Main Menu

Josh Ritter

Started by Angelo, Dec 11, 2012, 01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

I didn't see an existing Ritter thread. Just noticed he has a new album coming out in March and is touring the east coast with the Felice Bros. supporting a bunch of dates. I don't know if any of you folks are Ritter fans but this is a can't miss for me. I've never seen him live and he's at the top of my list of people I need to see that I haven't yet.

http://www.joshritter.com/

LBSUNFLWR

Thanks, just read this too.

I am a big fan, and he will be coming to my town in April so that's great news!!
He is EXCELLENT live!  :thumbsup:

Angelo

New album is out today and it's great. Don't listen to me though, Josh hasn't released a bad record yet in my book. Because I bought tix to one of his upcoming shows, I received 2 downloads codes for the new record this morning. I wish more artists would do this.

headhunter

Just ordered the new Josh this morning on vinyl.  I like most everything he has put out to date.  His albums and eps always sound especially good on vinyl.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

LBSUNFLWR

After 4 full listens I'd say this new album is among his best! But i too love everything he does.

April 19th at The Brown in Louisville! can't wait!

Penny Lane

been listening to this all day on NPR...sounds great...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

wolof7

Yeah definitely one of the more consistent singer songwriters of this time.  Love the new album. I don't know why, maybe bc I don't listen to singer songwriters as much, but I never get excited for a new josh Ritter album then they come out and he blows me away.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

tdb810

I really enjoy Josh Ritter, and didn't realize he had a new album out. Thanks for the scoop!
.....Back at the Model Home

Jeff Murray

I got tickets for the May show in York, Pa... last time I saw him might have been about 5 years ago at Messiah College... best part of the show in my opinion was his tongue in cheek throwing up the devil horns hand signs at the end of the show.... made me laugh being that it is a very conservative Christian college...
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

LBSUNFLWR

ha, that's awesome.

I have seen him twice and just can't get over how happy the man is! So much fun to watch someone who's enjoying himself so much, while entertaining me so much!

Angelo

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Mar 06, 2013, 04:05 PM
ha, that's awesome.

I have seen him twice and just can't get over how happy the man is! So much fun to watch someone who's enjoying himself so much, while entertaining me so much!
I can't help but notice that too. Sometimes it looks like he is literally laughing on stage because he seems to be having so much fun.

Jeff Murray

NPR.org has a video recording of his album release show in NY from Monday if anyone wants to take a look.
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

EverythingChanges

I just stumbled upon his music on Spotify.  I'm digging it.  Any album I should focus on in particular?
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

headhunter

They are all excellent.

His last album The Beast in Its Tracks was one of my Favorite albums of last year.

The Animal Years is also one of his best.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

LBSUNFLWR

I'd say Golden Age of Radio and The Animal Years. Though you can't go wrong with any.
So Runs The World Away is really good.

Look for some live stuff and the Deluxe versions of the albums above with a 2nd disc of acoustic versions.

And yes, still among one of my favorite live acts. Just saw him play acoustic with a 3 piece band and it was awesome.

Angelo

You really can't go wrong with any of them. His consistency is incredible. If I had to choose I would say start with Animal Years. If you like what you've heard so far you will most likely enjoy everything else you hear from him.

TheThird

Quote from: headhunter on Mar 25, 2014, 02:48 PM

His last album The Beast in Its Tracks was one of my Favorite albums of last year.

Definitely this. There was a two month stretch where it was a daily must listen.
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]