Big Decisions discussions

Started by Woldie, Feb 28, 2015, 11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusiKel Mama

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Mar 06, 2015, 05:32 PM
"He who hesitates is lost"

My boss left us with this quote at the end of a meeting today and it made me think of Big D.

Some other definitions I found interesting are below:

"Swift and resolute action leads to success; self-doubt is a prelude to disaster."

"A person who spends too much time deliberating about what to do loses the chance to act altogether."

Also, just a side note on MamaKel's two selves, I have always felt like the chorus of Bermuda Highway is between two selves, the artistic and creative self asking the "by the book" self not to carve him/her out and let their silly dreams to fall. Maybe that is obvious but just thought I'd throw that in there.
Jesus, dude. It's like you just cut through my daily inner dialogue. I never thought of Bermuda Highway quite like that...but will from now on...I had an experience with At Dawn that way. It actually seems a pretty common theme. I think what I admire or seek, is what I presume to lack. Thank you for those insights...they are really profound.

armando

Quote from: oistheone on Mar 05, 2015, 03:38 AM
For anyone who doubts the awesomeness of this song, just picture this LIVE, where Carl kicks the fucking shit out of EVERYTHING starting at about 2:15

Also, I just realized I've had this song on repeat all night. Up to 88 listens already. Goddamn. I've been in MMJ withdrawal for a LONG TIME and am in the midst of a borderline unhealthy bender right now.

I'm on a similar bender with Big D. Long time, too long. With each listen, though, more and more comes out. Like the song get deeper and more full each time.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jaimoe

Listened to the song this morning. First impression is it's pretty good.

RobRoy286

Loving this song more and more every day. Could be a great opener or second slot.

MusiKel Mama

http://wearebuddhamind.blogspot.com/2013/04/nirvana-waterfall.html
The Waterfall: Return to the Original Mind
The Drops are Not What They Seem

armando

I've listened to Big Decisions so many times already even my kids know the words.  :thumbsup:

Mr. White

This short write-up was in the March 26th issue of Rolling Stone I just got in the mail today.

From "The Playlist" on page 12 - "5. My Morning Jacket - "Big Decisions" - The Jacket are back-et! The Kentucky jam kings' first album since 2011 is due out May 4th, and if this pleading, soul-tinged song is any indication, it'll be a big hit at campfire cookouts all summer long."
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

Quote from: buymycar on Mar 14, 2015, 12:34 PM
Big Decisions is up for purchase again in the Pono store:

https://ponomusic.force.com/ccrz__CCPage?pageKey=product&oId=of%3A3c394fef006c4ad1b4e2261c97a29575&type=Album&artistId=of%3Ab16d96be7cf04d6f87c99a95e5d98fe3

Hell yeah!!!
Go get it Jacket fans!!!
CD quality download at 44.1 kHz/24 bit for $1.99 vs. MP3 quality on other sites for $1.29.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: armando on Mar 14, 2015, 01:07 PM
I've listened to Big Decisions so many times already even my kids know the words.  :thumbsup:

My kids are loving it!!!
And for all of us that thought it was "sexy"....
Yesterday in the car we are listening to it, and my 4 yr old is cracking up in the back seat.
I say Harrison what's so funny?
He looks at me and says, dad jimmy keeps saying sexy!!
Gotta love it!

MusiKel Mama

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Mar 20, 2015, 11:11 AM

My kids are loving it!!!
Yesterday in the car we are listening to it, and my 4 yr old is cracking up in the back seat.
Gotta love it!

This is so cute!!! I love that he calls him " Jimmy" just like Levon Helm...my little one always opens his mouth real wide and giggles when we're listening to live shows and Jim says something like "It is FUCk-ING beautiful out here"... It makes me appreciate the hilarity of the word fuck so much more...

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: MusiKel Mama on Mar 20, 2015, 11:20 AM
Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Mar 20, 2015, 11:11 AM

My kids are loving it!!!
Gotta love it!

This is so cute!!! I love that he calls him " Jimmy" just like Levon Helm...my little one always opens his mouth real wide and giggles when we're listening to live shows and Jim says something like "It is FUCk-ING beautiful out here"... It makes me appreciate the hilarity of the word fuck so much more...

Hahahaha
Thats amazing !!!!!

And yes... Him and my 8yr old have been brainwashed since birth, and my 16yr old since he was 6.
They are so pumped!!! This summer they will not be left behind and get to go to their first Jacket show!  :cheesy:

MusiKel Mama

Us too! Which ones are you guys going to?!

Speaking of brainwashing, I have videos of the little one's voice singing through the baby monitor "Howding on to bwack metaw...bwack metaw!!!" I don't know if there's a kid jacket thread, but I think we should start a Roll Call Small club...

I think you are doing a fantastic job parenting  :grin:

Drizzler

They need to get some kiddo shirts for the youngins.  Not a whole lot out there.  Most are individually made, if any.  Would love to see a jacket onesy

MusiKel Mama

Quote from: Drizzler on Mar 20, 2015, 06:18 PM
They need to get some kiddo shirts for the youngins.  Not a whole lot out there.  Most are individually made, if any.  Would love to see a jacket onesy
Can we make this happen? I feel like there are such beautiful Muppet like possibilities for all those minigeetahs

Drizzler

I'm taking my 3 year old to RR for his first jacket show.  We plan on altering a women's small to fit him.  I would like to see someone who has pull make mention to the bands team and see if we can.  Maybe Johnny Yac can make a mention?

MusiKel Mama

Quote from: Drizzler on Mar 20, 2015, 07:44 PM
I'm taking my 3 year old to RR for his first jacket show.  We plan on altering a women's small to fit him.  I would like to see someone who has pull make mention to the bands team and see if we can.  Maybe Johnny Yac can make a mention?

Where there's a will, there's a way...you got all the pull you need, my friend.

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: MusiKel Mama on Mar 20, 2015, 12:55 PM
Us too! Which ones are you guys going to?!

Speaking of brainwashing, I have videos of the little one's voice singing through the baby monitor "Howding on to bwack metaw...bwack metaw!!!" I don't know if there's a kid jacket thread, but I think we should start a Roll Call Small club...

I think you are doing a fantastic job parenting  :grin:

That's awesome!
They have the same shirt!!! (They had them on sale on one of the tours, and never saw them again)
Going to Camden and Meriwether.

johnnYYac

Since we're showing kid pics, here's Jim at Newport 2010 with my daughter, Maddie, and niece, Regan.  Both age 5 at the time.

I passed on the request for kid-size merch to management.  We'll see where that goes...

Definitely look at merch tables during the tour.  They often have things not available online.