!

Started by johnnYYac, Sep 02, 2013, 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Home sweet home...

http://www.brobible.com/college/article/girl-blows-341-iowa-game

"I'm going to get .341 tattooed on me because its so epic "

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Her tweets are hilarious until she's dead.

ericm

Quote from: Fully on Sep 02, 2013, 11:56 AM
Her tweets are hilarious until she's dead.

I know the amount of booze in her system for a bac of .341 compared to say a 300lb man is a lot different, but holy shit, that's a lot of alcohol for anyone to have in their system. She obviously must drink a lot, and have built up some tolerance, because I think a .341 would probably kill me. If not, the week long hangover sure would.  :wink:

You're right Fully,  the funny comments aside, she sure sounds like a train wreck to me, and hopefully she straightens herself out before she winds up dead. Sad really.
"Where's Jim going?"

wolof7

Ahhhh college...the only time in life this behavior is barely acceptable.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

TheBigChicken

Damn...if you take that girl out it better be an all you can drink night or u better have a fat wallet...drink up girlfriend...what possibly could go wrong :beer:
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

johnnYYac

Now to some positives about Iowa City (every state's got drunk college girls).

18 ct. eggs 99 cents!

Two adjoining expansive gorgeous parks with playgrounds and bike paths just behind my back yard.

Children's hospital just down the street.

Cool neighbors, including a few who have taken my advice and dig MMJ.

Downtown pedestrian mall, library, record shop and more.

Cool little Englert Theatre has acts like Mould, Dawes, Tweedy, etc.

Free Buddy Guy concert downtown next week!

Lots of diversity.

Central air (a rarity in NH)

A big ol' pear tree in my back yard, bursting with fruit!

TheBigChicken

To hell with 99cents for eggs and pear trees...dont hi-jack the thread you started :angry: :angry:...tell us more about those drunk Iowa babes...i bet if she really tried she could make it to .4 :thumbsup:
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ericm

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Sep 03, 2013, 04:50 PM
To hell with 99cents for eggs and pear trees...dont hi-jack the thread you started :angry: :angry:...tell us more about those drunk Iowa babes...i bet if she really tried she could make it to .4 :thumbsup:
a

Haha. Yac, Yac'd his own thread!  :grin:

Some bac facts that really left me scratching my head even more about how this young woman was even standing.

0.30 BAC: STUPOR. You have little comprehension of where you are. You may pass out suddenly and be difficult to awaken.

0.35 BAC: Coma is possible. This is the level of surgical anesthesia.

"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Sep 03, 2013, 04:50 PM
Living in a college town is a mixed blessing.  As summer wraps up, lots of tan flesh all over the place.  Iowa students are living up to their reputation as the top party school, though.  A guy wakes up this weekend to find a strange person passed out on his bedroom floor, for example (local news).  I'm glad we're far enough from campus and downtown that most would never make it this far. 

I wouldn't doubt I've reached 0.3+ BAC before, at UNH in the mid- to late-80s.  But I wasn't a douche about it.  Maybe I would've been had Twitter and Facebook existed back then, but this girl is an ass in any decade.

Oh, and the title of this thread is "IOWA!!!", not "Drunk chicks!!!"  That deserves its own thread...  :rolleyes:

Good to see you again, TBC!

Hawkeye

Yac, you're making me a bit homesick with this thread...

But I'm glad you're finding some positives about Iowa  :bath:

Now find John's Grocery and let me know what you think!!!  The beer is in the back right  :beer:

The used to be the best place I'd ever been to, beer-selection-wise.  Microbrews are catching on more and more, all over, so maybe there's a good selection anywhere now...but they had some Belgians that you really couldn't find anywhere else in the area.

The tailgating scene is a lot of fun in Iowa City too, if you're into that kinda thing.
We could.

Hawkeye

We could.

johnnYYac

Thanks, Dan!  I will check John's out ASAP!  Got my Iowa plates and DL today!

he.who.forgets

Yac, I just read somewhere that Iowa just passed a law allowing blind peeps to carry concealed weapons.  I'm pretty sure this wasn't an Onion article either...or maybe it was.  :huh:

Crispy

Quote from: he.who.forgets on Sep 11, 2013, 06:44 PM
Yac, I just read somewhere that Iowa just passed a law allowing blind peeps to carry concealed weapons.  I'm pretty sure this wasn't an Onion article either...or maybe it was.  :huh:

It's true, but they are allowed to carry firearms if they promise to only shoot at life-threatening sounds.

(that is indeed The Onion's joke)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"