Main Menu

LUCERO

Started by buaawwww, Jul 22, 2014, 02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buaawwww

I absolutely love this freaking band.  Just wanted to put that out there...  :cheesy:

headhunter

you have excellent taste my friend.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

buaawwww

I love everything they've put out.  My favorite album is Rebels, Rogues & Sworn Brothers and I really wished they played more from this in concert.  Just a great band... and I wanted to share that...  :thumbsup:

headhunter

Seeing Lucero Saturday at Newport Folk Fest and then after hours at the Newport Blues Cafe with Deer Tick is this good looking show.

Sunday, July 27
Caitlin Rose
Ben Nichols (of Lucero) 
Deer Tick + special guest Trampled By Turtles

buaawwww

Quote from: headhunter on Jul 22, 2014, 03:48 PM

Seeing Lucero Saturday at Newport Folk Fest and then after hours at the Newport Blues Cafe with Deer Tick is this good looking show.

Sunday, July 27
Caitlin Rose
Ben Nichols (of Lucero) 
Deer Tick + special guest Trampled By Turtles

Yeah... just a litttttttttle jealous...  :cry:

Murph

Great thread...

Can't wait for this live album to come out

e_wind

one of my all time, long time favorite bands. I had to sneak into a 18+ show the first time I saw them. The S/T will always have a special place in my heart, but all the albums, with the exception of WandW, are fantastic, beginning to end, IMO
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

buaawwww

I just bought "Live From Atlanta".  I can't even begin to describe how great of a live album this is.  I'd trade a few paychecks for one night to hang out and drink with Ben Nichols.  Good Lord!!!! 

headhunter

Yep, I agree.

This live 4 lp box set is up there with Okonokos and Wilco's Kicking Television for my favorite live lps.

Got to see both Lucero and Ben (solo show at night) last month at Newport.  Love this band and Ben is just one mighty fine nice guy.

buaawwww

Quote from: headhunter on Aug 13, 2014, 04:03 PM
Yep, I agree.

This live 4 lp box set is up there with Okonokos and Wilco's Kicking Television for my favorite live lps.

Got to see both Lucero and Ben (solo show at night) last month at Newport.  Love this band and Ben is just one mighty fine nice guy.

I have to agree with that.  It ranks up there for me as one of the best, complete live albums I've heard.  There's not a down moment at any point.  Now just come to NYC soon please!!!!

wolof7

It really is great! It really plays like a whole Lucero show. They light it up from Song 1-32.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

e_wind

I want to hear this. As I've stated before, they're one of my all time favorites for a long while. However, their live sound is so lo-fi, that I've been worried they might not be a great band to have a live album. I guess you all have subdued my fears though.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

buaawwww

And here we go!!!!!!

[Tour Announcement] An evening with Lucero - 'By The Seat Of Our Pants' tour ! Performing an acoustic set to open each evening.
Presale - Aug 20-21 (Ticket links and passwords to follow)
Onsale to Public - Aug 22
Nov 3-5 : The Bowery Ballroom , New York, NY
Nov 7-9 : The Sinclair, Boston, MA
Nov16-18 : The Echo, Los Angeles, CA
Nov 21-23 : Slim's, San Francisco, CA
‪#‎bytheseatofourpantstour‬ ‪#‎tourannouncement‬ ‪#‎liveconcerts‬