Jim James joins artists to support Change Begins Within

Started by johnnYYac, Mar 25, 2011, 11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

A friend at work noticed Jim James in this picture and sent me this link.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/davidlynchfoundationmusic#project

Artists stand in support of the David Lynch Foundation at the 1st "Change Begins Within" event in New York City, April 2009 (R-L: Russell Simmons, Donovan, Bettye LaVette, Ringo Starr, David Lynch, Paul McCartney, Paul Horn, Mike Love/Beach Boys, Moby, and Jim James/My Morning Jacket)

The David Lynch Foundation (DLF) is a non-profit educational organization which was established in July 2005 to ensure that anyone at-risk for traumatic stress can learn Transcendental Meditation. In the past five years, over 150,000 inner-city youth, veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder, homeless adults and children, Native Americans, and inmates and guards in maximum security prisons have learned to meditate. Research on meditating students has found that the technique increases grades and improves test scores, boosts graduation rates while reducing stress, depression, anxiety, dropouts, suspensions, and expulsions.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

ALady

Old news, but very cool nonetheless.  Has he done anything since then with the David Lynch Foundation?
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

johnnYYac

I hadn't noticed until Maggie's post that there is a date of April 2009 in the photo caption.  It didn't ring a bell with me, so I thought it might be new and under the radar.  Nice to see Jim in the company of some legendary musicians, appropriately so.  Sorry if this had posted before.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 25, 2011, 01:57 PM
I hadn't noticed until Maggie's post that there is a date of April 2009 in the photo caption.  It didn't ring a bell with me, so I thought it might be new and under the radar.  Nice to see Jim in the company of some legendary musicians, appropriately so.  Sorry if this had posted before.

Thanks for sharing , I didn't know.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Mar 25, 2011, 09:38 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 25, 2011, 01:57 PM

Thanks for sharing , I didn't know.

Didn't know either, thanks! :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

1978SGJ

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Mar 26, 2011, 08:09 AM
Quote from: touchmeimgoing2cream on Mar 25, 2011, 02:48 PM
http://dlf.tv/2009/jim-james/

i found this interview, figured i'd share..

Thanks a lot for sharing, hadn't seen that one before! :)

i know it's not current or whatever but, i've never seen it; and as a musician i was floored by how he talked about his creative process.. like how he hears song ideas as soundscapes rather than a collection of notes, chords, percussion, etc.
this guy is so deep that if you hugged him, you'd probably drown. lol
i could totally listen to Jim talk tunes 24/7...

ALady

Here's a link to the original thread about the benefit concert:

http://mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?topic=8127.0

LOL, no wonder I remembered it, I posted it   ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

johnnYYac

Quote from: ALady on Mar 28, 2011, 01:39 PM
Here's a link to the original thread about the benefit concert:

http://mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?topic=8127.0

LOL, no wonder I remembered it, I posted it   ;D
And that thread was 23 days before I first registered to the forum, so I missed it (just barely).

elainemarie

APR

AXS TV recently aired about an hour of footage from this show including Hurdy Gurdy Man feating JJ with Donovan.  It was really cool to see Paul and Ringo on stage together for some songs.  And of course JJ with all those legends on stage at the end.