Podcasts that are good.

Started by e_wind, Apr 01, 2013, 12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

Anyone listen to Podcasts? I like to listen to em to pass time on long drives and in school. There are really funny podcasts out there.
1. Bill Burr - Monday Morning Podcastsby far my favorite comedian. Not that funny on stage, but his podcasts and videos and shit are hilarious. i.e:
Bill Burr gives us a tour of Santa Monica and Venice Beach - January 2012
2. Jeff Garland - By the Way, In Conversation... only listened to one, but he has awesome guests (Larry David, Jeff Tweedy, Will Ferrel)

i know i'm forgetting one. also, please no one say the podcast from that douche that used to host fear factor
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

These are the ones I have cued on my iPhone, though I rarely get to them all.  On long drives, they come in handy. 

Doug Loves Movies (Doug Benson, stoner comic; check out "Superhigh Me")
Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast (I love Burr's "analysis" of the Patriots last season)
Here's The Thing (interview show hosted by Alec Baldwin; newest episode is Thom Yorke)
The Nerdist (interview show hosted by Chris Hardwick, the Talking Dead guy)
Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! (NPR political humor quiz show)
WTF with Marc Maron (interview show w/great guests)
The Walking Dead 'Cast (post-episode analysis and cast interviews)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

wolof7

Ill update this post with a little more context and a rating system of let's say mic's

Comedy:
Wtf w Marc Maron (5/5 mics)
You made it weird w Pete Holmes (5/5 mics)
The Nerdist (3.5/5 mics)
By the Way, In Conversation w Jeff Garland (4/5 mics)

Movies (usually comedy based):
Doug Loves Movies (4/5 mics)
How Did This Get Made? (4/5 mics)
Rewatchability (5/5 mics)

Music (generally I just listen to music but for music specific podcasts these are pretty good):
All Songs Considered
Sound Opinions

Other:
Radiolab (5/5 mics)
Stuff You Should Know (5/5 mics)
Stuff You Missed in History Class (4/5 mics)
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

e_wind

I'm gonna look into some of these. I have a 6 hour ride to Atlanta this week....

the jeff garland w/ Jeff tweedy is AWESOME
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

LeanneP

I spent the months I had to walk my kids to a school a couple miles away going through the Radiolab archives - BEST PODCAST EVER! 

Also, love WTF, You Made It Weird, Nerdist, Doug Loves Movies.

I bet the men won't find this nearly as fun, but The JV Club with Janet Varney is full of awesome - she talks to other women actors and comedians about their early teen years, with extra points for awkwardness.

Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

The Radar Watches Me

This guy is on the radio in the mornings with Bob and Tom. Sometimes his guests are regulars on the Bob and Tom Show.

http://www.chickmcgee.com/
I hope you make it on this Earth.