The Districts (Check These Guys Out... You Won't Regret It!)

Started by EverythingChanges, Jun 15, 2014, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverythingChanges

I saw these guys open for Dr. Dog.  They had their equipment and van stolen in St. Louis two nights prior to the show.  Dr. Dog was nice enough to lend them their gear.  Man, I sure am glad they did!  The singer from this band is fantastic.  They just released their first EP.

Check them out!:

HotBox Session: The Districts - "Funeral Beds"

The Districts: 'Long Distance,' Live On Soundcheck

The Districts - "Young Blood" (Live at Tellus360)
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Come Closer

I discovered them when someone here posted about them last year. Telephone is an awesome album.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Osistheones on Jun 15, 2014, 10:34 PM
I discovered them when someone here posted about them last year. Telephone is an awesome album.

I didn't realize they had a full length album yet. It seems to be missing from spotify.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jun 16, 2014, 12:10 AM
Quote from: Osistheones on Jun 15, 2014, 10:34 PM

I didn't realize they had a full length album yet. It seems to be missing from spotify.

I saw them open for Dr. Dog too recently, enjoyed them as well. I don't think they have a full length album. They only had the EP at the merch table (witch I picked up on vinyl) and yeah there's no full length listed on spotify.

EDIT:
I found this, I don't know anything about it though or why it wasn't available at the show. http://thedistricts.bandcamp.com/
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Angelo

I think there's another thread for these guys somewhere around here. They definitely have a full length because they were selling it when I saw them open for White Denim last year and I own it. Good stuff, they seem to be keeping real busy.

BH

That full length called "Telephone" doesn't seem to be available anywhere except mp3.    I have the ep as well that I bought at the White Denim show but I wonder if they have a new full length in the works...
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

EverythingChanges

Northern Neighbour

They're playing twice at Ottawa Bluesfest. Hope to meet up with them.

JerseyDan

Quote from: BH on Jun 24, 2014, 09:55 AM
That full length called "Telephone" doesn't seem to be available anywhere except mp3.    I have the ep as well that I bought at the White Denim show but I wonder if they have a new full length in the works...

sure do! they are signed to Fat Possum and have a record due before '14 is out. Telephone LP is digital only as the CDs they pressed before they were signed are OOS and won't be re-pressed (to my knowledge).

also this:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-the-districts-raise-money-after-their-van-was-stolen

Northern Neighbour

These guys are great. Saw them live twice at the Ottawa Bluesfest, and their shows were fantastic. They have an MMJ quality with their live show.

I also interviewed them, although they didn't fair too well on the quiz part. I did ask them what their favourite MMJ songs were, and they replied:

Mark, the guitarist - I'm Amazed
Braden, the drummer - Golden
Rob, guitarist and lead vocals - Run Thru
Connor, bass - Dondante

Good to see great variety from the band.

ironmike

ffghtrs

So tasty for the ear holes! and Soul and hearts and lungs too.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?