Red Rocks - August 14

Started by e_wind, Mar 03, 2015, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: raheuer on Aug 14, 2015, 09:09 PM
Snagged one of the Reno foils. WOW! Sitting on row nine. WOW!!!!!!!!

:cool:   :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:   :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Lonndown27

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Aug 14, 2015, 04:48 PM
So I wake up at 2am Chicago time today, head to my buddies house, only to find out our 6am SW airlines flight has been cancelled!!!!!!!!!! Apparently a lightning strike hit the Las Vegas airport which is where the plane that was flying to Chicago and then taking us to Denver was and they had to cancel flights throughout the U.S.
Next flight wouldnt get us out to Denver until 9pm tonight, thus missing the MMJ Show!!!!!!!

But no way was I missing my first Red Rocks experience with MMJ, all SW airlines would do was refund my one way ticket, so I had to book a last minute one way ticket to Denver for $393!!!!! lol

We just got into our cabin in Blackhawk, CO and damn it is gorgeous out here! I'm gonna crash for a few hours and then make the trek to Red Rocks, hopefully getting there by 545pm and onto a glorious night! I had doubts I was gonna make it this morning but lo and behold everything worked out.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight and MMJ putting on an amazing show!

CHIMMJFAN

DOOD!!!! YES!!! NOTHING COULD STOP YOU! !!!! you deserve this CHIMMJFAN seriously i woulda felt really bad if you'd missed it due to that craziness
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

owlsdance

Any chance on getting an access code?

Bulldog

Quote from: owlsdance on Aug 14, 2015, 10:08 PM
Any chance on getting an access code?

Dood pony up, dont screw up a good thing....

owlsdance

I went to the shows in my area. Plenty of streams are free

ericm

Quote from: owlsdance on Aug 14, 2015, 10:25 PM
I went to the shows in my area. Plenty of streams are free

And this one is only $12.95.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

owlsdance

I'm not dood. And I don't pony up

beardedwonder

couchin it tonight from MA. gonna be awesome! enjoy everyone!!
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

ruralt

Just made it back to my car.

Is it too early to say "oh my god"?

raheuer

Jesus Christ that was a show and a half
It's DON FREAKIN DANTE by My Morning Jacket, just chill the hell out and listen!

LowDownLuvDawg

That was funkin glorious.  Beautiful night.  The camera work was freaking sweet to even watch while being at the show.  Top notch people.  The crowd was great!

IMeMine

Dear Band,

What an amazing show, well done!!!  I'm loving all of it....the actual show, the home viewing experience, the stage energy.....

A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+, A+

Dear Yelp,
My morning jacket rules!

P.S. Carl+Hell=killed it
Everything passes...Everything changes...Just do what you think you should do

pagerage

I have seen some pretty special mmj shows- bonnaroo '06, every red rocks show, Levon's barn, among others- and last night was hands down the tightest the band has ever been. Amazing night.

dub82

They were on point last night. I was hoping for a few super deep cuts, but the set list was still very good. They seemed to jam a lot more last night, a lot of songs ran into another one.

And Carl was cookin. He left the stage and there was a plate biscuits and bacon where he was.

Lonndown27

they were insane! just wish they'd included Come Closer for gods sake! as well as remove Touch Me pt. I and insert Thin Line. Also PLAY How Do You Know...you just did two days ago...and Cobra?? How come no Cobra for the big nights when everyone's watching? its a song for the peoples :)
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

was that the greatest Gideon you've ever heard? just the way it crescendo'd with Jim and Carl playing together and then Carl's acrobatics just made it so perrrrrfect. My god...these guys are dangerous live, they just blow you away. Carl was fucking brilliant all show, i felt his goldtop let him down at the first of I Think I'm Going To Hell, he totally missed his cue I think . Carl was twirling around and headbanging and flying around with abandon and it was amazing to see, I love Carl, as does everyone on here.
that was the darkest, creepiest version of Victory Dance i've ever heard, Jesus, that thing was a runaway train.

the extension of Spring was really cool i felt. Tropics is begging
to be stretched to 10 minutes.

i think they could've been a lot more creative with an opener instead of fuckin Wordless...like come on...we've been there before and back again...im firmly suggesting How Could I Know but hey? it was an amazing experience, there's really nothing to complain about. We got an amazing show and jesus, thank you Jacket!!!

ericm

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 15, 2015, 10:44 AM
it was an amazing experience, there's really nothing to complain about.

Well why all the complaining in your last post, and this one then?  :huh:
"Where's Jim going?"

dookie shoot bandit

I get that some people may think wordless is getting old. I dunno... I still love it. It works every time.
But it is so much better as the opener or the start of the encore. So wher they had it last night, was great for me.
Same as victory dance for me. The whole Circuital tour, it fit perfect as the opening song.

Lonndown27

Quote from: ericm on Aug 15, 2015, 11:27 AM

Because I'm being honest haha

ericm

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 15, 2015, 02:25 PM
Quote from: ericm on Aug 15, 2015, 11:27 AM

Because I'm being honest haha

You can certainly be honest,and post your opinions all you want. No problem there.  :beer:

It's throwing out 7-8 complaints in a couple of posts, and then saying there's nothing to complain about that's got me scratching my head.  :huh:
"Where's Jim going?"