Most Amazing Review Ever

Started by DaFunkyPrecedent, Nov 12, 2013, 07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaFunkyPrecedent

So - this is a Dr. Dog live concert review...but this kid (like so many of us when we're trying to talk about something else end up talking about how great MMJ is).  Comes in at around the 11:00 mark. Anyway, I had to share it, it's just too amazing.

Hope ya'll enjoy and everyone has been well :)

My First Dr. Dog Concert (Part 1)
God damn those shaky knees.

APR

This kid is wicked smart.  And what a great tangent he went on describing MMJ and how happy he was that they were playing an all ages show he could attend.  I hope Cameron Crowe makes Almost Famous 2 and casts him in the Patrick Fugit role.  And Fugit can play the Lester Bangs role.

GO4IT

This kid is amazing - a walking band encyclopedia!  He was still going on about MMJ to almost 15:00 talking up Carl and Bo.
Oh wait, he's bring up MMJ again at 16:50.
What a great find!
And now he's going through in detail everything that was served at the Dr. Dog buffet at 18:45!
OK, now I'm getting concerned. His Mom is getting calls from the band.

Waddy Peytona

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

rincon2

I watched some of that video, and I sensed he may have some form of a mild autism. I read that article and according to his mother he does. Before anyone jumps my shit for the term mild, I have worked autistic psych units, and it can be far far more debilitating than anything I observed here. It sure looks like he has learned to make the best of it. Good for him.

jaye

Ryan Adams once tweeted about this kid when he reviewed one of his albums.  It was very sweet. 

johnnYYac

We need to get this kid on the forum!

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

jaye

:grin:  His review of Jim's solo album is fantastic: 

Album of the Day (Ep. 19) 4 Short 2013 Album Reviews

starts around 16:00

Fully

Quote from: rincon2 on Nov 13, 2013, 08:43 AM
I watched some of that video, and I sensed he may have some form of a mild autism. I read that article and according to his mother he does. Before anyone jumps my shit for the term mild, I have worked autistic psych units, and it can be far far more debilitating than anything I observed here. It sure looks like he has learned to make the best of it. Good for him.
Maybe he just has asperger's. my daughter is very similar to this kid.

GO4IT

The more I listen to this young man (listening to his review of Jim James' album right now) the more I am blown away by his memory, attention to detail, insights and ability to make connections within and across bands.  He is quite a talent.

Angelo

Great video, thanks for sharing. I kept thinking that I wanted to belly up at a bar and shoot the shit about music with this kid.

APR

I checked out his Jim album and Local Natives review.  I wonder how much prep he puts into these reviews.  I bet they're off the top of his head and he just riffs.  He is wiser than his years.  What a cool music fan talking from the heart, telling us his favorite songs, referencing 70s funk, insightful opinions, I could go on and on.  Outstanding!

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

bartel

wow this kid is so cool...