Forecastle 2015

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 12, 2015, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSUNFLWR

well widespread Panic is my boyfriends favorite band and I have seen them a bunch and they put on a hell of a show!!

who the fu*k is Sam Smith and why would he get first billing when I don't even know who he is.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: rmpotsy on Jan 26, 2015, 10:08 AM
everyone will be happy to hear that i have it on very good authority that there will be no...

DAVE MATTHEWS BAND

youre all very welcome

Sorry, but I'd take Dave over Sam Smith...

Who the hell is Sam Smith and why is he headlining????    :undecided:

oistheone

Like Sam Smith or not, the guy has been headlining stadiums all year, had number one hits (now officially co-written by Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne) and will likely kill it at the Grammy's in a couple weeks. This guy is a star. Not one I'm down with mind you. But he will sell tickets.

e_wind

I also need to know who sam smith is.

Over all though, the line up is good.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

LBSUNFLWR

I am happy. Sam smith I hope will play Friday night, MMJ Saturday and close the festival with Panic?? That'd be great.

I do not know Sam Smith so I can not judge but don't see how he can get first billing. But plenty of others to look forward to: Tweedy, The Word, Houndmouth 

so relieved it's not Dave Matthews!

e_wind

I guess I need to start plugging my pals now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6x_b5BB6NM
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

MOWJO8185

I see many don't feel the DMB love here - but I struggle to see how they would be a worse headliner than Sam Smith.

LBSUNFLWR

seems to me DMB would have been in the Panic slot, not the sam smith slot. so yeah I would have been way more disappointed with sam smith, MMJ and DMB.

parkervb

sorry (not sorry) but WTF? Sam Smith?
Don't you ever turn it off

mahgeetah

Lineup looks good.

How is this festival? Worth traveling from California for? Just curious how the crowds are, stage views, beer/bathroom lines, etc....

Mr. White

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jan 27, 2015, 12:11 PM
well widespread Panic is my boyfriends favorite band and I have seen them a bunch and they put on a hell of a show!!

who the fu*k is Sam Smith and why would he get first billing when I don't even know who he is.

...I think I saw on the national news (with Brian Williams) and heard on the Bob and Tom radio show that Sam Smith is a music thief. I may be wrong on this, but...why would we (Louisville area resident speaking/typing here) want "his kind" around "these parts" on what is supposed to be a celebration of music, art, and activism...not bubble gum pop thievery...?...? Plus, that song he co-wrote with Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne isn't all that great...all due respect to Tom and Jeff, of course...
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: Mr. White on Jan 27, 2015, 01:14 PM

...I think I saw on the national news (with Brian Williams) and heard on the Bob and Tom radio show that Sam Smith is a music thief. I may be wrong on this, but...why would we (Louisville area resident speaking/typing here) want "his kind" around "these parts" on what is supposed to be a celebration of music, art, and activism...not bubble gum pop thievery...?...? Plus, that song he co-wrote with Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne isn't all that great...all due respect to Tom and Jeff, of course...

guy I sit next to at work showed me an article that said whoever wrote sam smiths song for him, said they never heard the Tom Petty song but they agreed that it sounded like it and so they ended up paying TP some money. I don't think Tom Petty seriously had anything to do with sam smith's song...

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: mahgeetah on Jan 27, 2015, 01:09 PM
Lineup looks good.

How is this festival? Worth traveling from California for? Just curious how the crowds are, stage views, beer/bathroom lines, etc....

Not just saying this bc I live in Louisville, and I do have the luxury of going home to my own house each night...but I have been twice and been extremely impressed with the way things are handled! It's on the beautiful waterfront too! But the little things like: a lot of bathrooms (spot-a-pots) that weren't too awful, even on Day 3. Plenty of food and drink of all kind. trash cans and recycling everywhere along with people who cleaned up everything including cigarette butts on the ground. Easy walking distance between all the stages! just all around a well put together festival!!

LBSUNFLWR

peaceful crowds too!  :thumbsup:
Can't say I ever saw any out of line behavior!

Mr. White

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jan 27, 2015, 01:19 PM

guy I sit next to at work showed me an article that said whoever wrote sam smiths song for him, said they never heard the Tom Petty song but they agreed that it sounded like it and so they ended up paying TP some money. I don't think Tom Petty seriously had anything to do with sam smith's song...

So...you mean this Sam Smith character is the type who doesn't even write his own songs...!?!?

I guess he has a place at the festival though. One of the regulars who comes on the Bob and Tom show stated that the ripped off song of his is actually a "panty dropper", therefore it is important to the younger crowd who may be trying to pick up "some"... or get some "dropped" in their laps ... I don't care about all that. I'm married and only listen to music I enjoy. My days of having to put on a tune to turn the girls on are over. However, we do put on some mellow stuff from one of the Directv music channels when we are... I guess I sort of understand...
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

LBSUNFLWR

think he's more of a pop star? I really don't know. But they can't have all the same music and so I am ok with it. Just amazed that someone I had not ever heard of, and who apparently has only one album out could get the top billing over MMj or Widespread Panic...but whatever.

Maybe MMJ will do a late night show the night Sam Smith plays and we can all leave early! :) Here's hoping they do a late night, and/or Panic too!

I'm pleased with today's announcement. and hope some of the yet-to-be-announced bands are ones I would like too!

justbcuzido

Quote from: Mr. White on Jan 27, 2015, 01:28 PM
Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jan 27, 2015, 01:19 PM

So...you mean this Sam Smith character is the type who doesn't even write his own songs...!?!?

I guess he has a place at the festival though. One of the regulars who comes on the Bob and Tom show stated that the ripped off song of his is actually a "panty dropper", therefore it is important to the younger crowd who may be trying to pick up "some"... or get some "dropped" in their laps ... I don't care about all that. I'm married and only listen to music I enjoy. My days of having to put on a tune to turn the girls on are over. However, we do put on some mellow stuff from one of the Directv music channels when we are... I guess I sort of understand...

Well, if you or anyone else needs a "Panty Dropper" in the future, look no further than Mr Marvin Sease. This would be an over the top Jacket cover (in the most outrageous way only they could pull of)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duPXGYoRUPE
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

BigHerm

Sam Smith being billed first is unreal.

ericm

Any word about an MMJ Roll Call presale or group rates at The Galt again?
"Where's Jim going?"

pattilovesmmj

What are the odds that MMJ will headline Saturday?  When I went in 2012 and MMJ was coordinating the festival, that's the night they headlined
I can only afford to go the day they play.  Think it will be Saturday? Any thoughts?