New show on Live Downloads

Started by subinai, Mar 29, 2014, 10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Very interesting info, TOOGANS. I look forward to a show with Remnants in it! Will there be any older releases pre-Evil Urges?

TOOGANS

The plan is to try and cover a bit of each album touring cycle since 03'.  The multi-track recording of each show didn't start until around 10/08, so anything uploaded prior to that will be a matrix board/audience recording. :wink:

JDUB

This was my first MMJ show. Wonder if I'll get a free download code from the band. :rolleyes:

MOWJO8185

TOOGANS - I think the real question is, how long are you guys going to make us wait for T5? Is that going to be a special Christmas edition or something? :)

TOOGANS

I'm afraid I can't answer that one.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Apr 01, 2014, 02:16 PM
TOOGANS - I think the real question is, how long are you guys going to make us wait for T5? Is that going to be a special Christmas edition or something? :)

I don't want to see T5 as live downloads.  I'd rather them save it for an official tangible release sometime.

I would also be very happy to see them do a 3 night homecoming gig in Louisville that they record and release like Okonokos.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

MOWJO8185

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Apr 01, 2014, 04:27 PM

I don't want to see T5 as live downloads.  I'd rather them save it for an official tangible release sometime.

I would also be very happy to see them do a 3 night homecoming gig in Louisville that they record and release like Okonokos.

Agreed, but if it's live downloads or nothing... Guess which one I'm picking.

gluvmiller

Quote from: TOOGANS on Apr 01, 2014, 10:23 AM
The plan is to try and cover a bit of each album touring cycle since 03'.  The multi-track recording of each show didn't start until around 10/08, so anything uploaded prior to that will be a matrix board/audience recording. :wink:

BIG fan of the matrix. Hope that happens. I was a taper for years and when I had the opportunity to plug into the board to mix with my mics, i was overwhelmed w joy.

bartel

Quote from: TOOGANS on Apr 01, 2014, 10:23 AM

any philly show from 2010, 2011 or 2012 please  :cool: Merriweather 2012 also..  :cool:

APR

Quote from: TOOGANS on Apr 01, 2014, 07:38 AM
Not at all.  it's the screaming at the top off ones range that's hard on vocals.

Thanks a lot for the knowledge.  Before reading that post I thought Evil Urges and Highly Suspicious would be among the ones that hurt Jim's voice more and therefore be left off setlists.  But they are performed pretty regularly and probably don't cause too much trouble.

I'm a huge fan of Remnants and Run Thru so hopefully those songs will never be retired.  Remnants was a definite highlight of the last night of T5 (my only time hearing it).

APR

Wanted to add (since Toogans seems to be reading this) that the background vocals/sound/levels, etc of OBH recordings are crazy good.  War Begun, Dondonte are just two examples of the awesomeness and I didn't even upgrade to Flac.

MOWJO8185

Consider this my official request for the next release in this series:  http://archive.mymorningjacket.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=377&Itemid=26

Looks GLORIOUS. And would be sweet to hear some of the differences in the jams back in the day.

spence

This is a great show, the ending to Lay Low is awesome, never heard that done before.

Regarding Evil urges and Jim's voice, on the OBH show he didn't sing the whole song in the higher voice, just the chorus parts.  I thought he must have been trying to save his voice when I first heard that.

LB

noob question, but TOOGANS what do you do? Do you edit the shows?
no you never gotta fight with me

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Apr 01, 2014, 04:27 PM

Agree with this wholeheartedly. I want a box set. Preferably in vinyl. Those nights were magical for me. I still check for that "Forthcoming box set freak out" thread to be bumped lol.

MOWJO8185

I just think the amount of time and effort to make a tangible box set at this point (3 years and change past the event) seems unlikely, whereas the downloads could happen pretty easily. If the box set is still in the works, then great, I will wait patiently, but I really feel like it's probably live downloads or nothing at this point.

But, to discuss the show at hand, it sounds great! Nice to hear a different era of MMJ. Glad to add Sec Walkin' to the list of songs with an official release, and there are some cool, different sounding jams on a few songs as well.

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Apr 03, 2014, 02:21 PM
I just think the amount of time and effort to make a tangible box set at this point (3 years and change past the event) seems unlikely, whereas the downloads could happen pretty easily. If the box set is still in the works, then great, I will wait patiently, but I really feel like it's probably live downloads or nothing at this point.

But, to discuss the show at hand, it sounds great! Nice to hear a different era of MMJ. Glad to add Sec Walkin' to the list of songs with an official release, and there are some cool, different sounding jams on a few songs as well.

I thought they had already put some work into it but that could just be me remembering wrong. I know they've mentioned it in interviews a few years ago but I still try to hold out hope. It would be perfect for a Record Store Day release or as a way to generate some more money during some down time (maybe after a tour or something).

Don't get me wrong....I'd be happy with at least live downloads. Those shows were magic for me. Only sad I missed out on the first two nights.

Mr. White

I had downloaded this killer Milwaukee show as a FLAC-HD almost as soon as it was made available but couldn't listen to it until just a little while ago (my better computer with Nero for converting to WAV files was in the "shop"). I'm a little more than half way through it and am loving the quality and the jams!

Thanks again, My Morning Jacket and all those responsible for getting this show out to us.

Since others are making known their wishes for future shows that might be offered as Official Bootlegs, I thought I would list the shows I would like.
KFC Yum! Center show in Louisville from Oct. 29, 2010
UNSTAGED show in Louisville from May 31, 2011
Forecastle X in Louisville from July 14, 2012
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

timescaper

Agreed - got to release the YUM Center show from Louisville with the orchestra!  The 2012 Columbus, OH show is very special with Come Closer need that too!!!!

robb

I'd like to put in a humble request for Columbus 2012.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.