Forecastle 2015

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 12, 2015, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slappymoe

and now weather.com has us up to 97, 96, and 98 degrees. :cry:

jesus, the heat index will approach 105-110. let's hope they're wrong.  and god help the performers.  I hope they're more accustomed to such heat than this big baby.

oh well, it is what it is. just gotta deal.

LBSUNFLWR

on the news this morning they said 105 with the heat index. Some clouds would be appreciated. be prepared with sunscreen and some sort of bug repellant!! I found bug repellant wrist bands I am planning on wearing all weekend. And will have OFF spray and Sunscreen and a hat.

also remember that you can bring in an empty water bottle to fill up at the water station vs. spending $5 for a little bottle at the food vendors.

Getting so excited but trying to not worry about the heat and wet muddy grass.

kholl44

95 degrees sounds like perfect Jacket weather!
Sure the heat will be miserable but I still plan on getting there 8 hours early with my camelbak and sticking it out knowing it will be worth it when I'm watching from the rail... I'm hoping the heat will keep it from getting too crowded too early before The Word or War on Drugs too
I'm in love with this soul; it's a meaning that I understand

LBSUNFLWR

definitely excited for The Word!! Luther is one hell of a guitar player! :)

MrB

Expectations? With a few days off and well rested plus time to practice a bunch of covers, I think we'll get quite a show!

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: MrB on Jul 15, 2015, 11:28 AM
Expectations? With a few days off and well rested plus time to practice a bunch of covers, I think we'll get quite a show!

and some guest appearances! :)

ShootinfromSmokin

The wait is almost over! Let's dance!

AlwxanderD10

Any chance at an MMJ poster for the show or should I just expect to buy the forecastle poster? I believe they had one for bonnaroo...

parkervb

hoping there's some couch tour going down for this.
Don't you ever turn it off

tippitoes22

Johnny Quaids in town!!!
Hoping for the 3 guitar attack on a FULL...MASSIVE RUN THRU!!!
:thumbsup:
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

tippitoes22

Quote from: AlwxanderD10 on Jul 15, 2015, 01:47 PM
Any chance at an MMJ poster for the show or should I just expect to buy the forecastle poster? I believe they had one for bonnaroo...

I'm wondering the same thing...
Anyone have a definitive answer on a MMJ specific forecastle poster?
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

Jackets N Pones

Sorry if I missed this but will this be streaming anywhere?
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

johnnYYac

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Jul 16, 2015, 11:05 PM
I haven't found any evidence of a webcast or stream... sigh.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ryno11111

Quote from: tippitoes22 on Jul 16, 2015, 01:54 AM

No definitive answer, but I did see online that MadPixel Design did an 'artist specific' poster for local band Houndmouth tonight.  I know that MadPixel and Status Serigraph both have nice looking Forecastle prints.   Status Serigraph has a foil variant of their print as well which always looks killer.   I am still holding out hope that MMJ will have their own print. 

armando

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 17, 2015, 05:38 PM
Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Jul 16, 2015, 11:05 PM
I haven't found any evidence of a webcast or stream... sigh.

No stream from Forecastle, straight from the Forecastle tweeter:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

AlwxanderD10

Quote from: ryno11111 on Jul 17, 2015, 08:40 PM

No definitive answer, but I did see online that MadPixel Design did an 'artist specific' poster for local band Houndmouth tonight.  I know that MadPixel and Status Serigraph both have nice looking Forecastle prints.   Status Serigraph has a foil variant of their print as well which always looks killer.   I am still holding out hope that MMJ will have their own print. 

There is a poster ! Purchased it this afternoon! Hopefully some will still be left tomorrow.

MrB

Mr. White

Quote from: MrB on Jul 17, 2015, 10:56 PM
:thumbsup:

Man! I need that poster!

On a side note, I had the local (Louisville) news recorded, so I could check in on their coverage of Forecastle night 1. I just found out it stormed suddenly, and they ended Sam Smith's set 90 minutes early (around 10:00 pm I guess, since it was scheduled to end at 11:30). Too bad. Now, they are acting like they may have to increase the chances of a sudden downpour of rain for the rest of the weekend. Sure hope we get lucky...
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

LBSUNFLWR

Is that not true karma for Forecastle bringing in a pop star with one album and making him a headliner? And listing him before MMJ and Widespread Panic on all the ads and posters etc.

he didn't start until 9:45, he couldn't have played more than 30 minutes!

Day 1 was just ok to me, wasn't really looking forward to much and didn't hear anything I would say was that great. we had fun walking around and checking out bands yesterday but there wasn't really anyone I was excited about.
We saw:
People Under the Stairs
a few minutes of Cold War Kids
St. Paul and Broken Bones
few minutes of Gaslight Anthem
most of Cage The Elephant
most of Houndmouth

LBSUNFLWR

I do feel bad for people who spent $90 on a one day pass for Friday to see Sam Smith and only got a few songs before it got shut down.