Blind Melon fans: Shannon Hoon documentary

Started by wheelhousetunes, Apr 15, 2015, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelhousetunes

This looks amazing once completed. Even the 7 minute preview is awesome. I've already watched it half a dozen times.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=nav_search

dookie shoot bandit

This is gonna be great!

Thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:

ffghtrs

DUde I can't believe how awesome it'll be...did you know that Zakk Wylde was friends with him...according to my  guitar teacher...who was actually friends with Mr. Wylde.  cool.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

wheelhousetunes

Quote from: ffghtrs on Apr 15, 2015, 06:11 PM
DUde I can't believe how awesome it'll be...did you know that Zakk Wylde was friends with him...according to my  guitar teacher...who was actually friends with Mr. Wylde.  cool.

Yeah, I think they met when Blind Melon opened for Ozzy.

CountSA

Most people only know 'No Rain' and think Blind Melon suck.  They are a supremely underrated band.

APR

Quote from: CountSA on Apr 16, 2015, 10:12 AM
Most people only know 'No Rain' and think Blind Melon suck.  They are a supremely underrated band.

Their debut album was incredible except for "No Rain."  VH1's Behind the Music about Blind Melon is really sad.  Shannon was so nuts and messed up.  The whole episode is on YouTube.  I'm looking forward to watching the preview posted above.

wheelhousetunes

I think more and more people learn each year to listen to all their stuff and don't just go off of "No Rain".

But, in fact, when the album first was released and I picked up (all those years ago..), "Change" and "No Rain" were my immediate two favorites. The album has evolved so much for me through the years and it's still one of my all time favorites.

I even still enjoy "No Rain" quite a bit from time to time.

Soup was the album that got totally panned at the time but I've always loved it and has so many layers. That's the totally underappreicated one. But for those that listen, it's their favorite one.

wheelhousetunes

They've posted a version of "Sleepyhouse" done by none other than Jim James.

Check it out!!! It's great.