Drive-By Truckers Return to Simplicity on 'English Oceans'

Started by ChiefOKONO, Dec 03, 2013, 12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

headhunter

was some shakin' and some record playin'

MarkW

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Tired Eyes

This is my most-anticipated new album of 2014.  I think it's going to be really good.

Murph

How do I start getting into DBT?!  I'm overwhelmed

headhunter

http://www.ninebullets.net/wp-images/2009/dbt-from-austin-tx.jpg

Live from Austin is a good simple way to start.

or Ugly Buildings, Whores, and Politicians - Greatest Hits 1998-2009 are an easy way to start but imo the best whole albums include:

THE DIRTY SOUTH
SOUTHERN ROCK OPERA
DECORATION DAY
A BLESSING AND A CURSE

Their last album Go Go Boots is also very good.

e_wind

Murph, I'd start with A Blessing and a Curse. Its the only record I could get into at first, and I would definitely consider it the most accessible.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Murph

Good looks guys, I'm gonna give it a go soon. They've always been one of those bands that I felt like I needed to get into and just never did for whatever reason. I also kinda feel like I missed the boat on them, but better late than never I guess

Tired Eyes

Quote from: Murph on Dec 20, 2013, 03:17 PM
Good looks guys, I'm gonna give it a go soon. They've always been one of those bands that I felt like I needed to get into and just never did for whatever reason. I also kinda feel like I missed the boat on them, but better late than never I guess
These are my favorites:

Southern Rock Opera
Decoration Day
The Dirty South

The Fine Print is a cool "odds and sods" collection.

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

MrWhippy

I like the looks of the two-night stand at the 9:30 Club.

I'm surprised they don't know better than to play The Ritz in Raleigh, otherwise known as the worst music venue in America.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

bartel

Penny Lane

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 08, 2014, 03:35 PM
Tour just announced:

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/120401/Drive-By-Truckers-Announce-Tour

stoked to see these guys with Blitzen Trapper in Richmond

very tempting..my favorite venue, great opener...and Whippy and his brown acid..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

MrWhippy

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 09, 2014, 09:31 AM
Tour just announced:

very tempting..my favorite venue, great opener...and Whippy and his brown acid..

I don't think I can do the Richmond show, as I'm out of town then.

Pro tip for anyone going to The National, though.  If you eat dinner at the restaurant next to it, you get let into the show early.

manonthemoon

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 10, 2014, 06:31 AM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 09, 2014, 09:31 AM
Tour just announced:

I don't think I can do the Richmond show, as I'm out of town then.

Pro tip for anyone going to The National, though.  If you eat dinner at the restaurant next to it, you get let into the show early.

Yo Whip are you doing either of the two days at 930?  Thinking of doing one of them, probably Saturday as long as tickets are still available as the presale sold out for that one pretty quickly.  Of course I saw that the Sunday show is the day prior to PH's 50th so it might be a very good one as well.
Alive or Just Breathing

headhunter

I am thinking of coming down for both shows in DC and would be gteat to see u boys. 

MrWhippy

Quote from: manonthemoon on Jan 11, 2014, 02:27 PM
Yo Whip are you doing either of the two days at 930?  Thinking of doing one of them, probably Saturday as long as tickets are still available as the presale sold out for that one pretty quickly.  Of course I saw that the Sunday show is the day prior to PH's 50th so it might be a very good one as well.

There is a chance I'll be out of town for work then, but if not I'll be going to both 9:30 shows.

GO4IT

I just posted two videos from Saturday's show at the 9:30 Club. Great show and great sharing with Mr. Whippy, Ms GO4IT and Bren.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MMJGO4IT

headhunter

good work and great sound on those dbt videos.  their recent shows have been incredibly good!  The 9:30 club is a perfect and favorite venue for them.