Forecastle 2015

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 12, 2015, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

Quote from: BigHerm on Apr 07, 2015, 11:44 AM
I will be there Saturday. WoD, Sturgill, and MMJ. Yes, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i also suggest catching Twin Peaks if you like some Chicago kids doing their best early 70s Stones impression.

http://youtu.be/tl9SRsPbWLM
Don't you ever turn it off

slappymoe

so glad to see the war on drugs added!  they were my favorite at OBH2 (aside from MMJ, of course).

tippitoes22

REALLY ? I thought the War on Drugs sound was ,unfortunately, seriously affected by the wind. Their sound guys were runnin around trying to fight that beautiful Mexican breeze.

Hence, the killer "RIDE LIKE THE WIND" - Christopher Cross -MMJ OPENER

My money for runner up band is DR.DOG!!!
(I am biased though. I'm a massive Dr. DOG fan!)

Again, just one guys opinion  :thumbsup:
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

CHIMMJFAN

MMJ, War On Drugs and Simpson on Saturday night! When I set up my trip to Red Rocks this year I sacrificed going to Forecastle but damn I might have to make this happen. I've missed War on Drugs multiple times near Chicago, I feel like this is calling me, lol.

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

MMJCOBRA

Single Day tickets presale listed below.  Ticket $75 per day.  http://www.ticketmaster.com/The-Forecastle-Festival-tickets/artist/1808354?wt.mc_id=EML_NTF395603_31[img1_link

Waterfront Park
Louisville, KY
July 17-19, 2015   Enter Code: MAST    

Special Presale Offer
Anchors aweigh! The Forecastle Festival will return this summer July 17-19, and this is your chance to score daily tickets before everyone else! Led by soulful breakout star, Sam Smith on Friday, Louisville hometown heroes My Morning Jacket on Saturday, and southern rock heavyweights Widespread Panic alongside indie veterans Modest Mouse on Sunday, plus 50+ more artists in the mix, Forecastle takes place at Louisville's award-winning Waterfront Park, a sweeping green space on the banks of the Ohio River.
Daily lineups are out now, and while daily tickets don't go on sale to the public until this Friday, April 10 at noon ET, you can use the code 'MAST' to secure your daily tickets now!

Mr. White

Quote from: unravelled on Apr 08, 2015, 11:15 AM
Single Day tickets presale listed below.  Ticket $75 per day.  http://www.ticketmaster.com/The-Forecastle-Festival-tickets/artist/1808354?wt.mc_id=EML_NTF395603_31[img1_link

Waterfront Park
Louisville, KY

Special Presale Offer
Anchors aweigh! The Forecastle Festival will return this summer July 17-19, and this is your chance to score daily tickets before everyone else! Led by soulful breakout star, Sam Smith on Friday, Louisville hometown heroes My Morning Jacket on Saturday, and southern rock heavyweights Widespread Panic alongside indie veterans Modest Mouse on Sunday, plus 50+ more artists in the mix, Forecastle takes place at Louisville's award-winning Waterfront Park, a sweeping green space on the banks of the Ohio River.
Daily lineups are out now, and while daily tickets don't go on sale to the public until this Friday, April 10 at noon ET, you can use the code 'MAST' to secure your daily tickets now!

Who all out there are going for the single day ticket? I saw BigHerm plans to go. I am still undecided. I checked to see if the password/code worked and to see what the total price would be with fees. It wound up being $83.40 total. I'm still thinking it over...
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

LBSUNFLWR

I will be there all 3 days. Pretty underwhelmed by Friday but will see Houndmouth and Cold War Kids and find some new stuff to check out.

I am happy with Saturday and Sunday. Especially for The Word, Sturgill, War on Drugs and MMJ on Saturday. Sunday looking great to me too. Widespread Panic is an awesome live band!! Plus looking forward to seeing Tweedy again and hoping for a little solo set with Jeff doing Wilco songs. Maybe some guests??

let's hope for some great weather. Already took off Friday and Monday. Should be another great one.

goldenyim

I pulled the trigger today on Saturday passes for michaelsatterfield and myself. We saw WoD last week at the Georgia Theater in Athens and their addition to the Saturday lineup was the last push I needed to kick into "make it happen" mode.

