Main Menu

The Dodos

Started by mylifeisought, Jun 24, 2008, 12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyLifeISought

This band is remarkably good. (woo-hoo, 500 posts!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuXbHQko3_Q
"Music is my savior
I was tamed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
Got my name from rock and roll"
-Wilco

Dee.

I saw them live not long ago. It was pretty good. It seems like they're always touring. I like Logan's drumming.

Kris

Visiter is one of the best albums of 2008.  Great band.

Ruckus

Just thought with all the chatter about post merriweather pavilion (not a fan of the venue) leak, was wondering why the Visiter didn't get some more love.  Perhaps there was another thread other than this one but man, what a great album.  Yet to see them live.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

kotchishm

New album "No Color" is out now.  Neko Case does backup vocals on most tracks.  I think it's great, definitely a step forward from "Time to Die" which I thought was a little bit of a letdown compared to "Visiter".
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

marino13

Quote from: kotchishm on Oct 14, 2011, 11:53 AM
New album "No Color" is out now.  Neko Case does backup vocals on most tracks.  I think it's great, definitely a step forward from "Time to Die" which I thought was a little bit of a letdown compared to "Visiter".

Until the new Wilco came out, this was probably my favorite album of the year.  Really like the whole album, but the second and third songs are especially good.

Love where it cranks out right after the 3:00 mark.
The Dodos-Going Under

The Dodos - Good

kotchishm

New album Carrier is streaming now.  After a few listens it's my favorite thing they've done

http://pitchfork.com/advance/189-carrier/
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Virgil Caine

Just saw them yesterday at First City Festival.

They were pretty good. The drummer is really fun to watch.