Main Menu

2015 Festivals

Started by APR, Nov 17, 2014, 04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

subinai

Shaky Knees looks great. kinda surprised MMJ isnt playing it!

manonthemoon

I don't normally do a lot of festivals, but I might have to breakdown for SK. 
Alive or Just Breathing

APR

If MMJ were at Shaky Knees in addition to all the other acts, it would be crazy.  I bet the park is better than last year's site, which was a huge parking lot.  The fest was great and ran really well but the scenery wasn't ideal.

Hard Rock Calling looks solid too.

At this point, Governors Ball gets my #1 ranked lineup even though I'm not into the headliners.  But leaving Randalls Island an hour or two before the show ends sounds a lot easier than leaving after the headliner. So that's a plus.   Anyone have insight on travel to and from and just how huge the festival is?  Is it close to the size of 'Roo or Coachella?

Austin Psych Fest has another batch of bands to be announced in Feb.  With Firefly and tons more still pending, I don't plan on buying tix or making travel plans until all options are known and that includes MMJ's own tour plans.

Murph

Apparently it's all but been confirmed that Paul McCartney will headline Firefly  :cheesy:

dmooney99

APR

Pitchfork posted theirs a few days ago:   http://pitchforkmusicfestival.com

All Good Festival:  http://www.allgoodfestival.com

The big ones later in the year yet to announce:  Lolla, Lockn, Outside Lands, Life Is Beautiful (and I'm sure I'm forgetting some)

oistheone

D'Angelo is a lock for Outside Lands, but the fact that he's been booked for ZERO other North American festivals thus far is really grindin' my gears!! Someone book these guys and TAKE MY MONEY!!

parkervb

Quote from: Murph on Jan 19, 2015, 11:23 AM
Apparently it's all but been confirmed that Paul McCartney will headline Firefly  :cheesy:

Sir Paul sounded AWFUL on the SNL40 show the other night.
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Feb 18, 2015, 01:24 PM
Quote from: Murph on Jan 19, 2015, 11:23 AM

Sir Paul sounded AWFUL on the SNL40 show the other night.

True, he did not sound good.  But I think that was a fluke.  He sounded great in other recent appearances.

oistheone

McCartney could sound like a frog with a tracheotomy and I'd still FUCKING LOVE IT

SVRDhand13

Shaky Knees looks the best to me.

I'll be going to Governor's Ball NYC (like I do every year) and my top 3 are MMJ, Tame Impala and Bjork.  Luckily they are all on different days so I know I won't have a major conflict. 
10: T5 (At Dawn, Z, Evil Urges) 11: VA, MSG, 2012: BK, Cap Theater 1-2 15: GovBall, XPN, Beacon 2+3

dmooney99

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

dmooney99

Coachella broadcasting live this weekend.  War on Drugs on now, Interpol and Tame Imapala a little later tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/user/coachella

lpkell2145

Watching this now. Tame Impala just came on and War on Drugs and Alabama Shakes are playing encores right afterward.  It's all been pretty awesome!!
20 times I wish you'd understand...

e_wind

I thought ACDC was about the lamest headliner I'd ever seen, but after reading the RS review of the show, I have been turned. I bet that would be a super fun festival headlining show.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

dmooney99

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 11, 2015, 10:18 AM
I thought ACDC was about the lamest headliner I'd ever seen, but after reading the RS review of the show, I have been turned. I bet that would be a super fun festival headlining show.

Yeah too bad that wasn't broadcast on youtube.  Seemed like a fun show.  I only caught War On Drugs, Interpol and Tame Impala.

Today/tonight has some real good artists that I'm looking forward too.  Royal Blood, Benjamin Booker, Father John Misty, Jungle, Run The Jewels and Jack White.

APR

APR

bigloop

HangoutFest is streaming this weekend.  I think this is the best streaming platform of the all the summer festivals.   Enjoy!  (SPOON is playing as I type this)

http://hangoutmusicfest.com/livefeed/