We have listened to MMJ's 2012 Forecastle set so damn much and it's better every time.

Looking forward to finally experiencing the boys headlining their hometown festival!

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 09, 2015, 02:08 PM

Waterfront Park
Louisville, KY

Special Presale Offer

Who all out there are going for the single day ticket? I saw BigHerm plans to go. I am still undecided. I checked to see if the password/code worked and to see what the total price would be with fees. It wound up being $83.40 total. I'm still thinking it over...

MMJ will put on a very special show at Forecastle. Count on it to be one to remember! I wouldn't miss it.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

e_wind

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Apr 11, 2015, 05:02 PM

Waterfront Park
Louisville, KY

Special Presale Offer

MMJ will put on a very special show at Forecastle. Count on it to be one to remember! I wouldn't miss it.

Yeah. Forecastle 2012 basically was the launch of MMJ's current streak of amazing shows. It was mind-blowing to see the setlist we saw after the Circuital tour (which was horrible)
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 11, 2015, 06:26 PM

Waterfront Park
Louisville, KY

Special Presale Offer

Yeah. Forecastle 2012 basically was the launch of MMJ's current streak of amazing shows. It was mind-blowing to see the setlist we saw after the Circuital tour (which was horrible)

Definitely. It was like the start of spontaneous curation. Not to mention this show is shaping up to be OBH 2 the reunion. You'll have at least the war on drugs and Conor guest appearing on stage during their set.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

e_wind

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Apr 11, 2015, 08:19 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Apr 11, 2015, 06:26 PM

Waterfront Park
Louisville, KY

Special Presale Offer

Definitely. It was like the start of spontaneous curation. Not to mention this show is shaping up to be OBH 2 the reunion. You'll have at least the war on drugs and Conor guest appearing on stage during their set.

+Mariachi El Brox from OBH1
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

goldenyim

Where are most of you guys staying? I bought our Saturday tickets pretty late in the game and most downtown hotels in close proximity to the waterfront are either booked or outrageously expensive.

I'm leaning towards the Market Street Inn just because everything else in that vicinity is upwards of $200/night and it's $150. It's actually in Jeffersonville, IN but just a short foot bridge walk from the Waterfront.

MACKEL

So now that the Bonnaroo schedule has dropped and we know that MMJ is getting ripped off, I'm really hoping that the Forecastle headline set will be THE epic festival show this year... What do you guys think?
Been lookin back, down through the ages; First I was an ancient, then I was an infant, now I'm ALIVE

ditty

Quote from: michaelsatterfield on Apr 23, 2015, 11:29 AM
So now that the Bonnaroo schedule has dropped and we know that MMJ is getting ripped off, I'm really hoping that the Forecastle headline set will be THE epic festival show this year... What do you guys think?

I certainly have high hopes for at least the same 2.5 hrs they had last time  :thumbsup:
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

MACKEL

Quote from: ditty on Apr 23, 2015, 12:43 PM
I certainly have high hopes for at least the same 2.5 hrs they had last time  :thumbsup:

I'm ready to go ba ba bananas nanas!!!!
Been lookin back, down through the ages; First I was an ancient, then I was an infant, now I'm ALIVE

AlwxanderD10

I tweeted something along the lines of wanting forecastle to give mmj a 3+ hour set, and the festival account  favorited it. So I'm hoping that means something... Haha :rolleyes:

cride3332

For all you out of towers looking for a place to stay that's close (10 minutes by car) look up hotels in Jeffersonville and Clarksville, Indiana. Price of living is a bit cheaper on this side of the river and its and uber is cheap travel. There is a nice Holiday Inn in Clarksville and Jeffersonville has a couple fairly new hotels. There is a walking bridge from Jeff to Louisville if you prefer not to battle traffic. We walked it all 3 days last year. 1.6 miles from the start of the bridge to the Forecastle gate.

oistheone

One of the many sweet things about Forecastle is that those headliner set times are a definite "soft" end time. Jack White and Beck both went almost an hour over their allotted set. Bodes well for MMJ this year!

millerjustin

do not miss Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds on Friday - they are amazing!
What's in here won't disappear